Login Create Account
The number of active ensembles seems to be dwindling.
ChrisRohn
Has anyone else noticed this? It is a similar pattern to V1.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
BlueDevils
Yeah. But I guess on the bright side it's better to have fewer but more dedicated ensembles. =P
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Bullseye452
We need to do some updated advertising on marching band forums. That is how we got people to join Fantasymarching when it first started, way before FMA.
MUMK - Div. II Marching Band
Nebula - Div. II Winter Guard
Super Adventure Club - Div. II Drumline
Gold Armada - Div. II Drum Corps
bando
I think its mostly because it gets really busy around this time of year. I know I've found myself able to get on a lot less around now.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
Plus those marching this year are probably busy actually marching and not playing a game about it
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
4181jay
I'm finished! I really enjoyed the first version and it didn't take up too much time.
I understand the reasons behind changing and all that but just cannot be bothered to log on 6 times a day to press my mouse button 20 times each time to almost be competative.
There seems to be less strategy involved in this version. the people who win do so by logging in every 3 hours or so.

I've really enjoyed my time on FMA and my record in both versions isn't too bad but it is time to finish now as I am not prepared to log on as much as this version requires.

If a new version which only needs one visit a day starts please let me know, maybe on DCP through a PM. Same name as here.

Good luck and goodbye!!!
ChrisRohn
I'm all for re-activating the old version, I enjoyed it. Call it something else if you want, give it a new color scheme or something. Die-hard fantasy players will play it, it's just a different way to play.

The only reason I'm not kicking everyone's behind here right now is because I don't have the time to come every day, multiple times a day, for six weeks. This is also why I'm maxing the fund raising, so even if I can't play a few days I know I'm still close to finals contention.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
Bullseye452
Are you talking the older version where you put in your points (or focus) once a week? That version was AWESOME for those of us who didn't have the time to get on here 6 times a day to put in points.
MUMK - Div. II Marching Band
Nebula - Div. II Winter Guard
Super Adventure Club - Div. II Drumline
Gold Armada - Div. II Drum Corps
TeamQuavers
^ Was that Fantasy Marching Band? I remember I joined in season 7 as the West Covina 18th Calvary. I think it changed in season 8 to daily events rather than just weekly ones. That one was actually my favorite version.

The current version is also good for those who can't make it to the computer every four hours because there's separate competitive divisions where it's okay if you can't get on that often (divisions 2 and 3).
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
mceuph
I remember the focus version. I also remember the version where the order of your rehearsal actions mattered and you had to get your whole show learned too.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
RedRegiment
Yeah i have some notes on this topic here http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/970
President and Founder of the APA competitions.
davidmsmith87
I was part of the very first season of Fantasy Marching Band. that was a long long time ago.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
Olmstead90
I am perfectly happy with the way FMA works, to be honest. I come in and out as I need by my schedule-- usually first semester I'll be on, take the winter off and join mid-to-late summer after band camps and DCI wind down.

I really don't think it's such a hassle. All you have to do is log on and click a few buttons every few hours. Sometimes if I wake up at night, I'll give it a quick check.

I don't see any problems with those less dedicated or with those who don't like the game leaving-- they can always come back at any time.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
bandoafl
I mean, at this point, if you spend those off seasons doing fundraising, you could easily come back and do well. Of course, you need to get your staff to a certain point first for it to work like that.
Olmstead90
I am currently on top of Div. II... I think I am doing fine : P

In all seriousness, that seems kind of immoral to play just to fund raise and then one Season be instantly awesome. Either way, I don't think it would work like that, anywhoo.
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director