Login Create Account
Competition Fees
BaritoneB1
Most directors will probably not like this idea, but in real life you have to pay to join competitions. And due to recent players maxing out their staff positions, maybe a small fee taken from the group's funds for every competition it join. $100?

(This probably will not get a positive response, but it is necessary to avoid cash overflows and scores at a perfect 100 in future seasons. That will be cool, but then the game would get boring.)
JoshSax94
I like this idea... though I don't understand the score issue.
RedRegiment
It is really easy to make money on this game
President and Founder of the APA competitions.
BaritoneB1
Which is why they should have to spend some more...
mceuph
I don't like this idea. It's hard enough for new players to get into shows. New players need that starting 10,000 for beginner staff.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
IIEA
Maybe a curve? Season 1 there isn't a fee and then as you go in seasons the fee gets to its max? Really, there is no good way to start it, even though its a nice idea.
http://iiea.bravesites.com/
The IIEA Website! Join the forums today!
mdmackowiak
I'm against it. I know it will make the game more realistic, but it will turn new players away. We need to attract and retain players since so many are leaving.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
cire
If you really wanted to be realistic, then yeah, you might have to pay a fee to participate. .but then you will also get money for participate, especially winning. What about costs for traveling to that show? What about uniform and horn maintenance, paying for staff each season, marketing, buying new equipment, what if you get sponsors.. etc

Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"