Login Create Account
Drum Corps Week 2
cire
I brought up that fact to say why I personally have donated in the past.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
Lol
12 years later
saxamattone
I bought an FMA season 1 shirt from Alex years ago. I wish he still did stuff like that.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
Stradivarius
Lol I'd buy a shirt but I wouldn't buy in game stuff
12 years later
xxlightsoutxx
Such harsh feelings...
-Director of the Mayday Regiment- 1 time D2 silver medalist
-Director of Mayday Rhythm- 1 time D3 Champions
-Director of the Mayday Guard
-Director of the Mayday Regiment B
Stradivarius
Lol more like strong opinions
12 years later
Jhawk
I bought a package last season, but as cire said I did it for support rather than any pluses I would get. I would love for this game to still be around in a few years time. That was the reason why FMB got shut down was mostly due to costs and some time commitment issues.

So If I have an extra 20 bucks why not give it to the site so that it can keep running? You can always ask him to not give the bonus if you feel that strongly about it.
Ivory Brigade
gcurrier
the new bonus is more like a thank you compared to the old one that let you go a little CRAY! So I still have bought them to help keep things going because I can and support anyone else doing so that can, especially since many cant!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cire
I just wish he would give more options to donate besides Paypal.. because Paypal is evil.
Nakoda
FMB?
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Jhawk
The first incarnation of this game. I joined season 2 only because back then you couldn't join midseason. The way the game works has changed drastically from how it was back then.

I don't know if there are any others still left from that era. Marimbaman was the last I think.
Ivory Brigade
Nakoda
so who ran that one, alex?

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
Alex always ran it. I wasn't around for the origional fmb but I did find it right before it was going to shut down but decided not to join at the time lol
12 years later
Jhawk
http://web.archive.org/web/20070706233331/http://home.fantasymarchingband.com/

that was posted about a year or so ago on here you can see somewhat what the original looked like. And back then the finals system was more like BOA and not DCI.
Ivory Brigade
cire
Strad, I joined v1 I think 2 or 3 days before the last Finals.. and then happened to come back to FMA the day it was relaunched
Nakoda
well if it shutdown because of money and time why'd he make this?

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
Yeah I think they were still midseason whenni found it but I forgot about the sight until I was bored in a study hall one day xD I randomly found it again when I typed in marching band games like nerd I am
12 years later
cire
v1 was just redone into this. I don't think it was due to money. I do know he told me he coded it really bad or confusing? maybe he wanted to rewrite it and thought a new version might just be better
cire
v1 was pretty complicated and a lot more to do than this version from what I remember
Jhawk
Towards the end it was rather complicated. I think you had to maintain enthusiasm, had to learn your music and marching, and then also had stats for things like winds, percusion, visuals, and all that.

I remember the season I won I actually didn't rehearse my drumline at all. So I was almost dead last in that category, but won all of the others.
Ivory Brigade