gcurrier2
well now we have to prove we can make it all the way to division I hahahaha
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
gcurrier2
I do feel bad for Heart who should have won (I dont think they are a B group) and First Legion who lost their world record and worked hard for it in season 6!
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
bando
Honestly, I haven't had time for my B corps.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
I am barely going to have time for my division I lol see the CLASS forum
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Yeah I'm kind of not a division 1 corps to begin with. I'm probably done with my B groups. Just too time consuming to have 2 accounts to worry about...
12 years later
BleedBlue
I started really late this season as my first season. Like it was in the middle of week two in regular season. And all my groups are currently finalist, with my Marching Band currently in Bronze place. Div III is not that hard if you play a lot.
DC: Regimental Blue
MB: Edgar Allen Diddle High School
CG: Legacy
DL: Onyx Reign
Stradivarius
Yeah, this site requires a lot of time. Right now, I am in the Empire Statesmen Drum and Bugle Corps(DCA), my high school's winter percussion ensemble, a mini-corps called the "Sin City Regiment(aka Edge of the Empire. we are auditioning for "America's Got Talent" in North Carolina February 4th and 5th, I'm in high school, I'm doing the school jazz band, I'm auditioning for all-county(I've gotten first the last 2 yrs so I'm probably going to make it) and a girlfriend. These things take time(oh and I don't have internet on my cell phone), so for me, being competitive lasted only 1 season, and that was season 10, which was during the summer when almost nothing was going on during the week. I am still going to be on this site whenever I feel I have the time, but I highly doubt that I will ever be competitive while I am in high school. It's just because of the nature of the game. I still think this site is really cool, but the stress it takes to find time to log on and just click a few buttons is just not worth it to me.
12 years later
gcurrier
I think the big thing is phone with internet--prior to my smart phone, I was in same boat.

corndogshuffle
I don't have a smart phone or any of that witchcraft, but I've just been really lucky with the way my schedule lays out. Plus I usually set up gaps in it anyway so I can practice AND eat instead of just one or the other.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
when I do well its usually because I am obsessed or fighting with the love of my life LOL then I cant sleep so bad for reality good for FMA...this season score wise hasnt been AMAZING but with a new job, new team and moving back north I have actually done well!

cgeuph
The smartphone has been my savior in my first year out since the early days of FMA 1.0, im usually taking a bathroom break right about 8:01 to hurry up and check scores and such. But honestly I think it gives almost an unfair advantage to those who can only access the site via computer. I would almost be in favor of everyone getting energy once a day, like 1000 points or something, kinda like the good old days when I would stay up till 2AM est to spend my turns xD
Breathe, Play, March.
Southern Alamance Band 05-08
Carolina Gold Drum & Bugle Corps-
Contra 08/09
Euph '10
Baritone Section Leader '11
cgeuph
Unfair Disadvantage that is
Breathe, Play, March.
Contra 08/09
Euph '10
gcurrier
Maybe a middle ground

Stradivarius
I like the energy once a day idea. So much easier to handle. Also I think it is more realistic because honestly, I don't think that any of the drum corps i know of practice 4 times a day. They usually have 1 long practice.
12 years later
bando
So... pretty much the way FMA 1.0 was set up?
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ismensink
i like the idea of only spending energy once a day, but the way we have it set up now seems so much more realistic. a group that rehearses alot should be rewarded for their rehearsal. Only doing it once a day brings it down to who has the best staff and who picked the best challenge level, and i dont think that should be the basis of who wins.
hi
Alex
 -infinity
If someone can come up with a way to give people a reason to come back and play whenever they want while still allow people to be competitive if they play once per day...I'm all ears.
ismensink
maybe a totally seperate division could accomplish this, like an open class. At the beginnig of the season, you can decide if you want to be in open class or in a regular division assigned by the computer. Those in open class can compete together, only rehearsing once per day, whereas those who choose the regular division system can continue what you have set up here. You could just give each of the open class groups an energy cap limit of 2400, so that they can wait an entire day before rehearsing again.
hi
cgeuph
I would say a point cap at like 2000, that would let people who get on once a day be able to stay competitive plus let people who play whenever keep their practice schedules
Breathe, Play, March.
Contra 08/09
Euph '10
cire
"I like the energy once a day idea. So much easier to handle. Also I think it is more realistic because honestly, I don't think that any of the drum corps i know of practice 4 times a day. They usually have 1 long practice. "

Any COMPETITIVE drum corps practices 3-4 times a day. Morning, afternoon, dinner, sometimes after dinner. The only times that a corps would have 1 long practice would be during the middle of tour, and only under certain circumstances like a show day, or traveling.. and even then, it would probably just be a light practice.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"