Login Create Account
FMADC News Review! European Open
Olmstead90
Howdy folks! Tonight I am here in Warrington, England for the 3rd Annual European Open contest! Another popular event on the FMA calender, people have come from all corners of the globe tonight to see the corps perform. It's been a great night, and here's what I had to say--

In Div. I, we have Nemesis heading the group. They scored an 81.150 tonight, with their show "The Island". This is a pretty straight forward theme, and they used all the imagery to their advantage. All parts of an Island vacation as cleary defined. Well done!

In 2nd place were the Marching Bureaucrats, a corps of government workers who typically present government themed shows-- with a bit of education! Tonight their show Fiscal Year, earned them a 70.870!

In Div. II, heading up the pack in their European "home-turf" are my own Druids Drum & Bugle Corps! They set a new group goal tonight by breaking 70, scoring a 70.295 and taking home another gold for the Isles. They have a 2nd place overall ranking in Div II, and a shot at the Music Ensemble. Caption.

Not too far behind, in 3rd with a 63.745 were the Knights, with their show La Danza. Their show had a dark, almost eery quality-- a classic show that would surely get anyone able to dance onto their feet.

Finishing Div II tonight are the Stargazers, who earned themselves a 49.390. Their show concept, (IN)sight, was about the scenic views in Indiana, the corps home-state. Lux Arumque was a great selection, and the original, corn-based closer had me in tears laughing (that's a good thing)!

Well, that heads up my comments tonight, folks!
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director