Login Create Account
FMA North-East Conference Discussion
bando
Good idea. Although, I don't think we have that many people from Canada and Europe, so I would just add them into the New England region.

Names maybe be:
For Y - Dixie? Southern?
For X - Middle? Central?

EDIT: Thanks for checking the states and groups of the people that were interested so far. =D

And I did a double take when I saw England.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
tomcat3008
i think the norhteast should be east of missippi river
tomcat3008
and the east finals should be in buffalo,ny
tomcat3008
or semifinals should be in toronto,on and finals in buffalo,ny
bando
Well, the boundary is pretty much already set since Ohio is in the Mid-West one. We haven't discussed anything about the finals competition, so we can decide that as a group.

Also, if you notice there is a link that says "edit" to the left of the time you posted, click that instead of using multiple posts.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
Ok, so three regions

Northern: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Canada, Europe
Central: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island
Southern: Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware

**Update**

As for corps expressing interest in this Combine/Union

Eagle Regiment (D2) - Pennsylvania
Riptide (D3) - Virginia
Modern Antic (D2) - New Jersey
Perception (D1) - England
Dunkirk Patriots (D2) - New York

Director of Riptide, Tidal Force, Tsunami, and Waverunners
bando
Quite an area we got here!
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
Personally, if we were to do the region idea, I think that Europe should be in the southern region. It evens out the number of states/areas in each region and I am a little biased because I attend school in Virginia.
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

bando
Well, right now I am thinking we should wait to see how many people are sign up for each region and then go from there. Right now, Europe is the only one with the Northern Region. The Central Region has the most (3) and then you are the southern region.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
@Silversun268 I didn't even realize they were uneven thank you for pointing that out. I go to school in Virginia too, and I wouldn't want the southern part to be unbalanced from the rest of the Combine

Yeah that makes sense, so something like this:

Northern: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Canada
Central: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island
Southern: Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, Europe

bando
I don't know if it matters what the number of states in each region are. If there are twenty people in the Central Region, and only 2 in the northern, then something has to be moved. We only get a problem if the 20 are all from the same state.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
I was thinking more for the competition spread, I know DCI corps host shows in states other than where they are from. Having an even spread will make it so before a state can get a second competition every other state can have one, before doubling up. That way it will be fair to everyone, just a thought.
bando
True.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
We could set it up the schedule like this:

Week 1: Outer Edges of Southern and Northern
Week 2: The inner portions of Southern and Northern
Week 3: Central
Week 4: Back towards Northern and Southern (that way the northern most corps can tour south and vice versa, or corps can head back towards their home state if they want)
Week 5: There could be a Combine Championships type thing (separate from the regional in the North East) and then head into finals competition after the Combine Championships
bando
That looks pretty good actually. I think we should only do 4 days of NE combine competition a week? The other 3 for other combines or unaffiliated competitions? It is a good thing we started this so early, so that way we have time to come up with this stuff, and for people to see it.

I am wondering if we should have an account called NorthEastCombine so then none of the members have to host the championships. It can basically just fund-raise like crazy. I dunno if Alex has anything against that...? Unless we get enough people who feel they will have the money to make the competition (hopefully we will need a lot of spaces eventually).
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
Actually having that dummy account might not be so bad to host championships, that way no one person has to worry about all that money/we don't have to worry about people fighting over who gets to host championships.

And four days a week sounds fine, I just layed that out to basically set up a tour, and combine corps can chose whether or not to follow that, they can always start their tour in the combine, and then move on to other competitions in other combines if they so chose, but if feasible they should try to come to combine championships. I also think that there should be some sort of draw in the combine for those that share a state/region as to who gets what day, so that there are not 5 on one day and then 1 or 2 every other day that are combine related.
bando
I agree with your suggestion. I think we'll need to decide that around the end of week 4.
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
Yeah sounds good. I know there was an announcement about the combines in MazzusK's posting on the homepage, so hopefully there will be more people interested in joining the combine soon.
cnuclarinet
Looking at the current standings (so not including corps that haven't competed yet) there are 30+ North East corps, if we can get everyone on board this would be successful
bando
If only people checked the forums.=P
Founder of the IIEA