ICE Forum
Kopar199
Me too, it can be kinda interesting sometimes
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kopar199
Just a reminder that you have until midnight to vote on the logo! Vote if you haven't!
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
MrsRomo
How many votes did you end up getting?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
MrsRomo
Our first league contest is tonight (2/15)! There are still a few spots remaining if you need a contest for today.

Best of luck to everyone competing at the Midwest Regional in Chicago! It's bound to be freezing but the show must go on!!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kopar199
The results are in, as the winnin logo is *drumroll* Penny's! Congratulations, your design will now be the ICE logo. MrsRomo or I will put it up as soon a possible (I can't at the moment as I don't have a computer)
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Penny
Aw thanks everyone! I'm glad you all liked it!! :) I'm so honored to have my logo chosen!!! Thanks y'all!
MrsRomo
Way to go penny! I like that your logo had incorporated an instrument in with the color scheme!

I had meant to do do a little recap from our first event, but I just started a new job and haven't necessarily had the time to sit down and write one. Hopefully I can do a little some some for the next contest. ;)
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kopar199
It's all good, if you need help doing it next time I always can find time to help!
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
MrsRomo
Yeah totally feel free too! You are a commentator ;)
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kopar199
I think I'll do one over the championship like a regular write up, but one over the eastern regionals as a press release, just so I don't abuse my powers so to speak
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kopar199
so, how's everyone doing this season?
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
MrsRomo
I'm currently 15th in division 1. I'm hoping to squeeze into the top 12 before the season is over! How are you doing?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kopar199
currently at 23rd in D2 trying to move up higher by the end of the season, but seeing as I can't get on regularly because my computer broke, and I haven't gotten it fixed yet, it probably won't be much.
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
MrsRomo
Oh broken computers suck. I started my new job last week, so I haven't been super consistent, but I manage to get in a couple of rehearsals a day.

Tomorrow is our second league event! If you haven't signed up and you schedule allows you to, be sure to sign up! Our championship has some places available as well.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
March 2nd, 2015 was the second league event for ICE. The Eastern Regional was held in Buffalo, NY were there was plenty of ice and ICE. There were a total of 9 participating groups: three groups in Division 1, two groups in Division 2, and four groups in Division 3.

In Division 1, the Spirit of Sunnyvale placed 1st scoring an 88.930. Order of the Phoenix placed second, and Spirit of Delaware placed third.

In Division 2, Jags took home the gold medal with a score of 66.410, nearly 15 points more than the second place group in Artemis.

Finally, in Division 3, the DooWeeDahs scored a 53.6 for the gold, with Lowriders placing second, Something Big as bronze, and My Balogna as the third runner up.

The first ever ICE Championships will be held on March the 10th. All ICE groups are invited to attend the competition.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Penny
Excited for ice champs even though I'll do poorly
MrsRomo
Hey everyone!! Just wanted to get your thoughts on our first season of competition. What can Kopar and I do to make this league fun and exciting?

We definitely will have more contests, probably at least once a week. What do you guys think about that? Probably the first day of every week will be our league contest. Suggestions on where to host the contests?

I believe Kopar said he was going to write up a little commentary on our league championships. I may be wrong though, so if he doesn't I can write up a little synopsis recap type thing. I'm not a very talented writer

Any comments, questions or concerns?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kopar199
Hello everyone, I would like to personally apologize for my absence during the last half of this season. I have been very busy with my band, and that combined with a broken laptop, and trying to prepare to move to another state, it was difficult to find time for this. rest assured that I will be returning with full force for season 42!
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
MrsRomo
Hey y'all. Here is the much delayed recap of the ICE Championship event. I apologize for the delay in getting this posted. This is the first time I've actually been able to sit down at a computer since I started my new job, and it's just easier to do it on a computer than on my iPhone. :)

I'm not the best writer, but here is a tiny synopsis of our championship event. I plan on posting ICE specific results from FMA finals tonight or tomorrow.

The first annual International Corps & Ensembles Championship event was during season 41 on March 10th, 2015. The championship was small for it's inaugural season, but as the old saying goes it's quality over quantity. Three division one corps participated, two division two corps and three division three corps made up the competition field.

In division three, My Balogna came in third place with their show Run Son. They scored a 47.195, but show lots of room for improvement, across the board.

Something Big had something big to show in their show YOLO. Something Big only competed in ICE events throughout the season, and came up a tad bit short placing second in the division. YOLO earned a score of 50.745 on championship night. They impressed the judges with both their visual and musical general effects, winning those captions. While they demonstrated that you only live once, their downfall was their individual captions for guard, winds and percussion.

Winning gold in division three, during their first season of competition, were the Lowriders. They edged out Something Big by .11 with their show Gangsta Gangsta. While it can be tricky to transpose assorted gangsta rap, the Lowriders were able to squeak by winning the captions for winds, percussion and music ensemble.

Division two pitted two drum corps against each other. Unfortunately, Artemis had the short end of the stick in this competition. Their show "B" was a great effort, and the judges and crowd alike both enjoyed seeing different ways of writing "B" in their drill...capital, lower case, cursive, chinese symbols, and many others. Their performance earned them a score of 52.98, and a silver medal.

The Jags showed up to compete, and had the third highest overall score of the night with a 70.335, which was strong enough to the Division 2 Gold Medal. Their show is titled Fundraising, with songs about Money Money. Hopefully the Jags will come back with full force and be a contender.

Division 1 had three groups competing. In third place were the Spirit of Delaware with a score of 55.315. Their show was entitled xXx. The judges were expecting big scores from the division one groups, but it looked like the Spirit of Delaware missed lots of rehearsal hours. They feel confident that if the rehearsal time was made up that they would be a force to reckon with. They were definitely spirited though and took home the bronze medal.

It's only fitting that a group called Order of the Phoenix were to perform a show entitled "After All this Time?", a tribute to each of the Harry Potter movies. Their show featured musical themes from each of the eight Harry Potter movies, and was a fan favorite. However, the judges were much more harsh on the Order than the fans. They scored a 90.7, which was not enough to win a caption or the division.

Winning the first ever division one gold medal for ICE Championships were they Spirit of Sunnyvale. Sunnyvale swept all the captions on the night and won the overall awards for their show title "Finally a Finalist", was the feel good story of the night. Everyone was moved to tears as the leadership for Sunnyvale came forward to accept the gold medal and the ICE Cup trophy.

MrsRomo, a co-founder of ICE, says: "The board of directors and I are extremely excited and proud of all the groups that competed in this fantastic night of drum corps activity. We look forward to growing the league and having a dynamic championship event for many more years. We invite all of our ICE Corps to come back and compete next year, and to save the date for our second championship event." ICE Championships are scheduled to be held on the last day of the regular season.

For a complete recap and scores of the ICE Championships, visit: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/29101
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
I've also updated the announcements on the league home page, and the ICE Championship records on the first page of this thread.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---