Login Create Account
CLASS Season 6 Discussion
megann
Hi, I'm a noob. What's CLASS? :)
Director of the Panda Falls High School Falling Panda Band and the Falling Panda Drumline. Co-owner of the Cuddle Bunny Drum and Bugle Corps. Minions are alter-egos known as Paul Allen and Joe Hopkin
bando
Well, its a drum corps COMBINE. A COMBINE is an association of groups who agree to host competitions for eachother in return for competition spots. It also can be called a SUB-CIRCUIT of the regular FMA circuit.

Basically, you host a show with CLASS in the name, you accept CLASS members before anyone else, and then you enter CLASS shows yourself.

Other combines on FMA is the GCC, IIEA, Great Lakes Combine, and also, the APA is similar, but different in how its set up.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
megann
Cool! And thanks :)
Director of the Panda Falls High School Falling Panda Band and the Falling Panda Drumline. Co-owner of the Cuddle Bunny Drum and Bugle Corps. Minions are alter-egos known as Paul Allen and Joe Hopkin
gcurrier
your show is on the 19th...i applied LOL finals is 26
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
ok I only have one spot left and I am not sure who is left from CLASS. email me if you havent been accepted or if you apply now so I can finish in the next few days...

other members are asking if we can send an e-mail to the host of a CLASS show when you apply. I am wondering if this might be the best idea going forward so that its easier to host? Ideas?

gcurrier
Purephury is also offering to be secretary if your too busy cire. I know youve been swamped.

bando
Hm, an e-mail? That could work well. People seem to not check their messages often.
Founder of the IIEA

animal
If we're still at 16, the only CLASS corps who hasn't applied for my show is The Royal Guardsmen.
aNiMaL
CLASS VP of Administration
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
HCHS Marching Tigers- 8th Div. III
HCHS Winter Guard- 6th Div. III
BlueDevils
Same here.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
cire
If he wants to do the website, go ahead.. unless it's a paid gig it probably won't be a priority for me since I'm really swamped right now.. but if he needs any help with anything I would be glad to answer questions and help out how I can.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
animal
@cire Did you take a look at it? I built it using their site wizard, so it's nothing fancy. In fact, because it's basically a framework of a site for the ECC, it may be a decent idea to start from scratch.
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
cire
I looked at it.. I knew it was built with the site wizard, so don't worry lol and it does exactly what it needs to do, so it's fine

I have access to a ton of nice templates that can be used for the site. I could probably just transfer it all over and make it look half decent.. shouldn't be too hard. I'm up for helping out, just not sure if I can devote TOO much to it right this minute
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
bando
Anyone have some predictions for this season on how you'll do? I'm hoping to do a little better this season than last season. I was fine until the end when I had no time to get on finals week.
Founder of the IIEA

VincentPezza
I want to be able to make Semis because last season.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
bando
I'm gonna be sad if I don't make finals again. I mean, I was on top of being on here last season. Obviously, not enough though.
Founder of the IIEA

animal
I'll be thrilled with Semis in what should be my first crack at Division I.
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
bando
Good luck. You have be one quite a bit to compete in the top ranks of division 1. I found that out the hard way the past few seasons. But we are looking to stay in the top 12 since we made it there. I mean, the last time we had made finals was the first season when we were division II.

[699th post... I post way too much sometimes. haha]
Founder of the IIEA

hornguard
I have 8 CLASS corps who have not yet applied for my show.
VincentPezza
I only have 6 CLASS members signed up for my show. How long should I wait until I give the remaining spots to others?

EDIT: Oh. . . They're all in Quiksilver's event. :[
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
bando
=(
Founder of the IIEA