Login Create Account
Irish Athletic Arts Season 4 and 5
Olmstead90
Howdy folks! This press release is a little late, but still here! The following are the recaps of the Season for the Irish Athletic Arts groups in Season 4, and below that are Season 5 plans/show announcements!

First off, I'd like to say just how proud I am of my Druids Drum & Bugle Corps. Even after a flu epidemic and harsh attacks to our morale, the corps pulled a 9th place finish and surpassed out rivals, the Khaki Krusaders, even if jus' barely. I felt that our first Season in the big leagues was a huge success, and I thank the boys for all the hard work they've put in. Plus adding the closing tag onto the Finals night show! How the guard, bringing out their large wooden frame-section props, encased the corps in a giant pictureframe that spanned the entire field! Simply great! And the colored horns really added to the effect.

And man, I can't forget how proud I am of my little experiment, the Shamrock Marching Band! Taking the gold twice in their two Seasons in existance is, simply, fufilling the IAA's motto, "Excellence, Always". I am sure they'll be in the running for Finals if we make that leap to Div. I this Season.

Another great achivement was made by the Sailor Indoor Percussion, who moved up a division and two placements, taking the silver medal two nights ago at FMADL Finals!

As for Season 5, the Druids are celebrating their 7th Anniversary! Check out the show their hosting on January 8th (happens to be my own birthday!) and be sure to read the Birthday Press Release/Show Review that comes of that. The show I've picked is entitled "Organ", which is goin' to be a nut-shell version of Camille Saint-Saens' Symphony No. 3. I decided to do a classic work for our 7th Birthday.

The Shamrock Marching Band will be performing a classic show as well, "Carmen", which we all know and love. In the closer we bring a live chorus onto the field... just wait, it's goin' to be a blast!

See you all when Season 5 begins next week!
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director