Login Create Account
Future of the Game
Hi everyone,
As you may know, this game is turning 8 years old in a few weeks. That being said, nothing about this game has changed. Now a days, I see people making accounts that last for about a day before going inactive forever. I truly feel that something needs to change because the game is slowly declining in its number of consistently active members. I project that the game will be down to less than 100 players before 2020. Something must be done. Is anybody else on the same page as me?
Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R
Duffin
Hello, newcomer here. I am not even a month into my experience, and I am having a blast with this game. I am excited to learn and master it. But I do see how the game can get dull immediately after you have nothing more to do than spend energy. It would be awesome to see game features expanded upon for you older players but as a Newbie, I am having a ton of fun. I do see what you mean though, new accounts are made and barely any progress is made at all on them, never to be logged back into again. It's a problem, but maybe something great is approaching.
Founder of Marching Music's Finest, A new Marching Band League experience!

Banditos
Bandito Cadets
Skeleton Cliquettes
Josh Dunners
Stradivarius
I miss this game. I also greatly miss the community. A live chat would probably help (which has been brought up before several times I believe).
12 years later
iRyzoh
I strongly agree! I’m going to be honest, I have gotten bored of this game and have been inactive for a while now. This really is a great game, it could just use some updates! By the way, a live chat does sound like a great idea.
e
TrumpetVinny
I actually still like FMA 1.0 better. This one is too time consuming. And yeah, at a certain point it becomes boring. No updates. Nothing really encourages creativity.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Someone should contact Alex about having updates. And a live chat.
Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R
iRyzoh
I actually wasn’t here for 1.0. This is the only version of the game I have ever seen lol
e
TheHuman
If this game was updated, significantly updated, we could see a lot more people playing. I know a lot of people liked this game from NYSFBC in 2009-2013. I'm part of a forum for it, if it was I could very easily advertise it.
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
gcurrier
I think as shown above to new players, it should be still pretty fresh but after awhile the only goal left is to get 100 and don't get me started on how broken guard is. The issue is, we've talked about change for years and about 20 seasons but the support is no longer there. I'm thankful don't get me wrong that Alex keeps it going, but I don't think he has time or desire to make changes, sometimes when we would go down before it would be days and we thought it might never come back

So if we want changes we might need to start a new one which had also been discussed
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
sia98aidil98
If we are going to start a new one I'm in! I really do like this game but its starting to get a little monotonous. Really hope something happens soon!
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
gcurrier
do we know of anyone that has the knowledge? I think we have a lot of great ideas just not sure we have the knowledge to build it. We might have to pay someone which I dont mind assisting with but would depend on the cost or how we handle that cost. I cant imagine what we have now even is free

sia98aidil98
http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3930/2#here

Not sure if it helps but cire was interested in doing something a while back
gcurrier
I wonder where he is with that

Stradivarius
Probably still in the projects he'll never get to folder :/
12 years later
gcurrier
thats my fear

hellomynameis347
He needs to get it out and start working on it soon
Lone Star Crusaders
Pride of Piney Woods
Lone Star Drumline
Spartan Marching Band

Pronouns: He/They
theamazing1
to be fair, nobody is really obligated to do anything lol. If he wants to do it, its kinda on his own free will. We all lead busy lives, stuff like this sight or the making of a sight like this one is kinda one of those “on your free time" things that most of us don't really have much of.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
sia98aidil98
True dat, looks like it's our move now :/
TheHuman
The lead moderator is gone (aaron). 4/6 of the moderators are gone. There's really not much left sadly. It really sucks when a once popular website loses major popularity. My marching band's circuit (NYSFBC) had an unofficial forum and had hundreds of people active each day. Now, every day around 5 people are active, and they are always the same five people.
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
JoelKelley
I think more visual stuff. I used to play a game called NationStates and I think, while keeping the fundamentals and everything that we do here in place, add some of the interfacing and visuals as they have. Also some frivolities. Like maybe say a "Band Encyclopedia" for each player where they can write about and upload photos of their shows, uniforms, and anything really.

Let us perhaps choose our marching style. Instrumentation levels.

Also perhaps somehow linking up like with Micro Marching or somehow to make the shows visual as well. But definitely add more visuals like NationStates and please.... update the colors.
Here is a link to NationStates to see what I mean: <www.nationstates.net>

If you'll like any other ideas please message me.
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph