Login Create Account
The Druids Release Season 3 Information
Olmstead90
With the relative success of Season 2, Druids executive director Douglas Orsborn is proud to leak some information on their Season 3 show.

"I have been waiting for just the right group to come along..." he explains, "and I feel that the Druids are ready for my Magnum Opus."

The Druids Drum & Bugle Corps are proud to announce "Man Vs. Machine" as their Season 3 show.

The show concept will take us through a futuristic doomsday scenario where robots learn to think, and rebel against their human masters.

The opener will be "Distorted", by Cirque Du Soleil. The guard, divided into two (one dressed in skin-toned outfits, the other in gray) show the creation of the robots by man as one by one new gears are added to the machine's costumes by the humans. At the end of the piece, the final gear is added-- the one on their heads, which gives the robots free thought. They shake hands as the tune ends.

The 2nd tune will be "1000 Airplanes on a Roof", starting with a gong hit as the robots break off their relationship with humans and rage war. The much-more-suited-for-battle robots are easily taking the humans down.

In the ballad, "Earth Song" by Ticheli, the humans begin to see the desperation of the war. Together the last remaining people of Earth combine to try to convince the robots of peace between the two factions again.

The closing song will be a medley of tunes by John Williams and James Newton Howard, depicting the robots who refuse peace. In the end, the humans develop a super weapon that may take out all the robots at once-- using the same technology that built them... but it could be at a cost. What will happen? We'll find out Finals night Season 3!
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
jrhnemo
Awesome show concept! I would love to see this marched in real life. Also, I love your cliff hanger endings, only revealing the true endings at finals...genius!
blinkie
Yea, what a great idea!