Login Create Account
Private shows
cire
This would be more for combines, but maybe have the option for those in combines setting up shows to enter usernames of users who are allowed to apply. Private shows will only show up for those eligible (or be shown the application page)
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Olmstead90
And when all or most shows become private because everyone's in a combine, I will probably stop playing.

This is why I started my own group-- we hold shows but don't limit it to "oh, you're not in my combine? Than you can't get into my show".

I either pick randomly or strategically to make the most money out of it.

Not sayin' this is a huge problem yet-- I still make enough shows a Season, I just see it might become one.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
cire
I'm not in a combine, personally I think they are dumb.. lol the reason I suggested it is because right now there may be several shows available, but they are for combine shows, or private groups or whatever.. which you wouldn't be getting into regardless.. but you don't know that necessarily, so you apply hoping and waiting to get in, and during that time the other show that you actually had a chance to get into becomes full.. so now you not only wasted your time, but you are out of a show.

"And when all or most shows become private because everyone's in a combine, I will probably stop playing. "
If everyone was in a combine and there were only combine shows (theoretically), you wouldn't be getting into them regardless so it wouldn't be any different.. except if you couldn't see those shows.. you would know up front.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
bando
Truthfully, all combine show are supposed to have a marking in the name. However, this rule is ignored by many. Sorry about that.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles