Login Create Account
FMADC News Review 9/13/2010 - FMA Dublin
Olmstead90
(I want to apologize for not finishing my last article-- school got busy, so now that I got some time I will make it up by making a very comprehensive article here)

Howdy, this is Douglas Orsborn with FMADC News Review, reporting from Dublin, Ireland's very own Croke Park! Tonight was the inaugural night of FMA Dublin, an FMA Regional event for Div III corps willing to make the flight to the Isles to compete amongst other corps of their Division! The stadium was filled with over 200 cheering fans from all over the Island. It's been hectic, running between running the show, my own corps, and reviewing every corps, but the following is my breakdown review of the five corps who presented themselves tonight!

We'll start from the bottom and work our way up with the New York Vanguard who flew in from NYC tonight. The Vanguard placed 5th tonight with a score of 53.650, their show the chilling theme of "Into the Darkness". I quite enjoyed their opening piece, "Mars" by Holst. The power really came through their brass sound. They closed their show with one of Hazo's works, "Ride" which chilled the audience worse than the night air.

Moving up to 4th we see the Dominion Regiment who made the long journey from Virginia Beach. They scored a 55.125 tonight with their show "To Here and Back Again", which utilized some of my favorite classical works in their repertoire. They really set the mood from the first beat with Shostakovitch's 2nd movement from Symphony No. 10, and finished strong on Prokofiev's "Suggestion Diabolique", continuing the theme thus far of dark music tonight.

Taking the bronze medal, in 3rd were the Silver Owls, who hit a 55.310 with their mold-breaking show "Oz's True Colors". The audience was singing along with some classic tunes from the movie/musicals, and following nostalgically in Dorothy's footsteps as the show progressed!

Finishing in 2nd tonight with a score of 57.950 was Spirit, awing the audience with their very original concept theme show, "Duct Tape". Each movement seemed to flow seamlessly into the next, and gave a very audio feeling of adhesiveness. We'll jus' say that the patrons of the stadium were STUCK on Spirit's sound tonight : P

Finishing in first, with a 63.625 were my very own boys, the Druids. They took home their fourth gold medal tonight, and brought their hometown pride as they sent the audience members home with chills after finishing their show "Spirits of the Night".

Well, thanks for listening, folks. Below is a wrap up of the top 12 Div. III corps as of tonight-- hope you tune in for my coverage of Div III Semi-Finals this coming weekend!

1 Poop on a Stick 72.070
2 Epic 69.505
3 Solaris 66.370
4 Gooey Lizard 64.985
5 The Druids Drum & Bugle Corps 63.625
6 Maroon Dawgs 62.715
7 Slatesmen 61.980
8 Willow Arts 61.150
9 Momentum 61.050
10 Southwind II 60.400
11 Golden Knights 59.845
12 Rhapsody 59.670