Login Create Account
FMA North-East Conference Discussion
bachstrad2010
Yeah, I do not see why people would put so much effort into creating a good group, yet not check the forums.
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
cnuclarinet
@ bando

I just noticed that you posted a new map, that looks good, if we can only get a few of us, we could just run next season on a trial run of sorts for the combine, and hopefully get more people interested for the season after
Director of Riptide, Tidal Force, Tsunami, and Waverunners
Silversun268
If Alex is in support of the combine idea, maybe he could set this up within the site so it would be easier to organize and run. We might get more members that way too. Maybe give people the option of joining a combine at the start of each season or something like that. If it is too much trouble to do then, of course, we could do it informally like we are doing but it would be nice having it be a part of the site. Even something like private forum space for members of each combine would be interesting. Just some thoughts, any others?

p.s. Alex, I would like to take this opportunity to applaud you on this new site and new game style, it is great.
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

bando
@Cnuclarinet Yeah, I just made it really recently. I agree,m a trial run is a good idea. But, we still still have a few weeks, so hopefully more people will check out the forums.

@SilverSun I had mentioned the private forum part (although, not private, just kinda a separate one).

I am not sure how practical that would be since each combine is different in how it is set up, but its a nice thought,
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
tomcat3008
dunkirk patriots- ny support the north- east combine
bando
Thanks for your support!
Founder of the IIEA

Prof
If alex would give us dates / days of the FMA regionals we could start trying to figure out a schedule. If Alex would make all FMA regionals on Saturdays, we could start.

If you guys would host us for week 4 of season two then we host you week three, then in season 3 we flip flop the weeks so they we both get a chance for the long build up of paying fans.

What will get confusing ( for me ) is how to make sure everyone gets enough shows
For discussion, maybe something like this
Sunday - your divions 3 corps A hosts all your and our division 3 corps
Your Division 2 corps A hosts both of ours division 2 corps
Your Division 1 Corps A Hosts both of our Division 1 Corps
Monday same thing but corps B in each division hosts
Tuesday same thing but corps C in each division hosts
Wednesday Same thing but Corps D in each division hosts
Thursday Same thing but corps E in each division hosts
Friday- anyone in your combine that hasn't been scheduled to host, hosts shows
( this would help with some make up shows if there is an unbalanced # in each division )
Saturday night - FMA regional

It might be too much to keep track of, but I'm thinking if you have 6 division 3 corps, each get a show, and they each host one each night for at least 10 participants. Home corps get in first and the other 4 slots are filled by our division 3 people, if there are extra slots they then can pick higher division corps ?

For season two:
Division 3 members must host a 10 corps show
Division 2 members must host a 15 corps show
Division 1 members must host a 20 corps show

If we all constantly build properly in a few seasons we could require something like this
If a division 3 corps wants to travel -must host a 15 corps show to allow alliance members in
If a division 2 corps wants to travel - must host a 20 corps show to allow alliance members in
If a division 1 corps wants to travel - must host a 25 corps show to allow alliance members in

I'm just trying to look at the long term so that we don't quickly set something up and then have to redo the whole ting all over again.

bando
So our schedule would be
Home Comps
Home Comps
Gulf-Coast Combine
Host Home Events with Gulf-Coast Combine attendees
Championships Week

Well, our shows are separated by region, and not by division, so we will have to figure out our competition schedule and let you guys know. :)

But, I think how you have the show number requirements set-up sounds pretty good.

We only have 6 corps interested right now, so that would mean we have 1 combine competition the first week, then two every other week except week 3? This I think will change if we do something with another combine.

