Login Create Account
grand champs
marcher2010
I forgot but i also would like to suggest finals for those who compete in a divisions the top 5 from each division could compete for fma season grand champ. and make another division, an open class division
marcher2010
good idea huh
ChrisRohn
I wouldn't mind a "grand champion" award based on the highest score of a season across all three classes but creating another division based on the prior season's top groups doesn't make much sense... directors could put a significant amount of effort into one season then decide to lay back and fund raise or focus on influence the next.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
marcher2010
no no no like have us decide if we wanted to do open class type division
cire
open class = no
grand champion = sure...

however division 1 will most likely always outscore division 2/3

You could do it this way... have an extra 2 days (instead of 1) where div 2/3 groups start.. that way they end 2 days earlier.. however the top 3 from div 2 and the top 3 from div will get to compete in div 1 semis.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
marcher2010
sounds good to me
Mmhsdm26
@cire Not always. My marching band was in Division III and outscored everyone except one particular group that you may be familiar with =P

It's a cool idea, but I don't know if anything will come out of it.
Sapphire Sound - Div. I Drum Corps
Sapphire Sound Cadets - Div. I Marching Band
2x Drum Corps Medalist (S2 Div 1 Champions)
2x Marching Band Medalist (S2 Div 3 Champions)
cire
Mmhsdm26... let me rephrase.. MY groups outscore division 2/3 groups. :P

but even then.. if a div 2/3 group is good enough to score in the top 12 overall, they should have that opportunity to compete among the other div 1 groups. I'm not sure if div 2/3 groups are scored on different "sheets" like they are in real life (drum corps), which is basically a 10 point difference... but if they are, then when the div 2/3 group competes in div 1, they would be judged harder on different sheets, and their score would drop (roughly 10 points).. which is why I said what I said..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Apotheosis
It really seems like the "Grand Champion" is almost always going to be the winner of Div. 1.
My real name is Sam...
bando
I think it would. Especially since the winners of Division 1 always seem to win with such a lead.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles