gcurrier
its finally caught up lol
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ismensink
you can see from the results from this first day of competition that fundraising does matter quite a bit. Lets take for example color guard scores. I am currently ahead of you, cire and gcurrier. Same with your drumline, cire, and im not far behind gcurriers. Now keep in mind, ive also been constantly fundraising during the preseason
hi
mceuph
This reminds me of the old FMA where people would hoard their money to buy all of the good staff before the season would start. The only difference here is that staff carries over from season to season.

Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
cire
Good luck ismensink
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Blaski45
I can't wait to reach level 100! It's gunna be the best!
Colts 2011 - Baritone :: Minnesota Brass 2013 - Bass 4
TrumpetVinny
I relied on a heavy fundraising strategy but it's being relaxed for the purposes of hitting level 30.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Drummantx
The only thing I have a problem with for fund raising, (tried this with season 3), it helped a bunch early on because I saved all of season 2 and I had so much money to spend for season 3, but the problem I ran into was the fact that it takes so long to save up money, that I didn't gain that much point wise during the season, and did horribly.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
TrumpetVinny
It's a slow build. My improvement over the seasons is evident of constant fundraising. I'm only now becoming more active in spending energy.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
bando
Its a tough balance between both fundraising and using energy to rehearse. If you never rank up your staff, there is only so much you can do to try and make up for it in rehearsal, but if you only rank up your staff, there is only so many upgrades you can do in a season before you're passed up by the people who are rehearsing regularly.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
moderation...answer to life
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ismensink
yes bando, its a tough balance if you want to do mediocre every season. If you fundraise constantly, you will eventually reach the point where you cant fundraise anymore, and at that point you can rehearse regularly, and be at the top for the duration of the game.
hi
bando
Where's the fun in that?
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
ismensink..

All four of our groups competed today so today is the first real test of your strategy.. let's see how you stacked up.

My drum corps is #1.. yours is #4
My marching band is #1 .. yours is #5
My guard is #4.. yours is #2
My drumline is #2.. yours is #3j
You can argue all you want, but based on past experience, my groups will most likely pull ahead of yours in the end. The only one you might have an advantage on is guard, but considering your guard is barely 1 point ahead right now, that might not last.

Trust me and gcurrier when we say that your fundraising strategy will not work in the long run. It will give you a temporary boost, and might maybe even win you a top 3 in a season.. but you can't rely on it because even those staff points do carry over, it will not be enough.

Don't believe me? Just wait and see how the season fares out.

Not trying to gloat or say you are wrong.... I'm just looking at stats.. and numbers don't lie, give excuses, or BS.

Good luck :)
ismensink
ok, yeah, once again, im still fundrasing constantly at the maximum rate. Just think how many points I would be ahead of you if I didnt fundraise at all this season and reahearsed constantly. It's not my goal to beat you this season or maybe not next season, its my goal to beat you in the seasons that follow. good luck
hi
cire
Then good luck in the seasons that follow.
Blaski45
ME TOO!!!
Colts 2011 - Baritone :: Minnesota Brass 2013 - Bass 4
Prof
SOME people are very busy being REAL directors which doesn't allow us as much time to play this game..................childish as I may be, wanna compare "school pay checks" ?

( YES, I KNOW I'm an ###HOLE )
:-)
cire
Sure.. your director paycheck vs my stay at home and play fma while programming paycheck :)