Login Create Account
Recognizing a Champion- survey!
saxamattone
I have been maintaining the list of champions in the Drum Corps category for the last 20 seasons or so. I'm asking for YOUR input on who WE decide to recognize as our season 45 champion. Below is a link to a survey where you can have your voice heard. I will publish an updated champion list based on the input from this survey in one week. Please vote!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WLXQM2X

Thanks!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
FastForward
FMA already shows the season 45 champion based on score. Revisionist history ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
one thing we dont have to worry about is the record high score
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
saxamattone
For what it's worth, you can only take this survey once and it stops you from submitting multiple entries on the same computer. If you found a round-about way of submitting multiple entries I can see that. Multiple entries from the same IP address are being deleted.

Be heard
Be fair

Thanks for participating!

CLASS Board of Directors

Aaron0316
This choice was a no brainer ;)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
MrsRomo
I want to say the * option, because if you look at records for athletic events, there usually is an asterisk. The other half of me wants to discount FF entirely and claim nemesis as the real champion.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
corndogshuffle
I think there is a way to achieve both, MrsRomo. Give FF the asterisk for Season 45 rather than delete him from memory as we had not decided before Season 45 that we would blacklist his accomplishments. Any future wins he may put up, however, can be ignored since we have set the precedent before Season 46 starts. I'm not necessarily saying that's what we should all do, but I'm strongly considering taking that approach.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
i just want to say I will not be campaigning for any given choice, I am fine with the result whatever it may be as we have our future plans which is what concerns me the most! its all about the future of FMA!!!

Aaron0316
I like the way you think, corndog. It is a fair way to do it; I never knew about the asterisk in professional sports. Perhaps my vote was a bit hasty.

However, several of us already "blacklisted" him before it was official. Everyone has known about his ridiculous farming and 25+ accounts for quite a long time. Therefore, we knew it was coming. I don't recall anyone ever recognizing his past achievements because of this issue. Why should season 45 be any different?

Some would have no problem giving FF the win for season 45, but because he chooses to ignore how unfairly he plays the game, I choose to ignore his "accomplishments". I believe, others should do the same.

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
alxmm98
Honestly, I gave it to FF, with the *, because although he performed unethically, he still won, before we officially blacklisted him. So, i say give him his one championship win, but anything after that should be the highest scoring non FF group. However, i have a feeling he wont be winning like that anytime soon
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
saxamattone
Just make sure you guys speak with you're votes! I'm fine with whatever you all decide :)

CLASS Board of Directors

MrsRomo
Voted. I tried to vote clearly and rationally ;)
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
rhythmicthinking
Just my input on the way your survey works- the option for recognizing FastForward as champion is split into two choices (with or without an asterisk), which divides a vote in his favor.

When counting the votes, you should combine the asterisk/no asterisk votes for FastFoward and put them against the votes for Nemesis. If those votes combined beat out votes for Nemesis, then compare the no asterisk/asterisk votes to decide whether the asterisk goes or not.
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
corndogshuffle
I disagree with your assessment... one of the options for recognizing FF implies that there is nothing wrong with what FF did (recognize FF with no asterisk). The other implies that his Gold Medal should stand, but be noted as illegitimate (recognize FF with an asterisk, could be phrased as "FF cheated but I don't believe in vacating titles). I think if anything the asterisk vote should be included with the "recognize Nemesis instead of FF" option.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
rhythmicthinking
In that case, then, we should decide whether FF's victory was legitimate or not, and then discuss whether the title should be vacated or not in a separate vote. The survey asks two different questions at the same time, which I think kind out clouds the legitimacy of the vote itself.

Of course, this is saxamattone's poll for his own record of FMA champions, and he can decide what to do or what not to do.
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
gcurrier
I think you have a valid point if the voting ends up being close, perhaps there would need to be a run off vote, but it's possible one option stands out so clearly as to not really be a concern any longer. IF it's 33-33-33 then Ok maybe an issue. If it's 10-60-30 then not so much.

saxamattone
As of right now the first option only has one vote. However, I agree with you. Nemesis should only be recognized if he gets more votes than the total of the two fastforward options.

CLASS Board of Directors

Stradivarius
Voted for Nemesis. FF cheated. In other sports this kind of thing gets you fined or banned. Enough said.
12 years later
saxamattone
This survey will be closing in the next 24 hours. Please vote today if you haven't already done so!

CLASS Board of Directors

cici2137
After a tough decision....my vote goes to Nemesis. Since this has been going on for a while, I have no choice but to side with FF losing the title. In any or most organizations, titles are kept before the action was noticed, but there's obvious signs of this happening for seasons.
Blue Commodores - ICE
Knights - MYNWA (BOD)
Shining Red - FLAG
18 Marchers - PEARL