Login Create Account
New Division Idea
ImperialSound
Ok first off I really do love FMA 2.0, but since Im back in college and now teaching 3 drumlines I can barely play the game as much as I did in the summer.

My idea is to make an like Old School DIV the "DCA" of FMA so to speak. Like bring back the idea from FMA 1.0 where you only could use your points once a day . Because I am sure thats about when a lot of us can only play.
Pioneer Drum Corps '12 Tenors
Twin Cities Area Independent 10 bass
Sun Devils Drum & Bugle Corps 08,09 Bass
cire
This might be an ok idea... but if it is DCA then it should only be open to practice during the weekends and the DCA groups can only compete with DCA groups and since they practice during weekends they shouldn't get as much experience or good of scores
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
ChrisRohn
or Alex could just start up another season on http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/version1

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
ashfire
if you can't get on but once per day, then strive to be in division 2 or 3. if you didn't get into the division you wanted, i'm sure alex will show some clemency. and yes, alex should continue the classic. although it can't be fun if only like 10 to 50 people are playing it.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
bando
Just do nothing all of preseason and hope that you end up in Division 2 or 3
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
It would be a good idea to have a big show in the middle of the season, or at least one that everyone competes in (even in exhibition)

and based on those results a group and jump or fall in division.. the score wouldn't affect this, but only the other things that do affect it, such as time spent, director level, or whatever it is

This way it will prevent a group from being completely idle all preseason, ending up in div 3, and then going all out and dominating everything.. The same for the other half, those who were able to play a lot in preseason, but due to time commitments they aren't able to participate much after that..

This I think would help even out the playing fields as far as divisions go and prevent any kind of division manipulation
ImperialSound
Like I said, I played a lot in the summer but now like life is starting to kick back in with the fall so Things are starting to slow down.

And still aiming for DIV III by only not playing the preseason still means I wouldn't be able to compete because there is kids in DIV III who are scoring just as high as ppl in Div I.

I dont think he should open back up Ver 1. but instead Just have a Ver 1 Div you know. like something kind of like that. I am just throwing out ideas
Pioneer Drum Corps '12 Tenors
Twin Cities Area Independent 10 bass
Sun Devils Drum & Bugle Corps 08,09 Bass
cire
You mean people in div 1 are scoring as low as people in div 3. The #1 div 3 group is 10-1 points behind the #1 div 1 group in corps, and a few points lower in the other groups.
jrhnemo
I like the idea of a division where you can only rehearse once a day.
IMcomJosh
"....big show in the middle of the season, or at least one that everyone competes in (even in exhibition) and based on those results a group and jump or fall in division.. the score wouldn't affect this, but only the other things that do affect it, such as time spent, director level..."

I definitely like this idea. That prevents people from not playing during the Divisional period and then play like crazy to win D3 or D2. Also allows for the D1 or D2 people that may have had unforeseen time conflicts come up be a bit more competitive. The only problem I can see with this is that the Divisions can become very lopsided in their numbers.
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
cire
There will probably be enough switching between divisions where the numbers would stay relatively the same.
BaritoneB1
I personally like it the way it is. I would be a little upset if I was at the top of Division II with a score of 68.550 (for example), and then moved up half way through the season into Division I, where I would now rank 11th.

These problems of not being able to get on are going to occur no matter what.

I think Divisions should be determined by activity from the previous season. Instead of score, placement, influence, etc. (whatever else it is based on), it should be by activity from the previous season, if anything at all. I'm fine with how it is now.

(Would it be a bad idea to have maybe 4 or 5 diivisions instead of 3?)
cire
If you think people complain a lot now about it, with being in the wrong division, it'll be a LOT worse if you go back the previous season.
bando
Maybe make a combination of both, using the factors used now and then adding in the amount of time you had last season?
Founder of the IIEA

Apotheosis
I think everything works just fine the way it is. This new(er) version of FMA is SOOOOO much better than 1.0 was...

My real name is Sam...
bkelly1281
"I personally like it the way it is. I would be a little upset if I was at the top of Division II with a score of 68.550 (for example), and then moved up half way through the season into Division I, where I would now rank 11th. "

This happens all of the time though, for example with Winterguards. I know our circuit in the TN area, if you break a certain score at any particular event you get bumped up to the next class. Would only seem right.
bando
TIA does that as well. There is a certain point in the season when that doesn't happen anymore, bu it does keep groups that should and should not be in a certain division.
Founder of the IIEA