Login Create Account
DCI Chamionships
azsxw
Although I haven't been that intensely consumed with DCI as much as I have been in past years I must say I am excited to see if the Blue Coats pull off the championship. Do you think well see the Blue devils creep there way into first like last year?
write music. Play music. Love music.
theamazing1
Honestly, while it'd make me so happy to see bloo win a championship, I have a feeling BD is gonna pull through with a third consecutive championship. Either way I'll be happy, these corps are on fire this year. I also wouldn't rule out crown and scv just yet.
I think BD is gonna pull it off cause usually, with their luck, their best run is their last
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
cjbuckley1997
The thing about the Bluecoats and Blue Devils is that they both have a winning show. Overall, what sets them above the rest is the visual design, in introducing a major vertical element into the show and basically changing the staging into a unique look, with the ramps and the backdrops, respectively.

Seeing the Blue Devils live, the hornline is ridiculously loud, probably the loudest in DCI. The visual design is so intricate in the choreography, and the picture that the show paints is so unique and beautiful, I expect them to win best visual. The Bluecoats definitely have a lot more wow factor though, and the show just pops a lot more. It's a very ambitious design, and everything sort of pops. Personally, I think the Bluecoats have the better design by a little bit, but it's just gonna be who comes out better on Saturday. I also think it's a good sign for the Bluecoats that they swept the regional shows this year, but the Blue Devils were within .05 last night.

As for Crown, I think that they lost some of the effect with their changed ending, it doesn't flow as well imo. But still the show is very good, and I don't see them falling lower than third. And visually, the only real vertical element is the stagecoach, and it doesn't drastically alter the staging. I do think, however, this is their best designed show since 2013, and the tangible story arc is a really good way to do the show. I just don't think they're quite at the level of the top 2, and they have a good third place show this year.

So there's my overly technical take on this weekend, but you never know what's gonna happen until Saturday night. I definitely know who I'm rooting for though!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
theamazing1
I also wouldn't rule out Crown and scv just yet...
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
ThomasIsBass3
Who thought Academy would shoot up into the Top 12 like they did? They really put Boston and Madison in a position they haven't been recently because they make finals every year usually!
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
cjbuckley1997
I honestly think there's 14 finals corps this year, but there's only those 12 spots, so 2 really good corps are gonna be on the outside looking in

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
azsxw
also look at those open class corps like Guardians making finals the first year they attended the open class championships.
ThomasIsBass3
Woo! Grow Drum corps!
Did anyone see BDB's 3 point jump from open finals to world prelims?
BASSic Productions:
corndogshuffle
Really hope Bluecoats pull out the win. They've been knockin' on the door for a long time and it would be cool to see a brand new champion. Plus, their show is rad.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
RedEastMovement
If y'all watched DCI Big Loud Live 13 last night, I hope everyone saw the trumpet soloist's little wink as the camera left him. I've never seen more savvy drum corps members anywhere else but the Bluecoats :D
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
cjbuckley1997
I didn't see it live, but I saw videos. Reminds me of 2014 in the drum feature, where after the tenor break, one of the tenors just gives a little nod to the crowd like "sup." And stuff like that is why the Bluecoats are one of the best corps in DCI

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
ThomasIsBass3
That's when you know you're good. Lol
BASSic Productions:
cjbuckley1997
It's a thing tonight I think. The Academy soloist blew a kiss and the Crossmen soloist gave a little wave. Pretty cool I think

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Kiwidrummer
Lol, soloists have been doing this in DCA since the early 80s. Still cool though

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
theamazing1
For the first time of me being aware of dci, the Madison Scouts is not making it to finals... Wowza
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
corndogshuffle
Both Blue Devils and Bluecoats would be deserving champions. I'd rather see Bluecoats pull it off (for a number of reasons) but either group will have earned it.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
cjbuckley1997
I don't ever remember seeing it this close, it's literally a toss up between the top 3. Crown's new ending impressed me a lot more tonight, and I cannot wait to see who pulls it out tomorrow. For the first time since I became a fan (other than 2014 when it was obvious) I would be okay with the Blue Devils winning, even though I'm rooting for the Bluecoats (who seemed like they had some issues tonight.) I'm also really glad that the Academy made finals, but I'm a bit disappointed the Scouts didn't get in, I really loved their show. Congrats to Boston though, as well as all of the performing corps and members!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier
Live Bluecoats impress me SO MUCH MORE. the only reason they aren't winning by more is the unfounded love affair the judges have for the lack of marching and "artistic impression" of BD...that being said Crown almost beat them and very well tonight. Bluecoats better win or the vast majority of fans are going to question the integrity of judging, YET AGAIN
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ThomasIsBass3
What if SCV pulled off a miracle and jumped 2 points to win? I know it won't happen, but that would be awesome. XD

Also, after 30 members being sick this week, look how well Phantom is doing right now! They're sitting in 8th with almost 90 points!
BASSic Productions:
azsxw
yeah the fact scouts didn't make it in kinda disappoints but, I've been telling my friends since 2013 Academy is gonna get really good in the next 5 years. how hilarious would it have been had BDB made finals they were pretty close for an open class core, that being said I'm not degrading open class it's just the skill level and the output is amazing.