Login Create Account
Challenge for the PEARL: DRUMS vs. PERC
cjbuckley1997
So this is the thread for a DRUMS vs. PERC event, much like the successful FLAG vs. ROTC event from several seasons ago.

Since I first pitched the idea, I'll host the first show in Season 50, and then we can rotate it from league to league every season. Who's down?
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier3
I'm in
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
Kiwidrummer
I'm in. We need to discuss some basic guidelines. Basically no quota per division. Open entry to all league members of DRUMS or PERC.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
cjbuckley1997
Basically the same as the one for guard, equal number of groups in each league. I can make it a 30 member show easily, and then the date and logics

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
ThomasIsBass3
Are we gonna do the thing for allowing other groups in to fill space as needed that compete as an independent entity? If it doesn't fill up with just our groups.
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
CTrain
I'm down
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
cjbuckley1997
Thomas I think that would be a good idea, but make a waiting list similar to masters

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
ThomasIsBass3
Yeah, it would be a thing to do if the event isn't completely filled.
BASSic Productions:
cjbuckley1997
So for the points system, I came up with something a little different from the guard event. What do you think?

1st: 20 points
2nd: 16 points
3rd: 13 points
4th: 9 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 4 points
8th: 3 points
9th or lower: 2 points

Additionally, there will be 1 bonus point available for every caption in each division. I'm open to suggestions for improving the system though if you guys would like

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Stradivarius
I'll be down for this. Gonna hopefully be competitive next season as well anyways so might as well join the fun.
12 years later
Kiwidrummer
Points systems sounds good. We need some hosting guidelines for Challenge for the PEARL - DRUMS vs PERC. I like how Masters does its selection. Spread it around. Alternate league hosts. Help newer lines to build up some bank. The title will never change. Host has right of location. Must have ability to host 25 lines. DRIMS/PERC lines accepted first. Always on the Saturday of 4th week? Or Sunday of Finals Week?

Jim Helsel
cjbuckley1997
I think that it should preferably be 30 lines, just because as the leagues grow it could expand to 15 versus 15, but if a host can't do 30 25 could work too. And I honestly I think we should to it the 4th Saturday of the season, because I know CTrain usually hosts his shows on that last Sunday. And what would the waiting period be for independent lines? Until that first Friday of the season? That's how I did Masters this season

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
ThomasIsBass3
Strad... Omg...

Would two events be okay? One hosted by perc at the beginning of the season, then one by drums at the end and rotate each season?
BASSic Productions:
MrsRomo
I'm down with this
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Stradivarius
I have an idea! How about a separate show that is not a part of the FMA schedule? It is done purely on stats of the members that choose to attend the championship show for their own league. The championship show for both DRUMS and PERC will be on the last day of regular season competitions. Just put the information into an excel doc and boom you have more power than ever over how the competition scoring works.
12 years later
echstrumpet8
Like the theoretical CLASS Championships from seasons past, Strad?
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
CTrain
I'm cool with whatever day this happens. I can always find a different day for my shows if I need to. I like Strads idea about the spreadsheet.

Is this a one show deal or are we having people host DRUMS vs PERC events throughout the season? If not then there's my idea.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
cjbuckley1997
Maybe we could do a combination of both? The PEARL Series it could be called. Have one combined event hosted by one league early on, a second combined show like week three or so, and then have the spreadsheet for the champions. Add the scores together and crown a champion. I thrive with this so I wouldn't be concerned with too much work any time soon. In the end though, it's whatever we agree upon

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Alright so do we know what we're gonna do with this? If we're gonna have actual events for this it would be good to get it done soon so people's schedules don't fill up

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Kiwidrummer
I personally think simplicity is the key for now til we gauge the success and longevity of this. One show, one name, same day every season. Start small, let it grow. Rotating the host league every season. PEARL was a great league, and as one of the founding members, I'd like to see it's legacy continued without being clouded.
Jim Helsel