Login Create Account
Season 99: Discussion, Rankings, Competitions, Etc.
lemon
Special show events hosted by FMA, kind of like how championships work except they took place during the season instead of at the end. I think generally there would be 1 per week and up to 50 groups could join. Sadly though they haven't been a thing for a very, very long time
Lemony fresh!
Karaline
That's what I had assumed but I wanted clarification.

On a completely different note, what are some good stats for my drum corps for before this contest season officially starts? Currently in div 3 and looking to have some crushing stats lol
JordanCostag
Wow, it's funny that you bring up regional events. I think the last FMA-hosted, non-finals event might've actually been in the first week of my first season, Season 76. It was called FMA Indianapolis and only 9 groups joined.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/47955
10th Regiment
lemon
Woah! I didn't know there was one that recently, that's pretty cool
Lemony fresh!
TheHuman
Hey everyone! I used to be active here a while ago, haven't been active since 2019 or so. I forgot how much fun it is so I hope to return fully this season. It wasn't too long ago but it does seem quite different from when I started, notably the leagues which were massive then but much smaller now. Its good to see lots of new accounts! I hope marching arts making a comeback after most things were canceled last year brings more people into here. Also, I think I started the each season discussion posts around season 70 glad to see it was kept up in my wake haha
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
lemon
Welcome back!
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
Karaline, I don't exactly remember what stats I had back in my div3 days but I remember that in my early D2 days I would aim to get above 5k in all categories and shoot for 10k in winds and perc(To clarify these stats were for before the first comp). Now I basically shoot for 15k in all of them but that change is entirely due to staff and influence.
Legacy DBC
JMike18
So I was curious on the FMA Regionals and found out my marching band won Division 3 for that last contest. My guard got 3rd in Division 2.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
cawheat
w/b!!!
Wakasagihime21
On an unrelated note, could someone apply CPR to DTG? Thanks 🥲
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
lemon
Man, if only...
Lemony fresh!
JoelKelley
New drum corps invitational on Nov. 6th!
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
Karaline
What is the best way to reherse? I've just been working each category up by 1000 individually and repeating the list. Is there a better way to be doing things?
lemon
That's actually been my exact strategy. It's worked pretty well for me in the 9 seasons I've been here so I say keep going!
Lemony fresh!
Karaline
Sweet! I just wanted to see if anyone else had any other strategies as well!
Karaline
Sorry, on mobile, it posted twice D:
EchoSpark
I tend to do somewhere around one category for about 5,000, then I move on to the next but I try to be flexible. If I have a category that’s lower than the others I might jump it for a few rehearsals to boost my score some more, especially in finals week.
Legacy DBC
lemon
You're certainly being smarter about it than I am
Lemony fresh!
Karaline
How does the game decide how many people are attending your event? I assume a lot of it is just the influence of those attending
lemon
I'm pretty sure it's based entirely on the combined influence from the attending groups, which also means that bigger events will nearly always have a bigger audience
Lemony fresh!