Login Create Account
Loss of interest
Hey everyone. I feel that this game is losing interest. when I first joined there were over 800 people active. Now, there are a little over 300 people active now. Im judging right now on whether I should stop playing this game or not. Im losing revenue from tournaments since there is not enough people out there to fill up my tournaments. Im seriously considering canceling any future tournaments that I have in mind. My percussion league is almost out of money and there are very few loyal members who actually stay active. Please give me advice on what I should do or if it better to ultimately just stop playing.

Thank you,

Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R
Stradivarius
If you want to see.the site stay alive, quitting will.only kill it faster. Just stick.with it and be smart about event dates. Recruit for your drumline league. You'll get there. Just gotta be patient my friend.
12 years later
gcurrier
I would also add that while weve had hundreds playing sometimes weve not had all those people actively playing, i.e. involved not just practicing. I think we should work to boost the action and people enjoy it more.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Amen gary
12 years later
theamazing1
Yeah, ever since the multiple accounts scandal, this site has gone downhill.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
TrumpetVinny
I think it stagnated because there's nothing new to do. Like at all. The game hasn't changed in years and nothing looks to be on the horizon. There's not really any strategy since everything you do happens in a vacuum and once you figure out the optimal rehearsal strategy, you just have to rehearse. It becomes just a chore.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
theamazing1
Wouldn't it be cool if you could design drill and music on this site? That'd be a blast. This site would have more then 10k users by now.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
theamazing1
Every DCI fan's dream: Make a video game franchise for DCI like Madden or Fifa
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
iRyzoh
*coughs* update! wait wut?
e
TrumpetVinny
http://micromarching.com/
TrumpetVinny
And personally I don't think it'd be that popular even if you could design music and drill. As someone who is intimately acquainted with Pyware, actually making shows takes a lot of time if you wanna make something decent.
Stradivarius
Yeah... We just need to have an active admin team.woeking on improving this site. Otherwise it's gonna die. 100%
12 years later
mceuph
For me, part of the fun is designing the shows with the music and imagining it all in my head.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
TrumpetVinny
I used to enjoy that, but it's hard to keep coming up with really good show ideas every 6 weeks.
TrumpetVinny
Especially since I'm not really involved in the marching arts anymore, so I'm not exposed to all that stuff all the time.
MrBroek007
My first post, hi everyone. For me it's hard to get excited when there is no competition. What I mean is, I'm too good for division 2, but still would get killed in division 1. When I play, I play and rehearse my ass off, but I feel that it's not worth it cause I'm either going to win, or get killed lol. So maybe the answer is finding a way to re-structure the divions and put people where they belong. Maybe based on how much they log in and rehearse instead of influence or previous accomplishments. Some people in division 1 would play and rehearse more if they were put in division 2 so they had a chance. I think division 1 should only be for the elite (just like real life). Think about it, the bottom of 1, stops rehearing or trying cause they know they don't stand a chance. My vote to keep people playing is to come up with a better system to structure the divions. Would love some feedback on this. 😄
Stradivarius
That may or may not work, and it'd require us to have more than say, 80 total people using the website each season (80.5x4=322 groups active [this season]).

The site basically needs a complete overhaul. The current system will eventually allow groups with enough influence to start out with 100s if the site lives that long.

That being said, a cool thought for influence would be to have it be based on your past 3 seasons instead of a set number that can increase by a permanent amount infinitely. Also change the algorithm of how influence effects shows and starting score. (AKA a massive overhaul to several main functionalities of the game).
12 years later
MrBroek007
Even if only 80 play, can we get them in the right division? Not sure the answer to that. Right now the top of div 1 and 2.... and I guess 3... (it's a c account of mine cause I was so bored thought it might have some competition, but nope lol.) is running things. Can the the bottom of 1 drop to 2 so there is a legit fight. And then save 1 for the top. Like you Strat, Gary.... and so on. I think I will be there soon (hopefully). I'm saying div 2 could be more prestige if the bottom of 1 was dropped and had a chance. Keep 3 the same, an into level. Just like wgi.... which I've dealt with for years, don't go world til you're really ready. Lol. I guess I wish I had more comp in 2 before I make the plunge to 1.
MrBroek007
I agree with the past 3 seasons thing. How do we make that work? Seems like Alex is out now. Is there a way to have us (someone willing) to take over and run the site to make some updates?
theamazing1
It's gotta be Alex that makes any changes. He has the master key.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard