Login Create Account
SkyTeam
Perihelion
Hi guys the events are up, do sign up for them! A recap for last season will be coming soon so stay tuned :)
Original Co-Founder of SkyTeam

SkyRyders STADC - S67-68 Div II Silver
RainGlyders STAMB - S67 Div II Champ, S68 Div II Silver
Cloudsurfers DRUMS - S68 Div II Bronze
Mist-erious LEGS - S68 Div II
Perihelion
SkyTeam Season 67 Recaps

It's been a great season for SkyTeam. We are proud to announce that we have a total of 21 finalists across the 2 leagues, of which 4 are podium finishers and one of them even took a title!

STADC:

The SIA Scouts placed in the top 12 in their first ever venture in Division 1!

In Division 2, Overall champions of STADC Sky Ryders fell short of the championship holder Scarlet Regiment but still earned a well deserved 2nd place and topping both General Effect captions. A new addition to STADC, Pioneer Regiment jumped a spot in Semis to finish 8th on Finals night.

Royal Knights have climbed steadily throughout the season and even had some great wins later in the season. They earned the Bronze medal on Division 3 Finals night. Now in their 2nd season, The Willamette's started off on the right foot early in the season with high finishes and some wins in shows. It is unfortunate that they've slipped a few places and had to settle for 5th in Finals, great effort though! The Portland Rangers (in their 2nd season) also made finals and finished in 6th, improving on their 8th place finish the season before. Fandom Regiment started the season well with some early season wins and podium finishes but ended up in 10th on Finals night. Glue kites (11th) also made it to Division 3 Finals. What was special about them, however, was that this was their debut season! Good job from these three corps, here's to hoping they build on this success this coming season!

STAMB:

Overall champions of STAMB, The SIA Knights had a great season, with them leading the table from the second week till just before Division 1 finals. Even though they slipped and finished behind the Marching Knights during Finals week, they can be proud of winning the Winds, Percussion, Visual Performance and Guard captions. William Mason have not done too shabby themselves, earning podium finishes the majority of the season. They finish in 5th place on Finals night. The SIA Esquires are seeded 9th in their first season in top flight.

In Division 2, Rain Glyders had an awesome season, having been unbeaten in all competitions. They finish the season 13 points away from the nearest competitor, talk about domination! Also a new addition to STAMB, Pioneer Regiment jumped two spots in Semis to finish 5th on Finals night. After doing great the season before, the S66 Division 3 Champions Cardinal Marching Band come into Division 2 looking for their next podium finish. Throughout the season they've made podium finishes in almost all the shows they competed in. However, they lost momentum during Finals week, dropping from 5th in Prelims to 7th in Finals. Despite the disappointing finish, the Cardinal Marching Band are looking to make sure that they come back stronger this season! Platte County Marching Morriones also started the season well with some early season wins but finished in 8th, despite climbing from 6th in Prelims. Spartan Marching Band climbed a spot in Semis to finish in 9th on Finals night, with Blue Regiment not too far behind them in 12th. North Wind Regiment (13th) and The Red Lightning (14th) were unfortunate to not make Finals night but still had good seasons themselves.

Like their sister corps, Royal Knights Marching Band have been climbing steadily throughout the season and even had some great wins later in the season. They finished in 5th place on Division 3 Finals night. Logan were in their debut season and were seeded 14th in their first competing show, but they worked hard and persevered. This persistence led them to earn a spot in Finals, finishing in 9th place! Evanston band were also in their debut season and started off well with a string of top three finishes in their shows. Unfortunately they come into Prelims in 12th but made the jump to 10th in Semis and Finals. Awesome effort from these two bands, looking forward to see what they will do this season!

What a season for SkyTeam, we hope that everyone builds on their current success and reach for greater heights to help SkyTeam become a powerhouse in FMA!

On another note, we are looking for prospective members who are interested in joining our league!

Now in our 4th season, we are looking out for new members who interested to join us in our quest to be the best.
Do pm me for an invite to me should you be interested in joining us!

P.S., if anyone was removed by accident or left by choice and would like to be invited back into the league just hit me up with a pm

Links:
Drum Corps - http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/273
Marching Band - http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/league/274

Perihelion
I have added everyone's events to the league schedules, if I missed anyone let me know!

sia98aidil98
Nice write-up man! I'm sad to announce that my feeder groups, SIA Scouts and SIA Esquires, were demoted to Division 2 after the latest round of division allocation, even after both groups ended last season as finalists. Thankfully, my main marching band, SIA Knights, retained their Division 1 status. This may be an indication that the current active groups are far more competitive than before. Despite that, we are looking to contend for the Division 2 titles (and Division 1 for SIA Knights) and are gearing up for the title challenge! Hope everyone else is satisfied with their division allocations though
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
hellomynameis347
The Spartan Marching Band is ready to fight for that Div II title, so be on your guard!
Lone Star Crusaders
Pride of Piney Woods
Lone Star Drumline
Spartan Marching Band

Pronouns: He/They
Perihelion
Well, Sky Ryders and Rain Glyders didn't get promoted, so I guess we are up for the title(s) as well!

Perihelion
Hey everyone, I hope everyone has been doing some prep this past week in anticipation for tonight's Opening Ceremonies. I have finally come up with a ranking system for our leagues. Hooray! I'll explain to you how it works.

Ranking system:

In this ranking system you will score points based on your overall placement in each SkyTeam event (regardless of division, and within our leagues of course). The overall placement will be based on the FMA score you get.

Trophies and honours:

the STADC or STAMB High-Flyers' Trophy - given to the group with the highest points accumulated in either league regardless of division
the SkyTeam Alliance Ultimate Trophy - given to the director with the highest points accumulated in the SkyTeam Alliance (both STADC and STAMB), regardless of league or division.