Here is what I'm thinking the schedule will look like as of right now, but we'll let the :

Week 1 -

Competition in England with Host, Perception [Southern Region]
Competition in Vermont with Host, Nemesis [Northern Region]
Competition in New York with Host, Dunkirk Patriots [Central Region]

Week 2 -

Competition in Pennsylvania with Host, Eagle Regiment [Central Region]
Competition in New Jersey with Host, Modern Antic [Central Region]

Week 3 -

Visit Gulf-Coast Combine

Week 4 - (With extra slots going to Gulf-Coast Combine)

Competition in Virginia with Host, Band Geeks [Southern Region]
Competition in Virginia with Host, Riptide [Southern Region]

Week 5 -
--Monday - Last Free day of the season
--Tuesday - North-East Combine Regionals (Hosted by North-East Regionals Group)
--Wednesday - North-East Combine Finals (Hosted by North-East Championships Group)
--Thursday thru Saturday - FMA Championships

EDIT: I just made the groups that will be hosting the regional championships as well as the finals. I just have them set fund-raising.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
I really like this schedule set up, and I'm excited to have some interaction with our friends from the south. :) I am more than happy to host a competition in Week 4, hopefully within the next two days I have enough ticket sales to allow me to host a larger competition, but it may be limited to a 5 group competition, so it may be better for me to host in the first or second week (if anyone would like to change), so that I don't have to exclude anyone from the Gulf Coast (I would feel terrible). I will let you know how that goes after my Competition on the 20th (which happens to contain THREE NE Combine corps [Riptide, Band Geeks and Modern Antic]

I think that we should rotate which combines we do visit in the coming seasons, so in season two we'll visit the Gulf-Coast combine, maybe then season three we can head to the midwest, or to the other combine in the Southeast Alliance (I'm not sure what they are calling themselves yet, either Appalachian or Dixieland combine).

I like in the schedule how we aren't saturating our schedule with combine only shows, so that members of the combine can compete in other competitions.

I'm also happy to see a new corps join the combine, Welcome Odoriboro Blaze
bando
Odoriboro actually showed interest on page 1. Haha, we just missed them when we went through the first time!

I'm glad you like the schedule. We can discuss any changes during Finals week.

I did get the groups who will be hosting all the regionals and the finals competitions created, so those are ready for when we need them next season. =D
Founder of the IIEA

Jrdnhunting
My 4 groups are on board!
cnuclarinet
@bando Odiboro Blaze is a marching band director by the director of Modern Antic.

@Jrdnhunting Welcome to the combine from another corps based in Hampton Roads

Combine Update:
Eagle Regiment - PA
RIptide - VA
Band Geeks - VA
Modern Antic - NJ
Perception - England
Dunkirk Patriots - NY

So maybe then for week 4 both competitions can be held in Virginia by Riptide and Band Geeks, that way our friends from the Gulf Coast don't have that far to come (compared to traveling to the Central part of the Combine)
bando
Dur. Haha. I was looking at marching band stuff that day. I will fix it.
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
Looks good so far. :)
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

bando
I sent you all a mass private message. =D

I almost got my list of North-East corps done. I only made through all of division 1 and 2, and page 1/5 of division 3. (these are only groups that have competed mind you).

I kinda screwed up, so I think might've missed everyone from Maine. -.-" My list is link to their group's profile. Once I finish and we split it up (refer to Private Message [PM] ) I will send those to the right people. =P
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
I Have not been super active posting on these forums because I was not really used to them on this set for all the other seasons LOL but ive been very active in other fantasy corps site in the past so willing to help in anyway I can--however being incredibly active on DCPI it may be limited here...
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
bando
Welcome to the combine. :) Being a member of it won't require too much effort really. Most of the effort comes during pre-season when everything is being set up. After that, the game is played normally. You just get a guarantee on the number of competitions. I'm going to re-arrange the schedule to add you in.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
So what is the next step from here to get this going. Its also nice that we have someone from the northern part of the combine now.

Combine Update:
Eagle Regiment - PA
RIptide - VA
Band Geeks - VA
Modern Antic - NJ
Perception - England
Dunkirk Patriots - NY
Nemesis - VT
bando
Did you get my message?
Founder of the IIEA