Login Create Account
PERC Chat
PERC
Our doors are open to all drumlines interested. Send a message to myself or leave a comment in our thread. Whether you're experienced or new, we definitely have the atmosphere for you!
PERC....the only serious choice
PERC
Challenge for the PEARL will be back next season. We may also include a drumline battle type event into this also.
PERC
Welcome to Bluemen Drumline to PERC. Feel free to ask most anything in here. Glad to have you.
Kiwidrummer
Welcome to our newest member, 8&In Percussion.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kiwidrummer
How many competitions would you guys want per week next season? One or two? Or more depending on how the schedule pans out? We will always have our opening day comp and championships on the final day. There will be no less than one a week though.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Calling all past and present PERC and even PEARL members. Get active. Join the league. If you're already here, enter the competitions. See ya this season.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Welcome to our newest member Wagyu Beats. Wagyu Beats is a past DIV III World Champion and last season's Div III FMA World Champion. We look forward to the level of competition that they will bring to the league.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
It is with great honor to welcome Knights Drumline to PERC. Our shared values are no doubt an excellent fit as we look forward to growing PERC back i to the premier drumline league it once and always will be. Again, welcome.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
New things are coming for this league. I am in the process of designing a website for PERC. It will be a home-base for all PERC members, as well as any drumline directors interested in our league. It will start small, only to grow as ideas develop. I already have a direction in mind, though any suggestions will more than likely be incorporated. I'm hoping to include members, events, standings, records, history, etc. I'm also considering member profile pages, space permitting. It will be WordPress based and we have a total of 3gb space. What are your guys thoughts on this?
Jim Helsel
corndogshuffle
Sounds cool! Can I get a league invite?
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
21x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-119
Kiwidrummer
Hey corndogshuffle. Invite just sent. Welcome to PERC.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Hey everyone. I've sent a message to everyone, but thought I'd put it here also, to allow non members a peak into what we have planned. I want to touch base and say welcome to PERC. We have some serious talent in our league, with 4 D1 lines holding down top 12 rankings, including the number 2 and 3 spots, which look to be a tight battle all season. One top 12 ranking in D2, though who could complain? Holding down the top spot with a 5 point margin is quite impressive. And ranking in at #9 in D3 gives us top 12 representation across all three divisions. Slowly, yet surely, we will grow our D3 and D2 lines. Hopefully we can maintain an even balance of lines to compete against.

Ok, I have 2 issues I'd like to resolve as quickly as possible.

First, PERC's other 2 BoD's have been absentee for quite a while. For now, they will remain on the Bod's due to the roots of our league. In stating that, we need a few more active members on our BoD's. Responsibilities are really light. Basically, invite new lines, especially when asked for an invite. We do value quality over quantity, and look for effort and participation with new members. Everything grows from the grassroots, so new D3 and D2 members are just as important and seasoned vets. And overall, just be friendly and helpful when in the chatroom. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email.

Second, I'd like input on changing what PERC stands for. Currently it's Pearl Ensembles Reunited for the Challenge. PERC was established in season 47, with a specific identity. We have a long and storied history which will always be recognized. Times have changed though and I feel the time has come that we need to make this OUR league now. After all, I may be the only active former Pearl line here. Here is what I'd like to do, though if you have a suggestion, give it to me. Ok, I'm looking at changing PERC to Percussion Ensembles Reaching (?) for the Challenge (?) Championship (?) What are your guys thoughts? Personally, PERC just does not really identify with Pearl as far as our active membership stands.

On a last note. I am in the process of designing and building a website for PERC, which could possibly be a great home-base for info and fun. Any thoughts/or suggestions will be appreciated. Will provide more info as it develops.

Looking forward to great things.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Working towards newer and greater experiences for the future. PERC is on the move making this your league, about you.
Jim Helsel
PERC
Hmmm....having a bit of trouble changing the name. I'll figure it out though....

Jim