Login Create Account
FMA North-East Conference Discussion
bando
I'm going to start sending some messages to other north-east people and let them know this is here, if anyone wants to help out, contact me by message. =D There's not that many people, but enough it might take a while for one person. (I'm doing a personal message for each). Wish me luck! Haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Silversun268
@bando: got the message but didn't have anything useful to add. I am happy to help though and it is looking good so far.
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

bando
Do you mind if I send you some usernames to send some messages to then? Try to make them as personal as possible. Should be in your inbox with-in the next ten minutes.

edit: I only sent 8, so it shouldn't be too bad. If anyone else in the combine wants to help with this effort, send me a private message and I will send a list of 8-12 people.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
I did get the message, I was just asking if there was anything else that could be done at this point other than contacting people.
Director of Riptide, Tidal Force, Tsunami, and Waverunners
bando
Not much. I mean, we could elect leaders, but with the number of people we have, I feel that would be useless.

If you want to get a list of people, just send me a private message. There are a whole bunch of people that have no location at all, or one that doesn't exist so I don't know if we should message them or not. I think I'm going to start sending a group of messages tomorrow.
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
Just received official confirmation that Nemesis will be a member of the combine for next season. Welcome. :)
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England

bando
Alright... let's see if I have any room left in my signature, haha.

Edit: Oh wow, when i was making the list I must have missed them when put my mark on who already is in. They are already in my sig! Whoooops. Thanks for the confirmation though!
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
Here is a current member list for everyone's reference
(this way when bando's signature gets too long we will still have a list :P) :

Nemesis-VT
Legion - MA
Dunkirk Patriots-NY
Eagle Regiment-PA
Modern Antic-NJ
Riptide-VA
Band Geeks-VA
Perception-England

Silversun268
Legion, directed by Spartans23, from Massachusetts will be joining us next season. Welcome.

bando
Good, we needed some Northern Region groups!

Yes, I think I might not even have enough room for anyone else.
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
Everyone, please check your inbox for a message about the combine

bando
Thanks for being so up-front. I'm glad because I am helping out with my old high school's band camp and I am extremely busy.

I think I am going to cut my sig down to the leaders once we all "get together" and elect them.
am not sure how this will be done. Probably with a anonymous poll with some website or something.
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
No problem, I just want to help this work. I like the election idea. What leadership postions do you think we need to fill? (That is a question for everyone)

cnuclarinet
We would need someone to be totally incharge of the entire combine, and then someone incharge of each region in the combine, or someone to be in charge of each division
Director of Riptide, Tidal Force, Tsunami, and Waverunners
Silversun268
Maybe when we get bigger (or if someone wants to do it this coming season) we could also have our own staff writter to report on combine events.

gmbande94
I would like to join for next season.
General Mclane Lancers-PA
RWB "It's all for Love L-O-V-E" - Michael Jackson
Silversun268
@gmbande94, sent you a private message

everyone else, almost done with the schedule, just waiting on one person to get back to me and for a possible gulf-coast visit to be confirmed. To "hold you over" until I can get the schedule up here is a new member list:

Nemesis-VT
Legion - MA
Dunkirk Patriots-NY
Eagle Regiment-PA
General Mclane Lancers - PA
Modern Antic-NJ
Riptide-VA
Band Geeks-VA
Perception-England

Silversun268
So, still just waiting one one group to respond. But I can tell you some good news:

Each of us will be guaranteed a least 9 or 10 shows throughout the season.

Negotiations with the Gulf-Coast circuit are going well, just hammering out the finer details. There will be no NEC (north-east combine) shows during week 3 as we will be travelling to the Gulf-coast and many of the NEC shows, about half, will be during week 4 to accommodate the additional load of hosting of the gulf-coast.

Scheduling fairly is very hard with only 9 groups in our combine. I think the message for next season will be "recruit, recruit, recruit."

I will provide information as it becomes available, until then good luck with the end of your seasons.

bando
I already have had the groups for our combine championships, so the Regionals will occur on the Tuesday, and the Combine Championships on Wednesday, correct?

As soon as I can, I will schedule those. The combine groups have about $16,000 saved up to host the shows. What will happen is everyone will apply to their own regional contests AND the finals. Then someone will go through after the results for the region contests and accept everyone that made it to the Finals contest. We can decided who goes to our Finals after our numbers are set for at least the beginning of next season.
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
yes, I already have those included in the schedule. Thanks for making those groups.

So, how will the regional to finals transfer occur? I thought that everyone would get a spot in each, but if we want to make it competitive then I am alright with that too.

Maybe since we have only 9 members this first season, we should allow everyone into the finals and in subsequent seasons only allow those who perform well at the regionals?