Login Create Account
ECC NEWS vol 1 Season 4
gcurrier
ECC News!

We are pleased to announce for Season 4 ECC News! The ECC is in the middle of transition, but we are looking for a future bigger and brighter than EVER! With that we are proud to present to you the ECC News! ECC news will include interviews, articles about ECC Corps and reviews of ECC events! We of course at times will recognize our brothers over at GCC!

First we kick off with reviews of two great GCC shows Reflections hosted by Crescent City Rebels and Starlight Express 4 by The Golden Shields!

Reflections saw defending ECC and World Champ Nemesis coming back strong taking the show and the top spot in the rankings. They did so by eating up the ensemble and GE categories, but they were far from a sweep with their 2.7 spread. GCC Stardusters took brass, Epic took percussion, blue caterpillars took visual performance and Epic took guard. Besides Nemesis, Stardusters were highest GCC/ECC corps taking 4th. In Division II Menno Knights, another ECC corps, took 1st (taking brass, percussion, visual performance and music GE) while Legion took 2nd (with music ensemble, guard, visual ensemble and visual GE). The top two corps were only separated by .5 and look to be a strong competition this season. Division III had one corps, Spirit of Sylacauga.

Starlight Express 4 had corps rocking and rolling to take home some trophies! In Division I it was Sound of the Valley taking 1st with a dominant GE program (also taking percussion and music ensemble). Kahki Krusaders fought blood sweat and fields to take second in their first season in Division I after placing 6th in last years Div II. Crescent City Rebels (leaving soon after the show to make it to their home show for exhibition) took 3rd. IN division II Mooron Dogs took first and Piedmont Crusade second, with Falcon Regiment barely back in third!

The Bleu Raeders Show was up on Monday had Nemesis taking it all again, this time by 4.6! This time it was a match up between the winners of the two previous shows and Nemesis took every category BUT visual performance which was taken by Sound of the Valley who placed fourth overall. The real competition tonight seemed to be for that second place trophy! Only a little over .3 separated fourth from second! Taking second however was Nightriders with Silver Sound ever so close behind! Division II had Open All Knights another ECC member taking first by .8 (also taking percussion, visual performance and visual ensemble). Golden Knights did not go down easy summing up both GE captions and White Cross Regiment took 3rd with brass and music ensemble.

Finally tonight Stardusters hosted their home show and what a night it was! Just over .3 was the difference between 1st and 2nd as Quicksilver edged out blue caterpillars. Quicksilver also took home percussion, visual performance, guard and visual ensemble while blue caterpillars took both GE captions while now being the second highest ranked corps in Division I. Uncle Buck Cadets took music ensemble (4th overall) while Stardusters took high brass (6th). Taking home third was the Cul-desac Cadets. Even though Division II only had three corps, it was no less exciting as Open All Knights barely edged out Menno Knights! The two corps split the caption awards with Open taking brass, guard, visual ensemble and visual GE and Menno Knights taking percussion, music ensemble and music GE. Phanfare Regiment while not winning a caption had a respectable third.

In the current standings for ECC:

Division I

1 Nemesis 60.935 (overall 1)
2 Sound of the Valley 56.005 (14)
3 Modern Antic 52.91 (33)

Division II

1 Open All Knights 55.96 (3 overall)
2 Menno Knights 55.535 (4)
3 Tullahoma Azure Force 54.73 (11)
4 Legion 54.45 (12)
5 Blue Water 52.225 (24)
6 Southwind II 51.345 (28)
7 Red Regiment 51.185 (31)
8 The Royal Guardsmen 51.015 (34)
9 Inferno 50.245 (39)
10 Dunkirk Patriots 49.56 (40)

Division III

1 Dr. D's Drum Corp 50.75 (5 overall)

Division I Nemesis has a sound lead in ECC, the question is, can they stay on top of the overall leader board? So far so good for a repeat championships but we are far too early to speculate on that! Sound of the Valley sure looks to be a top 12 contender after a 35th place finish last year. Modern Antic is a little further back in the pack but no doubt this corps can pick up the pace and make semis again! Division II is where our most solid competition currently exists! FOUR top twelve corps currently looking to make finals with Open All Knights and Menno Knights potentially vying for a top spot! Look to these two to tango all season! Both Tullahoma Azure Force and Legion clearly are not far behind!

I hope you enjoyed this first edition of ECC News! Remember ECC is where its at!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
VincentPezza
Great job! Modern Antic isn't doing too well right now. But we're trying our best.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
bando
Eagle Regiment won't be competing until Saturday for sure, so we'll see how we stand then!
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
animal
Whoa, wait a second.... :P

Inferno is chillin' in lowly 39th in Div. II, with a 50.245. Let's call it a transition season. ;D I'm not listed, though.
aNiMaL
CLASS VP of Administration
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
HCHS Marching Tigers- 8th Div. III
HCHS Winter Guard- 6th Div. III
gcurrier
DOH! fixed!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