Login Create Account
Season 74: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc.
TheHuman
General Discussion thread for this season.

Really excited for this season. In the past two seasons, each of my groups have done about $200,000 and more of staff upgrades. Think my guard might break 90!
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
Mikiepie
I'm also really excited, in my first full season I made 2 Div 3 Championships and 2 Div 3 silver medals. I'm hoping to break 75 this season.
JoeBraeuner
I’m pumped for this season too! This season, I’m hoping to tie the DI drum corps record for consecutive titles at 4
Father Ryan Color Guard - 6x DI gold; 18x DI finalist
Father Ryan Drumline - 5x DI gold; 17x DI finalist
Father Ryan Band - 5x DI gold; 14x DI finalist
Nashville Sound - 5x DI gold; 13x DI finalist
oumondragon
hey y'all its been a hot minute, my marching band season is finally over so now I'm not stressing about that. Let's see if I can get back into this game or not.
oumondragon
Minutemen Drum & Bugle Corps
Legacy Regiment
Sapphire Independent
Blue Thunder Percussion
TheHuman
Holy crap my band guard and drumline are all in division 1
TheHuman
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
Mikiepie
Ayy I made it into div 2 for all my groups
JoelKelley
HALLELUJAH! My marching band incredibly has made Div. 1. This is very strange as I have not even placed in the top 3 in Finals for marching band ever!
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
TheHuman2
Tbh.... D2 this season is going to be a lot like S67 where groups score 77 and get a silver medal. Thats how I got medals my first D2 year lol.
TheHuman2
So what's everyones predictions for this season or for tomorow?

My color guard will most likely be at or around 70. My "raw score" last season was a 65 before another batch of fundraising (Around $50K)

My marching band will probably be upper 60s, potentially 70s (I have done LOADS of fundraising the past 3 seasons for my band so this is a wild card). The raw score was a 59 before +$100K upgrades

My drum corps will probably be 60s to upper 60s. Also very uncertain

My drumline is uncertain because a.) I have a lot of fundraising and b.) I actually don't have a single clue on how drumline works both irl and in FMA lmao (I play sax and clarinet). But the raw score was actually higher than my corps. (57)

For the rest of the season, it is very likely my guard will break 90 and definitely a possibility my band could too; if not,high 80s. Looking at scores for D1 last year makes me fell I have a good shot at finals.
mceuph
My drum corps will start in the mid 70s most likely.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
rboneseveneight
Drum Corps / Band: 69-70

Drumline: 75-77

Guard: 80-82
Galaxy Percussion / Galaxy Guard / Galaxy Regiment / Mt. Juliet HS Band of Gold
JoelKelley
I don’t even have a prediction. Probably all somewhere abouts 57 pts
H. Kelley

CTrain
maybe upper 70s low 80s
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
TheHuman
Really happy with all my groups!!!

Color Guard was a little higher than I expected. I am in the top 12 and considering the fact I usually pull ahead near the end of the season and jump a few spots makes me feel really optimistic.

Drumline really surprised me. I'm in twelth place and it looks like I'll break the record for highest score with that group by the end of week 4.

Marching band is what I expected. In 10th place.

I am very excited about drum corps!!! My drum corp is in 3rd place. There is only a .62 gap seperating the top 3!!! We'll have to see how much each corp goes up each week. Regardless of my placement in the top 3, I think its safe to say I have 3rd secured. 4th is 8 points lower.
TheHuman
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
StampedeStetson
All my groups moved up to div. 2 this season. My drum corps is 10th, colourguard is 8th, and Drumline is 6th. What I'm really excited about is that my marching band is currently 3rd! I think I can proudly say that I have one of the fastest growing organizations in FMA.

Also, when scheduling my colourguard and drumline shows, I accidentally forgot to change the date, so they were the first day. I also had really expensive tickets for them. The colourguard competition filled up and profited, but the percussion competitions was an organizational embarrassment.
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
JoelRKelley
Okay, oh well.... I can’t seem to figure out the password to my original account.... therefore.... I have a second one.... yay! At least the accepts for the masters are finished.
Joel Kelley,
Director of New Prairie Bands
JoelKelley
Okay!!! Fixed! Found it... idk it must have been a personal server issue yesterday.
H. Kelley

TheHuman
It has been one year since I first joined FMA, so glad I joined and stuck to it!! I remember getting so excited breaking 50, now I have most of my groups in Division 1 and one group looking at a possible first place!
TheHuman
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
JoeBraeuner
Congrats on the anniversary!! Glad you stuck with it
JoeBraeuner
Oh shoot, TheHuman’s post reminded me that I missed my 5 year anniversary on FMA this past Sunday! (Sorry for the double post)