Login Create Account
FMADC News Review -- Finals 10/30/2010
Olmstead90
Howdy folks! Tonight I am reporting on another great FMA Season! We'll be taking a look at a few Div. II corps, and I will be announcing the end of the Druid's Season 3 show! I extend a congratulations to all groups who have performed this weekend! Let's see how everyone did;

In first, with a score of 79.590, CorpsIBEX, performing their show "The Offer". This show is a borderline classic-- but was performed without getting too close to corny. The judges were very rewarding of their hard work!

In third, with a score of 74.790, Willow Arts, performing their show "Tree of Tranquility". I've reported on this one before, but I just wanted to say congrats-- this corps finished 9th in their inaugural Season, and to see how hard they've worked and how far they've come is a true testament to this activity!

In seventh, with a score of 69.570, Renegade Regiment, performing their show "Duality". Mirrors, day and night, and different sections of "duality" are explored in this extremely original show. What a great concept! Congrats, guys.

In 10th, with a score of 67.815, Lemon Bay Jazz, performing Ghost Train by Eric Whitacre. Great piece, well performed, and congratulations on coming back into Finals this Season!

The Druids tonight created their own splash, earning the silver medal in their first time back into Div. II. The corps added the tag finish onto their show, drawing awes from the crowd as the humans triumphed over the machines-- guard members with blue flags making wave's outward on the last hit, an EMG, and we watch the machines fall over one by one in the silence... a look of pure, desperate joy on the human faces.

Again, congratulations to all groups who have performed this weekend, and I hope to see everyone again in Season 4!
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
btnjames
Thanks for the shout out!