Login Create Account
Season 75: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc.
TheHuman
General Discussion thread for this season. Good luck everyone!
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
JoelKelley
I have a good feeling about this year! I’m hoping to finally get my first Championship Title! Though I need help if someone can, This year I want to have the Corps Name that will be permanent and I could use some help with ideas.
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
Saxman99
I'm excited for this season. I think the competition will be better. My goal is to break the top five in division 1 drum corps.
E1T1
Rich
My goal is for my percussion and marching group to be in the top 5 at the end of the season. My other two groups are fundraising this season.
Director of Lynx performance ensembles
TheHuman
I hope to have a successful season as I chose maximum difficulty for my groups. Near the end of last season I was suffering growth wise, barely going up half a point a day so hope it helps. I was at like 70 percent difficulty last season.

This season I'm pretty sure my band and corp will break 90, and my guard could reach 95. My drumline one the other hand, hopefully will reach 85.
TheHuman
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
StampedeStetson
I accidentally filled my schedule for my drumline, drum corps, and colourguard, so I can't attend my own shows.

Also, my marching band league appears to have gone inactive. There's no shows and I'm having trouble finding events that still have space.
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
JoelKelley
Well, sorry as to the events that don’t have space. Last season participation was down so I hosted smaller invites this year. I will have space for your next year. As to the inactivity of your league... all members are listed as “inactive” until the first day of the competitive season which will be this coming Sunday.
H. Kelley

JoelKelley
FINALLY!!!!! I found names that I actually like! Spirit of Gold Drum Corps and Golden Sound Drum Corps (the Cadet Corps)
H. Kelley

Mrdoctorprofessor
I'm kinda heated that all my groups are div 2. Why is it that not a single person in div 2 moved up? My drumline beat everyone in div 2 as a div 3 but still is stuck at a div 2. My theory is that you had to get a 90 to be a div 1.
rboneseveneight
It depends on the number of players here and returning players. We're in high season for returning, high scoring players right now. Plus, since there's the less drumline groups then every other type of group, there's going to be less drumlines in D1.
Galaxy Percussion / Galaxy Guard / Galaxy Regiment / Mt. Juliet HS Band of Gold
TheHuman
Drumline is back in D2. Its good in a way bc I was suffering in D1 but I beat the first place last year by quite a bit which is unfair.

Mrdoctorprofessor, you can't jump up two divisions a season. Also, moving up to D1 with low 80s/high 70s would put you at the bottom of D1 which wouldn't be great
TheHuman
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
jfiall
Edit: Actually, I think this season will be alright for me.
Atlantic Beach Phoenix Regiment: 1x bronze
Windermere Wolverine Marching Band: 1x champion
Santa Rosa Island Winter Guard: 1x champion
Lake Weir Indoor Percussion: 1x bronze
Rich
Super proud of my band and colorguard for making division 2 after. I'm a little bit nervous though.
JoelKelley
Alrighty ladies and gents... here we go!
H. Kelley

StampedeStetson
My groups are off to a bit of a rough start. Guess that's what I get for being away from home the entirety of preseason.

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
TheHuman
My groups did pretty well. They all are doing a little bit better than last season. Hoping to go up more than last season.
TheHuman
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
JoelKelley
I’d hoped to be extremely competitive this season and finally win my first division championship however a series of illnesses kept me missing sporadic practice times, while trying to keep on top of schoolwork. The doctor yesterday finally came to the conclusion that I have Chronic Tonsilitis which has kept me in a state of semi-illness for most of my life apparently (its wonderful that with modern medicine no one could have told me this years ago haha). Yesterday I simply missed all of my rehearsals due to the surgery scheduling to finally remove me of my problems.

My apologies to everyone in Div. 2 that I couldn’t be as competitive this year as last year but after the surgery they are requiring I take a week off of school to rest and recover (unfortunately that means almost three weeks that I can’t actually play an instrument). I will see if I can build back this season then while I prep for the next season! Next season we will be back and be back strong! Look out Div. 2 in season 76!
H. Kelley

StampedeStetson
I hope you get better soon, JoelKelley!

I also have been having sporadic rehearsals this season as well, and I'm not as competitive as last season. My guard is still on the verge of medalling though, somehow.

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
StampedeStetson
I hope you get better soon, JoelKelley!

I also have been having sporadic rehearsals this season as well, and I'm not as competitive as last season. My guard is still on the verge of medalling though, somehow.

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Rich
It's probably just me but it feels like the season is going by fast.