Login Create Account
FMA EAST COAST COMBINE Season 4 Discussion
gcurrier
Let the Season 4 Games Begin!

SCHEDULE:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B-AV-NvNmv8lZTA5ODczNDctZTdhYi00NjcwLWJiMGUtMzk2ZmUyNDBkN2Vl&hl=en^From+page+6&pli=1

Updated Season 4 ECC member list:

Northern Region:

Nemesis
White Cross Regiment
The Royal Guardsman
Modern Antic
General Mclane Lancers*
Eagle Regiment
Dr. D's Drum Corp
Maple Syrup Regiment
McMavericks
(Legion)
(Dunkirk Patriots)
(The Bon Bons)
----------

Central Region:

(Marching Bureaucrats)
(District Inferno)
(Riptide)*
(Band Geeks)
(Sound of the Valley)
(Menno Knights)
----------

Southern Region:

Southwind II
Tullahoma Azure Force
Bluegrass Regiment
Red Regiment
Inferno
Blue Water
The Knights
(Syndicate Drum and Bugle Corps)
(Open All Knights)
(Clan Wallace)**
(Carolina Star)
----------

Those in (Parentheses) did not send competition information.
* Are not participating this season but will return in a future season
** Left for Season 4 and its unknown that they will return

GCC member list for if you are hosting them:

Golden Shields
Crescent City Rebels
Stardusters
Houston Privateers
Nightwatch
Eclipse
Phanfare Regiment
Shades of New Orleans
Bleu Raeders
Lambs of Destruction
Santa Rosa Sound
The Wolves
Florida Vanguard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECC Website:

http://easternc.webs.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I join the ECC?

Season 4 registration is over, however, to apply for season 5, just send a message to the current president, Gcurrier and that's all you need to do until about week 3. After week 3, try to check your messages and this forum topic for updates as much as possible.

Rules and Regulations for the Combine can be found on the website.

- ECC Season 4 Board of Directors -

President: Gcurrier

Vice President: VincentPezza

Northern Region Director: ???

Central Region Director: stupidlikeafox

Southern Region Director: animal
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
I will place my last post here as well...we currently have an opening for Northern Region Director as our previous director resigned. Please contact me if interested.

gcurrier
Looks like we are missing A LOT of shows! Please get your shows up ASAP. Also If you are applying to be in my show Green Mountain Invitational, please get your application in ASAP! One important piece to understand here is many of us who are doing larger shows need to hold spots that ECC Members never even apply for, so in the meantime we lose corps with a lot of influence because their schedules are now full! This looses the corps shows money which hurts the entire ECC and its strengths! I know everyone is busy, but building a show or applying for one takes just a few minutes! Lets work together to help each other out, thats the point of having the combine! Thanks everyone!

gcurrier
along with my reminder e-mail---please refer to our official rules:

~~Section 9: Scheduling competitions~~
The official combine schedule will be announced during the championship week of the season before the schedule will take effect. In order to allow time for each member of the combine to find alternative shows if they are needed, ALL COMBINE SHOWS MUST BE SCHEDULED BY THE END OF THE FIRST DAY (SUNDAY) OF THE PRESEASON WEEK. Failure to schedule your show by midnight of the first day may result in a penalty on your group during that season. Extenuating circumstances may be considered by the board of directors.
THE DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP FOR COMBINE COMPETITIONS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE PRESEASON WEEK (SATURDAY). After this date, your spot will be given to a non-combine member.

animal
This is exactly why I nominated you. :P
aNiMaL
CLASS VP of Administration
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
HCHS Marching Tigers- 8th Div. III
HCHS Winter Guard- 6th Div. III
gcurrier
Thanks lol I admit I can be intense but its for the good of all to make us stronger

bando
I was almost afraid to slam down any force for something so young, but I think the main people who have been causing the problems have become less active on the site. I wish you all luck for Season 4. :)
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
You too bando!!!

jrhnemo
I have received zero contact telling me what date I'm supposed to post my show. Any help here?

