Login Create Account
CLASS Review Week 1
gcurrier
It was an exciting first week for CLASS in FMA! We started off with a preview show where 11 of the CLASS corps came to show off what they had in store for us this season!

What a show it was. Kentucky Legends started it off in Division III. The corps certainly didn't let the fact that they were the only division III corps hold them back from bursting the crowd with their show “Thunderstorm”. The show actually came close to besting Division II counterparts! The corps only had two shows this week and even though they haven't performed since the second, they are in 14th overall in Division III. Sure looks like this group will be a strong finalist this season!

In Division II had two season 5 finalists and an old finalist all going head to head. Inferno must have felt a little bit of an upset as the bronze medalist got beat by last seasons 12th place corps Great Lakers. Southwind II picked up third but was able to tie Inferno for high guard. Inferno with their show Othello seemed very strong in the performance categories taking everything but music ensemble, but Great Lakers with their “What Dreams May Come” (one of my favorite movies by the way) show sure seemed to be a dream for judges in the GE categories where they made up ground and took the show by almost .6

The big boys were up next where we had an outstanding show for all and a virtual whose who of the Division I FMAs! The Royal Guardsmen warmed us up with “Baby its Cold Outside”. The corps seems very balanced, though seemed to have some challenges on the visual side on Sunday. Modern Antic is always a crowd favorite and this years touching show about coming to age is sure to please Antic fans. Those looking for a little patriotic flare need not look any further than Blue Demons and their America show with some crowd favorites that will have you looking for the fireworks! The Demons show is very balanced this year but BOY was their marching right on! This show certainly is going to leave goosebumps across stadiums this season! We then moved into top 12 status corps! Eagle Regiment’s show may be finding its way with “Somewhere” but the corps certainly had a very strong performance and didn't seem lost at all! The judges rightfully rewarded them in the GE category where they excelled, but look for performance scores to keep climbing with them this season! Just edging ahead of them is no stranger to them, Corps IBEX whose hip hop show had audience members dancing in the isles. The percussion section was certainly rocking as it took the high score of the night and still stays on top of the overall leader board in Division I. Taking the silver medal was last seasons 7th place corps, Cornhuskers. The Cornhuskers are not yet officially a CLASS corps but intend to join in season 7! They were ready to behead the competition with their show Vengeance, featuring the music of Sweeney Todd. They did just that in brass, music ensemble and visual ensemble. However one corps they could not take down was perennial FMA powerhouse, EPIC! Bringing a new show to the field this year with Circadian Rhythms. The corps who has been second or third every season since season 3 certainly doesnt seem to be slowing down now! The corps also won visual performance, guard and both GE captions.

The other CLASS corps all had a chance to perform at other shows throughout the week and we will catch up with them as the CLASS season actually gets into full swing this week.

Here are the standings for CLASS:

Division I
Nemesis 67.75 (1)
Blue Deviled Eggs 65.08 (3)
Quiksilver 64.67 (7)
Darkness 64.45 (9)
Epic 63.96 (11)
Corps IBEX 63.09 (13)
Eagle Regiment 61.13 (16)
Modern Antic 57.65 (24)
Blue Demons 57.23 (25)

Division II
Nastalgia Cadets 56.81 (12th)
Inferno 56.57 (15th)
Great Lakers 55.75 (17th)
Graffiti 55.0 (23rd)
Southwind II 50.09 (41st)

Division III
Kentucky Legends 50.12 (14th)

In this weeks shows:
on Tuesday FMA Texas hosted by Blue Demons will feature all the CLASS corps and a few guests!

Saturday’s big show of the week will take us to Burlington VT as two time world champion and last years silver medalist Nemesis will host the CLASS corps as well as several guests. A special encore event has been planned as the corps celebrates its milestone of becoming the most winning-est corps in FMA with highlights of the last three seasons shows. The show will also feature video highlights of sister corps The Knights as they go for a third DCPI Title in Japan on the same night!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
VincentPezza
Woo! I'm a fail Division 1 Corps!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
gcurrier
That might be a bit harsh LOL

VincentPezza
I can never keep up with all of you!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
gcurrier
we are psycho--what can I say? LOL

animal
Yeah I'm a bit peeved at the drop in placement (especially after thinking I was headed to D1), but I still like our chances for taking D2 in CLASS, and snagging at least a Finals spot.
aNiMaL
CLASS VP of Administration
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
HCHS Marching Tigers- 8th Div. III
HCHS Winter Guard- 6th Div. III
VincentPezza
Curse me for being on enough to be in D1 but not enough to be on D2. Or I use my points poorly.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
BlueDevils
Woo hoo!! =D I'm not 25th anymore!! =)
DC: Blue Demons Corps
VincentPezza
Awww! Now I'm weaker!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
gcurrier
I saw that! Go Blue Demons!!

mdmackowiak
Get it EPIC!!! Expect Epic to jump a bunch today. We have not had a show since Thursday and have been practicing hard core. I see us around the 69 and maybe breaking the 70 mark. We shall see.

And that;s what I am talking about CLASS. Kicking butt and taking names! Prelims and Finals for sure will be exciting in a few weeks!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
cire
I hate not being in the top 3. LOL
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
mdmackowiak
You never know about the top 3 this season. Things have already been all over the place. Should be an interesting season. I say the top tier of Div. I can be anyone really... We shall see.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1