Login Create Account
Anyone else audition for a 2012 Drum Corps?
KStove
I auditioned for the Madison Scouts soprano line and got a callback. Anyone else?
cire
Congrats! Feel free to join HelpMeMarch.org an easy way to connect with sponsors for tour donations. Join here - https://www.facebook.com/helpmemarch.org to be notified once hte site is re-launched for 2012
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Jakobianeuph
I auditioned for the Blue Stars and got a contract on Euphonium.
- Jakob Wisdom
- Corp Director of Highwater Regiment
- Director of Bands for Northwest Florida High School
- Director of Drums of Highwater
gcurrier
my bff went for bluecoats and got a call back
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
corndogshuffle
Last year would have been my age out year... really regret never marching. Congrats on the call back!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
TrumpetVinny
Auditioning Bluecoats but I'm doubtful of my chances. Will probably march MCDC again if I can although PC, Impulse, VK, Gold, and SoCal Dream are quite possible.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
ChrisRohn
March local! There is no point in wasting money on airfare to march in a corps.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
KStove
Awesome!

@cire thanks for that! Any help with tour costs is great, so that seems to be a great source.

My next camp is December 9-11, so I'm excited for that weekend to get here!
mdmackowiak
I wish I could be marching. Weird being aged out.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
TrumpetVinny
@Chris Eh. Bluecoats got me interested in the activity and I promised I'd at least audition there every year. MCDC is my "alma mater" (ish) corps and I'd rather be a vet with them, than a rookie with PC. Plus with MCDC and Bluecoats my friends in Tennessee can see me. I don't think any of the corps around here will be at Murfreesboro.
KStove
Well, i got cut.... only because I can't make it to a couple camps.... ugh. I could still try to march elsewhere though.... Bluecoats anyone?
20DM12
I had a friend try out for Madison but got cut last weekend during the callbacks, and I have another friend going back for bluecoats round 2 next month. the friend that tried out for madison has gotten an offer from a carolina crown snare tech and might get to march for them.
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
TrumpetVinny
I ended up not going to my Bluecoats camp. Finals week took a bigger toll on me than I thought and I basically wasn't ready and too tired to get to Atlanta. But MCDC has offerred me a contract. I haven't accepted yet, but they seem to be my most likely.
KStove
Yeah, I was hoping for Madison, but now it looks like my options are Bluecoats and Blue Stars. Now I just need to contact them both and get working again!
TrumpetVinny
I wish with all my heart that I could do Bluecoats, but I just really don't think I have the chops for them right now, and with me barely affording MCDC, Bluecoats would be very difficult financially, although I'm pretty sure I'd take on every degrading job in the book to afford it. I think the only things that could sway me from MCDC is if a west coast corps (Basically PC, SCVC, or SCV would be the ones I'd be interested in doing) has a hole,offered me a contract, and was easier financially, or if Bluecoats got a hole or something and I could get out there to fill it.
cire
@mdmackowiak I was offered a position on Forte's board of directors
KStove
I'm going to try for Bluecoats first since I have a few people who I can talk to about it and help me get in. The only reason that the Scouts told me that they cut me was because I couldn't make it to two camps in Texas (I live in Ohio and can't make it due to playing college baseball). I think the Bluecoats would be a much better option since I could make it to all of their camps, and my abilities visually and musically were up to par for the Scouts. Just have to go out and see what they think of me now.
TrumpetVinny
Bluecoats were just always my dream corps but living in Tennessee and going to college in California doesn't help.
ChrisRohn
Having camps all over the country, and making your members pay to travel there, is stupid policy.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
cire
Paying to audition is a scam. I understand costs.. but come on. Cadets are one of the worst at this.. they make you pay to audition.. they make you pay to march... then they make you pay to attend their camps that you are required to go to. On top of that, they are the most expensive corps to march with... At least that's how it used to be.