Login Create Account
DRUMS Chat!
bandpenza0503
My percussion group is hosting a show on the 23rd, I would love having some groups from this league at the show for representation
cjbuckley1997
Wecome to DRUMS! I just added your show to the league schedule! My personal schedule is already full for this season, but in the future I'll gladly join your shows!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
ThomasIsBass3
How many of y'all have had school start for you? If you go to school still. Lol
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
cjbuckley1997
I move into college tomorrow, so I've been prepping for that all week. Busy times lol

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Good afternoon. As some of you know, I just started my freshman year in college studying music education. Even through the first week, my schedule is chock full of different activities and ensembles and such. As a result of this, my time on FMA has become extremely diminished. So I am sad to announce that I will be stepping down as DRUMS president. I will still try to be on FMA as much as I can, however I cannot effectively fulfill my role as founder/president under my current circumstances.

For the time being, however, I will be appointing gcurrier as the interim president of the league, with the intention of electing someone else to run the league for the foreseeable future. Please message him if you're interested in the position, so that we can put together a list of candidates and determine who the new president will be.

Thank you all for making this league what it has become, and I know that the next president will do a phenomenal job in continuing the success we have had.

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier3
Thank you Conner for your dedication, for the work you've done on FMA both in DRUMS and in other leagues. You are an example of what great players are in this activity! Thank you also for informing us and preparing for your departure. All too often leaders have done it the wrong way, leaving everyone high and dry and ultimately killing the league. Your foresight will likely save DRUMS.

now to the election of the new president. I took this role reluctantly as I was sad to see Conner go, but also because I do not want to run another league beyond CLASS. however ti help the healthy transition, I'm willing to step in during this time. Please let me know if you are interested. We will give a few weeks into the new season to announce those who are running, then a couple of weeks campaign to hopefully end at the conclusion of next season.

Again, thank you Conner and good luck in college!! The best years of your life!
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
ThomasIsBass3
I'm back guys. I will be every other season, just read my press release, and you'll understand. :-)
BASSic Productions:
ThomasIsBass3
Also, good luck CJ!! You'll do great there man. Tell me if I should go. XD
Congrats gcurrier, you have shown though every season to be an honest and trustworthy player, and you deserve this honor, even if temporary!
BASSic Productions:
gcurrier3
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I do have some candidates for the new President of Drums position. Before i finalize these for a vote, please let me know if there is any additional interest. I will then post those who are in the running and I will give a few weeks for them to discuss why they think they are the right person for the job. Then we will have a few weeks to vote. I don't want to hurry the process, because I want to make sure that we have the right person for the job!

Thank you for allowing me to fill in temporarily for the position and I hope everyone is having an excellent season!
ThomasIsBass3
Take your time, I think you're doing a great job. Lol
Also, while you're considering presidents, consider the Battle for the PEARL comtest between DRUMS and PERC again, to liven things up here a little more. Maybe a weekly challenge then add the points up at he end? Just an idea...
BASSic Productions:
gcurrier3
sbales from Drum Machine has stepped forward interested in the DRUMS President position.

I welcome her to state to us a few reasons why she feels he would be the next great President of DRUMS!
ThomasIsBass3
Woo!
BASSic Productions:
sbales
Hello everyone! I'm Stephanie Bales. I'm female lol, but no problem for the mix up gcurrier. Behind a screen and without an introduction, it's difficult to know someone's gender.

When the position opened up, I started thinking about how to make the league great again. I want to strenghten our relationship with PERC and implement new contests to make competing with DRUMS interesting. FAME and CLASS have their "vs" contest which I want to use as a model for DRUMS and PERC.

I'm in and have been in some great leagues that have really set the standard for excellence and the standard for how a league should run. I'll take that knowledge and apply it to DRUMS. Every season I will reach out to the league for event ideas. It's important that fellow DRUM directors have a say in that and also it's important to run a league as a democracy, not a dictatorship.

Although I've never been the founder of a league, I'm ready to take on that role and continue to make the league one of the best drumline leagues on FMA, I'm active and competitive, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I have much time to dedicate myself to DRUMS. Becoming the next president would be an honor.

I'm Stephanie Bales and I approve this message.

sbales
woo! lol That's who TIB :-P
gcurrier3
I apologize regardless for the assumption!!! Unfortunately, this is such a heavily male dominated sight, I jumped to conclusion!
gcurrier3
Great message by the way! I have only two questions myself. As the President, what do you feel your first course of action should be should you find that real life is now getting in the way with your duties? It happens to the best of us! Second, what would your plan be for posting DRUMS sponsored events including championship, the largest actual responsibility of the President. What time frame should those events be posted?
sbales
I hope that it never happens, but if real life gets in the way, the right thing to do to keep DRUMS alive is to pass the torch to someone willing and worthy of the job, even if it's only temporary until I can return. I've been affected by founders disappearing and quite frankly that's rude and totally unfair to everyone. It's not hard to give the league a headsup about what's happening.

I've learned that league events are very essential to keep the league thriving and many groups apply to events quickly the night of the season change. Like many of the leagues that I'm in, I plan to have league events posted no later than day 1 of the season. Most likely events will be posted the evening the season changes over.

gcurrier3
You have my vote!
sbales
yay!!! that's 1. I'm anxious to see how everyone else votes.
gcurrier3
um...my inbox appears to be broken! not sure about anyone else