Login Create Account
FMADC News Review Div III Season 2 Finals!
Olmstead90
Howdy, folks. This is Douglas Orsborn, your FMADC Div III commentator here from FMADC Finals! What a crowd we got tonight. I'll be taking a look at the top 12 lucky corps who have pushed their way through the hardships of tour to make it here tonight!

Starting at the bottom and working our way up:

Nastalgia Corps - 12th - 61.035

Golden Knights - 11th - 61.050 - show title "The Art of Music"
A truly great show about music-- each movement placed well, named after different styles/speeds. This show flowed together well-- the GK certianly earned their place in the top.

Slatesmen - 10th - 64.100 - show title "Through the Night Wind"
Dark, mysterious, yet oddly rejuivinating, the Slatesmen really presented the crowd with a great show tonight. The highs were high, the lows were low, and the dynamics were exaggerated tastfully.

Willow Arts - 9th - 64.320 - show title "Back to Nature"
A great show about re-defining our roots as a drum corps. Not real flashy, yet skillfully done. There's nothing wrong with a show concept sans a story-line, if you can pull it off like this brand new corps from Oregon.

Maroon Dawgs - 8th - 64.610 - show title "Let's Dance!"
A fun show done by a fun corps-- using tunes everyone can boogie to. Surely had the crowd on their feet from opener to closer and coddling their loved ones during the ballad, this was a great show for all ages.

Momentum - 7th - 64.890 - show title "End of the World"
With a dark message for humanity, this show pushed boundaries never seen before by drum corps performanced. Disturbing, maybe, but nevertheless performed with the utmost skill and class, this brand new corps from Cali really strutted their stuff out there tonight.

Southwind II - 6th - 64.970 - show title "Legends"

Gooey Lizards - 5th - 66.920 - show title "Rocks of Lizards"

Druids Drum & Bugle Corps - 4th - 67.300 show title "Spirits of the Night"
So proud of my boys-- they achived a sound tonight I'd never thought I'd hear, such brass tone... the best Druids corps yet.

Solaris - 3rd - 67.880 - show title "Red Bull and Vodka"

Epic - 2nd - 73.905 - show title "Infinite Possibilites"
A bright show with repertoire by famous musician Yanni, Epic gave the crowd hope, happiness, and the potential the realize their dreams-- as I am sure the young men and women in this corps had by winning the silver tonight!

Poop on a Stick - 1st - 76.155

Well folks, there you have it. Have a great off-season and prepare for Season 3 : D
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
Gracenote
Thanks for my very first review. Nice recap on the shows.
Momentum Drum and Bugle Corps - DIVISION II
Quad Espresso Drumline - DIVISION II
Velocity Colorguard - DIVISION II
Momentum Marching Band - DIVISION III
mdmackowiak
Yeah! This was my first time in a review. Thanks!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1