Login Create Account
Applications
boston
Please people deal with your applications! The Pride of Gasto has applied to a competition that will happen in about 2 or 3 days.

Keep in mind that when corps/bands/guards/drumlines apply to your competition, THEY ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY SIGNED UP!!!
Join the Marching of Kings! December 7th!
rtloveless
There have been many concerns about this already. We're still trying to figure out how to fix this problem. But right now there's nothing we can do and people are just going to have to apply to more competitions
Ryan T. Loveless
katkatastrophe
If people create more competitions any time soon!

What happens if the person does accept applications?
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

rtloveless
We're not sure yet. To be honest, you could technically go the entire season without a single competition and still do really well. The competitions only offer insight as to which categories you REALLY need to work on.
Ryan T. Loveless
bando
If they don't accept you, you aren't part of the competition.

If they do, you're accepted and you compete.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gmbande94
However bando there are a lot of competitions that have no appilcations accepted at all.
RWB "It's all for Love L-O-V-E" - Michael Jackson
bando
Then nothing happens. I'm pretty sure that even if no one is accepted, right now at least, no one is scored unless they are confirmed.
Founder of the IIEA

rtloveless
That's I believe it is Bando.
Ryan T. Loveless
gmbande94
Well I know that part all I'm saying is that it's just kind of a waste of space to have a competition and then just leave it.
RWB "It's all for Love L-O-V-E" - Michael Jackson
bando
Not much we can do about it. There's a whole topic on things we are suggesting to do about it if you wanna look that up.
Founder of the IIEA

ssmit
The issue is about people not accepting applications, and therefore wasting people's time and the original group's money.

I'm sure the directors that haven't accepted applications don't read the forums. They are probably more casual or new players. All we can do is hope they read, and learn what they need to do to properly host a competition. =)
jblamb1401
This is the biggest problem with this league.

You need to apply to shows as soon as possible so you simply pick one. You wait to see if you're going to be accepted while in the meantime other people host shows as well. You don't abandon the show to try to change shows since there's no guarantee that you'll get in there either.

You are just taking a risk that the show you're applying for isn't run by someone who will just abandon the game (which apparently is pretty common).

I applied to "Rebellion of Season 1" the day it was created. I've let it sit hoping that it would be decisioned. The show host, Red Rebellion, apparently hasn't been back to the website since he created the show (he is director level 1 with little influence). It's too late for me to apply to another show because the others for July 7th are booked up.

I've been accepted to 9 shows with 8 or 9 others that have not been decisioned. I know this is better than many of the people on here. If my stats are indicative of the competition, half of the shows that were created will not even happen.
Something needs to be done about this.
katkatastrophe
I think it should just be first come first serve.
Proud Director Of

cire
If you applied and haven't been accepted in a day or two, and you see another show open.. switch. Use common sense.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
jblamb1401
The problem is that there are no other shows to switch to and no one is making shows.
There are multiple days where no show organizer has accepted anyone.

katkatastrophe
Or at least let people who applied for that show and nobody has been accepted be permitted to perform in exhibition so we at least know our scores.

I mean I know thats not really realistic, but it's not totally fair to everyone waiting on someone to accept applications who probably isn't gonna log on again.
Proud Director Of

Whiteprinceofangola
i also think that people haven't created anymore shows cause they spent all their money on staff (i'm guilty) and hopefully here soon they will have some money to make more competitions...
nickthammond
Something needs to be done. Because, at this moment I'm confirmed for two competitions this season. And, every other competition is booked. So, I'm going to need the admins to do something to fix this little problem quickly. Not everything needed fixing, the old competition system worked so much better. If something isn't broke, please don't try to fix it.
Jrdnhunting
Exactly, everybody's broke. This is the one aspect about this game that I think needs a little changing.
katkatastrophe
I mean, most real competitions are a first come first serve system correct?

Maybe we also need some FMA official competitions? Like how DCI, WGI, BOA all have their own regionals...then other competitions are hosted by the schools and groups.. That way some groups would for sure get into those... just an idea.
Proud Director Of