Asides from trophies, medals and honours will also be announced

STADC/STAMB Wright Brothers Medal - awarded to the group with the best show idea/design, this will be voted by all members of the league
STADC/STAMB Amelia Earhart Award - awarded to the group with the most improvement in either division. This is determined by comparing the FMA score from the start of the season till the end and also as compared to the previous seasons.
STADC/STAMB Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger Award (Sully Award for short) - awarded to the best newcomer in either division. A newcomer is defined as a group founded only 2 seasons or less prior to the current season.

Score system:

At the conclusion of each SkyTeam event, the participants will score points towards the STADC or STAMB High-Flyers' Trophy, and the SkyTeam Alliance Ultimate Trophy, according to the following scale:

1st : 23 points
2nd : 19 points
3rd : 17 points
4th : 13 points
5th : 11 points
6th : 7 points
7th : 5 points
8th : 3 points
9th : 2 points
10th and beyond: 1 point

In order to score points groups must participate in SkyTeam events.
Should there be a tie in FMA score, the tied groups will receive the same placement and points and the group below will be moved up a spot on placment e.g. 2 way tie for 5th highest scoring groups, both earn 5th place and 6th place awarded to the 7th highest scoring group. 3 way tie for 2nd highest scoring groups, all three earn 2nd place and 3rd place awarded to 4th highest scoring group. This is to allow for groups in lower placement to still earn a substantial amount of points.

I will be using a Google spreadsheet as a basis for all the stats to be recorded on, the link is here:
http://bit.ly/FOb8xW

Hope everyone is excited for tonight, all the best to the groups competing today!

JoelKelley
Alright! The Reveille Cadets are ready for this years season! We were so close to finals last year, but this year we will make it!
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
Perihelion
Hi guys the stats are updated! The SIA Scouts and SIA Knights currently lead the table in STADC and STAMB respectively, with siaaidil98 leading the directors' ranking with a total of 40 points. Keep it up guys!

http://bit.ly/FOb8xW

LittleKidLover
Hello everyone I'm Jake. Thanks for inviting me to join this league!
Season 69 Div 3 Champions for Drum Corps and Marching Band!
Stradivarius
Oh hi another Jake! Welcome to fma! (I'm not in skyteam but I like cruising around all the forums lol)
12 years later
JoelKelley
Hey, this is Joel with the Corps of Cadets Marching Band. Letting all in the SkyTeams to know that there are still spots open in BOTH the 3rd Annual LaPorte Festival of Bands and the Corps of Drums Rose Invitational. We have good participation from the Class 3 groups (and that's not saying don't still apply) However, we would enjoy if some Class 1s would join us on April 11th! Thank you for this announcement!
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
alxmm98
Hello everyone, I posted a Division 1 Drum Corps Recap in the Circuit News section. Check it out! No SkyTeam members were mentioned because there are no D1 Drum Corps yet in this league, but its still an interesting read. Good luck to everyone at finals
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Perihelion
Awesome write-up Alex, rather unfortunate that we don't have any SkyTeam corps in D1 but I hope that will change next season :)

On another note I have been rather busy lately and have been unable to do any writeups or updates to the rankings but I will get it sorted out soon. All the best to everyone in Prelims tonight !

Perihelion
Congratulations to our very own Winter Blues for taking both the STADC Championships and 3rd place in Div 3, and Father Ryan Virtual Band for taking both the STAMB Championships and the FMA Championships, and also equalling the highest ever FMA score for Marching Band! Band Together also did well, winning Division II for STAMB! You guys did us very proud :))

On another note, league events are up! Unfortunately I made a duplicate event for the opening day (there goes our league money...). Feel free to sign up for either event, although I would prefer if you sign up for the Opening Ceremony rather than the pseudo championships.

Perihelion
Hi guys I have an important announcement. With effect from today Skyteam will be merging with the West Coast Marching Arts Circuits! Here is a link to the press release:

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/4107

Do stay tuned for more, exciting times are coming for SkyTeam!

Perihelion
As seen in the last two seasons, I have been hosting the SkyTeam Open. This event is SkyTeam's answer to the Masters of FMA, and is traditionally hosted on the Friday of the season opening week. It is an event that gives priority to SkyTeam members, but it is open to the FMA community for participation. I wanted this event to be similar to the way Masters of FMA is run as it gives SkyTeam members an opportunity to be more involved with SkyTeam, and also as a medium for SkyTeam members to fundraise.

I'd like to have a volunteer to host next season's SkyTeam Open. The requirements to become a host are as follows:

- Enough money in EACH group to host events that can house a minimum of 20 groups for all circuits (15 may be acceptable if there are no other eligible hosts)
- Location of the event must be to your hometown or a REAL location in the world
- A member of ANY SkyTeam league for AT LEAST 2 seasons
- In good standing with SkyTeam (no past offences or vulgar activities)

Do post a reply below if you are interested!

Patriotslax55
This season, I am looking to have a ranking system that updates every week. This will include the overall rankings of the entire league, as well as a caption system for those having the highest scores in each caption. Also, this will include both separate and incorporated divisional rankings. If you have any other suggestions, please contact me!
Director of:
Mirage Regiment (D3 DC)
Desert Vanguard (D3 MB)
Painted Desert Guard (D3 CG)
Advanced Mechanics (D3 DL)
sia98aidil98
Looking forward to it!
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
oumondragon
Hey, why was everyone in the entire STAMB league promoted to Board of Directors? Did something weird happen or was my desktop just glitching out?
oumondragon
Minutemen Drum & Bugle Corps
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion