Login Create Account
FMADC News Review! 10/20/2010
Olmstead90
Howdy, this is Douglas A. Orsborn reporting from the FMA Minneapolis Regional event. Nearly 1,000 men, women, and children came out tonight to see their favorite corps from across the country (and maybe one or two from overseas ;D) compete for the title of Minneapolis Champion. I'll be commentating on a few shows that really stood out to me, so here's the scoop:

Squeezing in at third in Div I, with a score of 70.420, are the Tiger Pride Regiment. Their show is a recent classic: the music of Cirque Du Soleil. I particularly enjoyed the closer, Incantion-- this tune always has a rockin' rhythm and an Eastern feel.

Another corps that impressed me tonight were the Sapphire Vanguard-- placing 9th with a 64.175. Their show, The Pony Express, so greatly depicted that wild-west, dangerous theme, that I was half expecting merauders to come at me from the tunnel! A well designed show.

In Div. II, slipping into 2nd under my own corps, Willow Arts has really grown from it's 9th place Finalist finish last Season. Tonight they scored a 68.585 with their show Tree of Tranquility, which uses deep, rich concert band tunes to explore life in all it's seasons; revolving around the theme of a tree through the year. A typically over-done show, but they were able to polish it up and perform it for us in a new light.

Finishing first in Div III., the Graffiti Drum & Bugle Corps scored a 66.215 for their show The Groove of Life: Music of Prince. I was amazed by how well these popular songs could be charted for a corps. Marvelous concepts that really come across from music to visual.

Closing up my comments, I would like to give a shout to Galileo Drum Corps for their entertaining show, "Star Wars Vs. Star Trek". I could not have picked a more originally comical show myself!
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
TeamQuavers
Thank you for that comment about my corps. Personally, I think the funnest part of this game is coming up with shows to perform (even though this is fantasy).
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D