Login Create Account
DCI 2012
Stradivarius
Anyone planning on marching a DCI group next season?
12 years later
Stradivarius
I was thinking about marching either Bluecoats or Cadets. Just because they are the closest x)
12 years later
gcurrier
CADETS CADETS CADETS! but I am biased LOL
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cire
If you want the best chance at a ring, go march BD.. they have never lost the year after a missed 3 peat year. and there have been several. I'm not biased, just pointing out facts. lol
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
mceuph
I'm marching 2012.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
IMcomJosh
There's always a first Cire. ;) But they are always a strong contender. You can never turn your backs on them. Unless they start screaming Yowza Yowza Yowza X-)
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
gcurrier
not biased my tush! LOL OMG if that YOWZA show is never mentioned again it will be too soon....I am sorry but that was ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOYING! and I LIKE Blue Devils...honestly!

gcurrier
the funny thing is--I typically like shows that didnt win LOL Cadets being an exception...starting way back with SCV 87 (yes I just completely dated myself but I WAS A KID!!! LOL)...that show ROCKS..BUT lost! Blue Devils 88...GREAT show--classic BD...but dropped to what third at finals? little more modern, Phantom and FAUST--dear god an amazing show...Cadets 2002...still get goosebumbs...the number of times I think the number one show actually had the best show, not all that often...THIS YEAR I AGREED! :)

cire
Agreed. Cadets had the best show this year.. they were just toooo dirty!
gcurrier
i felt right at home with them LOL another great WINNING show--BD 94...love that show!

Stradivarius
Yeah I kinda ruled out BD because I live in New York. I'm not sure if I'm even going to march. Just hoping for the chance to audition.
12 years later
Stradivarius
I'm also not a big BD fan. I have always liked Scouts, Bluecoats and Cadets. I find the cleanliness of BD impressive, but they never were really EXCITING to me :/ But that's just my opinion...
12 years later
cire
Strad.. just depends on what years you are talking about!
BlueDevils
I know Blue Devils alum don't generally like to talk about 89, but I loved that show when I heard it. I thought it was amazing and I still do. It's actually my favorite BD show. I guess I may not understand since I didn't march with them or have that happen to me and my corps on the field, but I think that that show was beyond impressive and the way the corps kept it together after what happened was astounding.

Please don't yell at me.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Stradivarius
@cire

True, true... several years were rather exciting compared to others :)
12 years later
hostrauser
Strad: 1990s and earlier Blue Devils were outstanding and entertaining, year after year. Their 94 show is the whole reason I tried out with them and not Vanguard.

DCI judging sheets are so detailed now that rarely (upon review) do I really think the judges "blew it." There have only been two years in the past 12-15 years or so where I think the judges truly and honestly did not pick the BEST corps... as opposed to the 80s when it seemed to happen every frickin' year. (87, 88, 89... wrong every year; each of those years the 2nd place corps was BETTER and out-performed the 1st place corps.)
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
TrumpetVinny
I may go back to Music City for another round but I have interest in Bluecoats, Scouts, SCV, and PC.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
ChrisRohn
March the corps closest to you. Paying airfare once a month to march is ridiculous.

It doesn't matter where you march, its the experience that counts.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
ChrisRohn
Music City is going places, Vinny! They are doing great things!

(great job, btw. really enjoyed your show)

ChrisRohn
Gary - I like the Yowza show. Its actually my my favorite of the 00's behind the gangster show.