Login Create Account
Caption Awards
flamtap
Hey I know this idea has been thrown around a lot but are caption awards for finals coming in the near future?
Alex
 -infinity
I'm not sure. I don't want to encourage people to stack up one caption just to get an extra award, which is what might end up happening.
BaritoneB1
Agreed. I don't think the 28th place person should get the Winds caption, just because they spent all of their energy on it.
Mmhsdm26
Maybe the caption should be awarded to the highest score on Finals night? That way you have to at least be a top 12 group in order to earn those awards.
Sapphire Sound - Div. I Drum Corps
Sapphire Sound Cadets - Div. I Marching Band
2x Drum Corps Medalist (S2 Div 1 Champions)
2x Marching Band Medalist (S2 Div 3 Champions)
cire
Yeah.. that's a good idea Mmhsdm, or even just from the last 2 nights.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
ashfire
how about this: remember the last 50 rehearsal buttons clicked. if 25 of them are the same, then the points you get for clicking on it dramatically decreases. and if all of them are the same you get zero or next to zero points. this would discourage putting all your energy toward one caption. this could be done with any scale (eg: [100, 50]; [50, 30]; [10, 7]).
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
cire
Possibly, but I don't think you should dictate or penalize someone for playing a certain way. If someone only wants to focus on music, let them. They aren't going to win shows from it... only that caption. That's their choice.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
BaritoneB1
I like Mmhsdm26's idea.
ashfire
on the old fma, you couldn't click the same one 5 times out of every twenty clicks.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
BaritoneB1
^I remember that, but it was a little annoying. What I do on here is if I notice that I am behind in a certain caption, I focus most of my energy towards that caption, while still working on others. For the most part I keep everything balanced though. I really don't want a limit on what I can click on.