Login Create Account
Check-up show (and other suggestions)
Cinman2
1. I think it would be cool to see a show on the day that the season in half way over, to see divisional match-ups like at prelims to see where we all stack up at the same show on the same day because not everyone will have a show on the same day before that.

2. On the Stats and rankings, we should be able to see what day that the groups performed last so groups around them can see where they truly stack up.
Executive Director of the CAI Performing Ensembles:
Northgate Marching Band
The Generals Drum and Bugle Corps
Generals Guard
Generals Drums
Apotheosis
I'm indifferent on #1.

But I REALLY REALLY like #2!
My real name is Sam...
flamtap
#2 is a good idea
Prof
#1 - Maybe some players don't want others to easly see how they are scoring. Some players take the time to watch certain groups numbers to get a feel for how they work their program and plan accordingly.. I realize not everyone plays this way but some do like to be the surprize, come out of no where group. If enough want to do it this way and make it this simple, I would beg that people could opt out of the mid season showdown. One of the best things I like about this game is the fact that you have to work a little and follow other corps to see what they are doing. ( very much like the old pre DCI days when corps came to finals week from circiuts all over the country and no one was sure who would place where in prelims) While the game play prevents the "slotting" we see in DCI, adding a mid season "everyone gets scored contest" to me, blows the suspense of the game. The answers are there if you look for them. I hate the idea of making it easier.

#2 ok, it just cuts out the step of having to look up corps and watch their scores and dates when working out their average score rise per day.compared against your own group.