Login Create Account
MAoMA
gcurrier
i've never used a spreadsheet here--i do think it take a hit to the fun factor...i have used it in other leagues that use historical or actual scores...

i'm ok with a couple b accounts but ive never used them how others do to massive fundraising to boost up their A shows...cheating i suppose not but a bit lame perhaps....i'm sure it will get old soon enough

kstove i think they have proven why you belong in CLASS--your elite and among the best in the game...not knocking MAoMA--its a great league and its working to challenge CLASS, but we are still the elite, premier and original...
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
KStove
In terms of cheating, nothing can really be defined as that, since there is no set of rules in place that gives any real boundaries for the game.

"Taking the fun out of the game" makes a lot of sense though, because all those accounts kind of defeat the purpose of the game, I think, which I believe to be creating a "real-world" drum corps game thst is simulated online. Now, in the real world, do you have corps that have a huge fan base and would sell out shows, yet go on the field and be absolutely awful? Not at all. That would be case and point. If you had 24 "b" accounts thst all rehearsed and were actually trying to compete, then there would be a better argument.

In the end though, as long as there are no rules, manipulation of the game will continue as such.
FastForward
It is obvious that the old guard is not happy with new groups crashing the party ... If CLASS & other established groups were willing to support shows of lower placing corps to build them up this would have been a very different looking FMA previously let alone today.

It is what it is ... It was what it was !!!

Night all ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
WOW!!! thats really ridiculous and hysterical...how do you think many of the top groups got to where they are? we worked with them--supported them often even giving pointers before people spoke so freely about how to do well...I have even helped support this very league that isnt even CLASS...youve been around what a hot minute and suddenly you know the history of FMA?? of CLASS? OLD GUARD??? beat us then start mouthing off--do a little reading in the history of this activity before you start slamming things around--ask YOUR LEAGUE LEADERS how I have respected and worked with them even said how great they are for the activity...CRASH MY PARTY KID! dare you--but dont you dare question my support of the activity and EVERYONE here thats working hard to improve it OR their own corps...

NIGHT! :)

MrsRomo
Why is this so hostile?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
cire
I'm assuming FMA v1 was a lot harder to do a spreadsheet on. I do think v2 should be modified so that there are more unknowns just like in real life - where spreadsheets might help, but it will only take you so far
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
TrumpetVinny
I've never used a spreadsheet. Never had a B account. And this is silly. I've talked crap to CLASS too :P I don't even pay attention to whose shows I'm signing up for. Ain't no old guard. Tullahoma is not a traditional powerhouse.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Stradivarius
Lol fastforward stop bashing class man! gcurrier helped launch MAoMA into the other groups. Our drumline league is now almost at 100 members already! Class has helped us a lot. We do have a few members up near the top 5 or 6, but class is still the elite. Until we can upset them conistently I wouldn't say we are at their caliber yet. We may be contending and challenging, but we still need a big push with more than just you and I fastforward lol. We gotta wait till kmarti gets some staff, and mrs romo and kiowa will get their eventually. Lets keep this classy lol. Pun intended. I'm sure kmarti would agree here as well. So in the end @CLASS no hard feelings!!
12 years later
saxamattone
Well said Strad. MAoMA is challenging and that's making things interesting and fun for all of us.

As far as old guard stuff...like I said earlier, I have only 1 more season of play than Fastforward. I've proven that a "new" guy can rise up and win without taking 30 seasons to do it. I did it the right way without attendance boosting. It's really not that hard. If I remember correctly I think Leviathan was created by an "old" guy as an experiment to prove that it can be done before I did it. They also won the right way. This is a game-competition is fun. I'm glad things are stacked at the top and my streak will likely end. I was starting to worry that if I kept winning then it would become boring. But you can rest assured I'm still going to try my best and if nothing else I'll challenge whoever does win. Winning is fun but competing honestly with other great competitors is even more fun! Good luck to everyone!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
FastForward
Good Luck To CLASS, MAoMA & everyone else in FMA !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
strad everything you and kmarti are doing (as well as a lot of your members) is adding so much to the activity and at the end of the day that is a key focus of CLASS (which is why we have partnered with you on several projects). you know we love the competition---you've got to give respect to get it---I am all for challenges and friendly competition and certainly even some shots across the bow--my integrity though, that wont be questioned. If any one thinks CLASS or I have done anything to hurt the activity, I am glad to fight that battle back any day. From our support of new corps, to working with corps with great potential to achieve the next level to the financial support many of our members have provided over the years, FMA is clearly very important to us--as is MAoMA! Its about time we have a solid challenger coming after us--others have gotten there then faded away! I dont want that to be MAoMA which is why as I have stated to you and kmarti, I refuse to solicit your members, even though many have certainly earned CLASS status!

gcurrier2
BTW saxamattone--you are right as usual LOL Leviathan was created as my B account when TeamQuavers (Sapphire Vanguard) and I decided that we needed to prove to people that said they could never compete with the top tier groups that it didnt take that long. we got gold and silver in div 3 first season out (11) then we got silver in division 2 in season 12. I think we would have had the division 1 title sooner if we hadn't taken a few seasons to be pretty lax and do some fundraising.
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
Stradivarius
Yay we're all friendly again xD this is the forum I remember lol.
12 years later
Jhawk
I don't believe in the fact that you can't get higher influence groups at your shows when you are new. It all depends on when you schedule your shows. All except for my first show which I created late I've had plenty of high influence people doing my shows. Heck look at my second show I had 8 division 1 groups most of them with around 20k at the time in influence.

Hosting a show is every bit about strategy as doing your rehearsals.

I actually had to turn down 21 people this season. It's not because I'm "old guard" its because I have a strategy for my shows and it works.
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
I seem to be stuck. I can't seem to have one of those awesome shows that just gives me huge amounts of money. Like I have made a little over 60k and that's my best
12 years later
Stradivarius
This season only got like 40k for drum corps and band but the other groups barely brok 30k
12 years later
Jhawk
What do you put your tickets on?
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
40 every season. I mean I get a lot of high influence groups just I also end up getting a ton of low influence groups
12 years later
cire
STAY AWAY FROM CLASS!! THEY ARE HORRIBLE!! THEY TOTALLY KICKED ME OUT!! HOORRRRRRIIBBBLLEEEE!!

jk lol CLASS is great.. I would join them again if Strad didn't threaten me with death by bad spelling
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
TrumpetVinny
I just take the highest influence groups that join for a few days before just accepting so my show just gets filled up. The biggest thing is making your show FIRST. If other people have beaten you to putting a show on a day you'll almost always struggle.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.