This place used to be a haven of communication, and things ran smoothly. I haven't received an ECC related private message in weeks, and I'm about ready to regretfully leave the ECC.
bando
I sent out like millions of messages during week two/three asking for competition information, and then I posted the schedule in the topic. The topic is just as important to read as your messages.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B-AV-NvNmv8lZTA5ODczNDctZTdhYi00NjcwLWJiMGUtMzk2ZmUyNDBkN2Vl&hl=en

That was posted on October 25 in the other topic. I'm sorry I didn't send a message out saying that it was posted, I just didn't have the time. Like I said, the topic is just as important to read as your messages.

I just checked for you,
Drums Along the Chenango [ECC] - Tier 2 is on November 30th
Founder of the IIEA

jrhnemo
I'm supposed to sort through upwards of 10 pages worth of material to find that link? That's the problem. There needs to be clear and concise updates on the first page of our thread, listing all the important news that members need to be aware of, such as when we need to post our competitions. Pardon me for attempting to seek help.

As for the "millions of messages," I did not receive any. Perhaps there was a malfunction? Again, these are things that desperately need to be sorted out, for the good of the ECC.

I hope this can be kept civil, and that my message is not considered slanderous, because that is not at all what I mean it to be. Thanks for your help, bando, and I really hope that next season a lack of communication will be nonexistent! =)
bando
It felt like millions because I sent 5 messages to 30 people. You should see my outbox, it looks like a robot went message happy. Sorry. I was just getting annoyed because I sent messages to so many people and I didn't receive many responses then. I didn't mean for that message to be as angry as it was, but I posted that link on page 6 and page 8.

Also, on page 8:

"jrhnemo

October 31st, 2010 8:42am
I'm sure I must be missing something...but I haven't seen anything about scheduling for Season 4. I haven't received a date that I'm supposed to schedule my show or anything of that sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-------

bando

Edit October 31st, 2010 5:11pm
HERE IS THE SCHEDULE FOR SEASON 4 SO FAR:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B-AV-NvNmv8lZTA5ODczNDctZTdhYi00NjcwLWJiMGUtMzk2ZmUyNDBkN2Vl&hl=en

^From page 6..

Also, the only people on that calendar are the people who sent me competition name and tier. "

I posted the link right after your comment in the thread. It must have made it to page 9 before you got a chance to see it. Sorry. Its a new season, and I think the new way of scheduling threw a whole load of people off guard. Just don't leave because of my miscommunication. Hopefully a few more seasons will get us back to running smoothly with all of these new major changes.

Also, gcurrier, if you could post the calendar link in you opening post, it should be very helpful.
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
I think that we can certainly update the front page (I can edit my first posts). I don't think when planning the tour however that there needs to be endless personal e-mails. I understand its a pain to go through all postings, but its no less of a pain for Bando or any President to need to keep track of who they have e-mailed, who replied and so forth, so I think a compromise can be met. The ECC being successful IS NOT all put on the board or any president, but the entire ECC playing their part.

Today is the deadline for this season, but going forward I will try to make sure I update both the front page and in the regular forum spots to make sure the information is out there. My hope is that the forum provides a space where members WANT to go even if just on a weekly basis to catch up with their fellow ECC directors!

I am sorry you wish to part, I sent you a personal message as well. I hope that if you change your mind now or in the future you will come back on board! Communication is always key and we will do what we can to improve that two way street.

jrhnemo
Thanks for understanding guys! My decision to leave wasn't really based upon this minor incident, but on some outside personal reasons.

Good luck in future endeavors! =)
animal
Yeah, what ^ he said. ;)
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
bando
Hahahaha
Founder of the IIEA

animal
Makes sense to me.
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
gcurrier
be sure to check out the ECC News that I just posted under the announcements. I am going to try to keep reviews going all season for ECC and even GCC shows. I will try to highlight ECC accomplishments, have director and fan interviews, as well as posting OUR current rankings! I hope this is just one more thing that will add to the prestige of being a ECC member! If you have comments, suggestions or would like to contribute via special reports or interviews, please let me know!

bando
The check was supposed to happen the past two seasons, but it has just been very difficult. Good job with the article!

*Shameless plug approaching*

Don't forget to check out the IIEA! *disappears into the darkness*
Founder of the IIEA

bkelly1281
I can't seem to locate the article for some reason