Phanfare Regiment
Shades of New Orleans
Bleu Raeders
Lambs of Destruction
Santa Rosa Sound
The Wolves
Florida Vanguard

How do I join the ECC?

Season 5 registration is over, however, to apply for season 6, just send a message to the current president, Gcurrier and that's all you need to do until about week 3. After week 3, try to check your messages and this forum topic for updates as much as possible.

- ECC Season 5 Board of Directors -

President: Gcurrier

Vice President: Animal

Prelim Director: VincentPezza

Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
bando
Which week is GCC week again?
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
week 1

animal
ECC Championships are up! I've got 3/7 so far.
aNiMaL
CLASS VP of Administration
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
HCHS Marching Tigers- 8th Div. III
HCHS Winter Guard- 6th Div. III
VincentPezza
I forgot to log out of that account! XD
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
bando
I've done that plenty of times. haha
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
If you applied for the 16th show...you will need to reapply, there was an issue

bando
That was an awkward issue. There were two of them. o.o
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
ya he said he had a computer glitch so I had him talk to Alex but honestly I have never seen that happen LOL

gcurrier
I want to present everyone with what I think is a tremendous opportunity for ECC to grow. As many of you are aware, I am also President of an organization called CLASS (Corps League Association for Superior Sight/Sound). This organization has been around since FDCI many years ago. It was started to promote HEALTHY friendly competition and confront negative corps relationships as well as boost all fantasy marching arts leagues and get members to work hard together to become pinnacle of success in the different organizations. CLASS corps have participated in and often dominated many activities including DCPI, FDCI, VCL DCPUK, Drumlines.org. IN FMA Nemesis is the only current member. However the board is in process on voting in all DCPI members corps on FMA as well. This is starting our move to become much more active within FMA as well as DCPI. What I propose here is that ECC merge with CLASS. This will allow us to grow membership and expand beyond the east coast. I have been approached so many times by corps outside of our region. I have to turn them down just because of location. Our size, shows that an organization based on region alone, struggles. CLASS would be an organization that people would fight to get into. Other than basic rules, their would be two divisions of CLASS, one for DCPI, one for FMA. I am requesting that CLASS accept all current ECC members if ECC votes to merge with CLASS. What would this change here? It would give us a much larger parent organization and support. We would no longer be regional. Other than that, in theory no changes. In reality, I think a tremendous amount opportunity for all the members. Thoughts? Questions?

bando
If the combine system had grown as expected, then I would disagree with the merge, saying that each area should claim its own members, however, because the combine system did not reach out to enough people, I agree.
Founder of the IIEA

animal
My DCPI section of Inferno is routinely spanked by CLASS corps. There's no doubting their strength. I'm all for this move, as long as we remain committed to aiding the little guy here at FMA (aka no G8-style elitist shenanigans). A few questions, G- would this merger affect my three DCPI corps? Also, is there a CLASS website? What I'm getting at is, how would this affect the site I've created for the ECC?
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
gcurrier
I agree with the elitist comment. CLASS at times have seemed like that because we do expect a certain level of commitment to the activity. With that commitment comes a certain amount of shall we say domination. However, DCPI requires some thought and dedication, but not constant interaction like FMA does. I know I have only won the last two seasons because, well I was obsessed. I think expecting everyone to fit into that mold season after season here is simply not possible. However, in your own way (whatever that may be) there should be a perceived value added if that makes sense. (as an aside thats one of my main issues with G8, you cant tell me that Boston, Blue Knights, Glassmen, Madison and many more dont add to the activity a GREAT deal.)

I would ultimately like to see all CLASS corps be a CLASS corps in both activities. However, if we are going to run two distinct divisions, then I think its possible that a director could PICK to be part of CLASS in say FMA, but not DCPI and certainly some directors do not choose to participate in both anyway.

CLASS website? no--your website could potentially become THE CLASS website if your interested. I actually have wanted one for a long time and want to make sure your work gets recognized.

gcurrier
and bando I agree. If the combine had succeed in the growth we had expected Id say leave it alone.

animal
Ha, kiss individual member pages goodbye, but I think I could make that happen. We may need a CLASS Webmaster position. Maintaining a site for both groups seems like a workload worthy of its own position.

The reason I asked about my DCPI groups is because I personally don't think they're at the level of the corps that usually earn acceptance into CLASS. This makes me think there should be some kind of performance-based condition for acceptance. Acceptance for CLASS could go something like:

FMA- show upward growth (fairly straightforward; it's pretty easy to tell who is dedicated with all the stat breakdowns here). Automatic membership for anyone who's put themselves through DCPI a few times :P. For anyone else, we could just do an overall review of the corps' progress since joining FMA. This basically excludes first-year FMA corps, but how else can we gather data for review?

DCPI- this one has to be more performance based, simply because it's us mooching off of DCI scores (ESPECIALLY in the off-season, where I have yet to figure out how to even set up a spreadsheet like the ones you guys always talk about). I'm sure you have figured out your way of judging worth there, so there isn't really much else to say.
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
bando
I've never even been to DCPI so, I'll leave that to you two.
Founder of the IIEA

VincentPezza
I feel stupid. What is DCPI?
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
animal
Drum Corps Planet's fantasy drum corps league. During the summer, it uses live DCI scores (pick one corps per caption). During the winter, we pick a range of seasons to use (06-10 for the current winter) and pick captions using those scores.
aNiMaL
Member of IIEA

Inferno- 21st Div. I
Rhythm Q- 3rd Div. III
gcurrier
you guys should both check it--great group over there...its funny because on one hand requires less involvement as far as picking corps and let it go---adjusting is up to you...but there is a lot more socializing and corps "fantasizing" there i feel. some GREAT friends have come from dcpi.

gcurrier
and animal...if you join class maybe ill share my famous spreadsheet! wahaha