Login Create Account
FMCG Season 2 Interviews
katkatastrophe
Cire

So, how many new members did you get this year?
We have an ever changing amount of numbers within our guard organization. We are always recruiting the best new local and worldwide members into our pilot, sister programs which help build our girls talent and expertise to have them ready to one day possibly move up into the V group. Currently we have 154 girls in our program, the highest we have had this year was 219 and the lowest was 131. The number fluctuates so much because we are always bringing in new talent, and girls are always dropping out for various reasons, such as not being good enough, not passing the mandatory monthly physical tests, etc.. This year in V we have 21 girls in the show, and 10 alternates. If one of the active V members drops in a show, becomes out of step more than once in a show or is off timing more than once in a show they will be replaced by one of the alternates for at least 3 shows, where they will then have to "audition" and battle one of the current active members for a spot.

How do you think people feel when they see your show?
Hopefully the audience enjoys our show, but all we really care about is what the judges think. We are here to win!

Any interesting people in your group?
Our members live, eat, breathe, and sleep guard. If there is anyone interesting outside of that, they are forbidden to talk about it. This is not a rule we set upon the girls, this is a rule they set themselves. Let me think... we do have a member in V that can toss perfect 8's on sabre and rifle.. at the same time! It is quite fascinating actually, think of it as juggling any combination of 3 sabres or rifles at once... but doing tosses. We may incorporate this into next seasons show. We also have 6 members (recently 7) in the active V guard that have never dropped in their life, in practice or show.

Whats your groups favorite meal?
They eat whatever we feed them. We only feed our girls organic fruits and vegetables, organic local meats, and no processed foods. We also have 3 chefs on staff who are former chefs at 5 star restaurants in France.

How do relationships go in your group?
Every member gets along with each fighter. There are no fighting, quarrels, etc. They all consider each other sisters and will die for each other.

Do you ever plan to introduce V to any males?
No. We feel that males in the group will be a distraction and will lead to the fall of the group.

Does V do any certain tradition before the last performance?
On Finals day we do not practice as a group at all. If our girls have not perfected their show by then, and are not ready to win by Finals, they do not deserve it. If they are, then they will not need it anyways. Instead we make them practice on their own.

Any news on season three?
That is strictly confidential, however we have talks on doing a bondage s&m type show, where every member will be blindfolded the entire performance. We may incorporate the equipment juggle, and several of our members are perfecting tossing 14's for next years show.
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

katkatastrophe
MrClarinet

Whats the story behind your guards name? It's the school I attend and this is the name they enter competition on so why not.

How competitive is the audition process? The process this year is different as went fir quality and quantity at the same time. So it's pretty competitive as for as looking good and we tried to get as many of those as we could.

Does your guard have a certain tradition they follow season to season?a tradition of excellence is being established as they get better and better season to season.

How much time do you put in to your guard? I put as much time as I can possibly but it all the depends on how they work from practice. Most of the time they force me to do my job better so I put a lot of time in it.

How did you come up with your show concept? Well I was trying to portray the perfect life and how it has ups and downs. Jason mraz has alot of good songs such as make it mine, lucky, details in the fabric etc. He portays that not everything is perfect and if it were perfect it would be like this.

Do you like how this season is turning out so far? Yes!! The guard is working hard and having so much fun which makes my job a lot easier. They have been trying to get number one but there ok with second. They are happy to be that high because they started I'm division 3 and didn't make finals at all and now there up a division doing great.

What are your goals for the end of this season? To just bond with the members of my guard and make this as memorable as possible.

Do you plan on competing next season? If so, what are your goals for that season? Yes and I'm hoping to make it harder and more challenging as we go.

Is there any additional information you'd like to disclose about next season? I'm hoping to move up to division 1 and compete as well as I can. I want to thank you for allowing me to do this interview and I want to thank the other groups for making this job just as fun.
Proud Director Of

BaritoneB1
Cire, I love how much you get into this!
cire
Just trying to keep things interesting! Glad you like it.. and just hope I never become a commentator lol
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
katkatastrophe
haha you'd be a fun commentator!
Proud Director Of

Gracenote
I think you should take a crack at it for Season 3, cire. May I propose myself as your first interviewee? You wouldn't regret it.
Momentum Drum and Bugle Corps - DIVISION II
Quad Espresso Drumline - DIVISION II
Velocity Colorguard - DIVISION II
Momentum Marching Band - DIVISION III