Login Create Account
2011 Auditions
flamtap
So where is everybody thinking of auditioning?
Blaski45
I was thinking of auditioning for the Colt Cadets for snare. I have never been in a DCI corp so I think it will be fun with minimal stress!
Colts 2011 - Baritone :: Minnesota Brass 2013 - Bass 4
bando
I'm planning on going to a Phantom Regiment camp to see what its like.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
TxRaider13
Seeing as I'm an age out and former Cavy I can offer some advice for everyone. Be positive, and give everything you have everyday. Corps want to see people who not only, can play and march, but will be a positive/good fit with the corps and will put max effort into everything. So for all those who will be trying out, give'm hell.
Blaski45
Quote:
"Seeing as I'm an age out and former Cavy I can offer some advice for everyone. Be positive, and give everything you have everyday. Corps want to see people who not only, can play and march, but will be a positive/good fit with the corps and will put max effort into everything. So for all those who will be trying out, give'm hell."

Nevermind... I'm not gunna try out anymore... No happiness comes from me.
Colts 2011 - Baritone :: Minnesota Brass 2013 - Bass 4
flamtap
I'm thinking of checking out a Bluecoats camp, theres no way i can make it but it will be cool for the experience haha
katkatastrophe
I was gonna go to bluecoats for guard but there is no way I can even afford all the camp and audition fees let alone the tour fee.
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

cire
You should all check out a drum corps sponsorship site I am building (about 60% done) but it will be useful for everyone. Check it out and sign up. It's still in beta, but go ahead and check it out and join.... and it's free!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Cinman2
If you can't afford to do DCI, look for an Open Class corps or an all-age corps. Those look good on the next year's application to march. If you do an all-age corps, they normally do things during the weekends and you have time during the week of the summer to have a life and maybe even a job. This year at my corps, our age range was 14 to 48 and experience went from complete rookie to 20 + years of marching (not including teaching). It's very interesting the age range you can get in a DCA (all age).

Also, last time I checked, drum corps is drum corps no matter where you're at, you're all there because you want to be great.
Executive Director of the CAI Performing Ensembles:
Northgate Marching Band
The Generals Drum and Bugle Corps
Generals Guard
Generals Drums
Olmstead90
Probably not in 2011, but I will one day audition for Jubal in the Netherlands : D
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
TrumpetVinny
Auditioning for Bluecoats on trumpet. First drum corps audition, probably would've been smarter to go for Spirit or Music City since I'm in Tennessee, but they are my favorite and I've always wanted to be one of them. Still it's been driving me to practice harder so overall it's a good thing.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Cinman2
@Vinny, why don't you go to Spirit and Music City anyways?

@Olmstead, why not go this year? Doesn't Jubal have like 3 corps?

@katkatastrophe, why don't you go to an open class corps or all-age corps? Experience is amazing on World Class corps applications

@Flamtap, Don't down yourself like that! They might like your personality and your learning curve. Just go have fun and learn.

Northgate Marching Band
Generals Guard
Generals Drums
flamtap
Well I am currently marching DCA and loving it, a friend of mine who marched phantom gave me alot of music to practice that would come up in a DCI audition, And it was eye opening how under prepared I am haha, taking this year to prepare and save some cash to hopefully march DCI next year haha
TrumpetVinny
@Cinman Cause the Bluecoats audition is Dec 12. Spirit and Music City are earlier. The one I want the most is Bluecoats and if I made Music City or Spirit then I would not feel right about abandoning them if I made the Bluecoats. I'd feel like those commitments would have to be adhered to. My option of marching with the Bluecoats again depends on where I go to college so since this is the only year I am sure I can march them, I'm taking the risk of losing a year of DCI. But if I do get cut I will instantly take up a chance from Spirit or Music City if there's an opening.
Cinman2
You can still go to the audition camp for Spirit or Music City. It will help when you go to Bluecoats because you'll have a feel for what an audition camp will be. Also it's good to have a back-up plan for if Bluecoats fall through.

I know way to many people who go try out for that one corps and then if they don't make it, they sit on the sideline because they didn't have a back-up plan to go march somewhere else (myself included).
Northgate Marching Band
Generals Guard
Generals Drums
katkatastrophe
@cinman2 If Capital Regiment somehow becomes active this season I'll probably go for them, but other than them the only other closest DCA corps to me is in Cincy, and I live three hours away..

But we'll see what happens.
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

cire
If you are marching this coming year... http://www.helpmemarch.org check it out
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Olmstead90
@Cinman2, it's a money thing lol
Douglas Olmstead, Druids Drum & Bugle Corps Executive Director
TrumpetVinny
@Cinman

Yeah... I know. I was really disappointed that Bluecoats was so late. I still might sign onto Spirit too since they don't have any audition music for me to learn if I remember right. I cannot handle another audition piece right now.
TrumpetVinny
Cut from Bluecoats but got a contract from Music City. Looks like I'm open class this year. Not really disappointed though.