Login Create Account
A Fourth Division
TromSaune
Since I'm trying to get a ribbon on my profile for "Forum Posts" I thought I'll start a new one, with random thoughts. Does anyone else think there should be a fourth division? It would create a bunch of problems but how cool would it be?!?!?!
Stradivarius
Well, if there was a 4th division I think that you and i would not be effected other than that there would be less people underneath us, so it would make us both look worse XD
12 years later
bando
I think a fourth division would only be useful for first time players. After that, you should be able to compete no problem in Division 3. Heck, I bet there are people that could win it in Division 3 their first season if they tried hard enough.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
musicloverrmm
I created my Guard two days before Season Nine Finals, and they were bronze medalists :P
baritone599
musicloverrmm that doesnt mean anything if you started your colorguard in season 1
bando
Still, Division III has a lot of groups that just start up and never really follow through it, so its possible to do really well.
Founder of the IIEA

mceuph
Look at my marching band for season 4, then my drumline and guard for season 5. That was all their first seasons, just saying. :p
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
cire
If you start out in Div 3 and you make a dedicated effort to play the game fully, you will do very well, even if it is your first season. This game DOES take time and a little bit of effort and some strategy to play and be successful..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
come to think of it, i'm not sure there would be very many div 4 groups. it seems that very few new members join each season. anyone else find that true?
12 years later
bando
I think we do get quite a few, they just don't stick around long enough to really make it feel like anyone new is here.
Founder of the IIEA

Stradivarius
Oooooh I see. Now that i look at the number of users there are and how many there are that are actually active, I see that is correct. Too bad though, this is a really good site.
12 years later
bando
Alright, to see what happens, I've created a new group (Eagle Regiment B) to see how well a new user can do. To be fair, I scheduled its show that same day as Eagle Regiment's. I also am not going to join any leagues. So other than my previous experience as a player, I'm starting from scratch.

Hopefully I just don't forget about it. XD
Founder of the IIEA

TromSaune
I meant more of a division that people can move onto after division 1.
cire
Why? The top x numbers of the division are changing so much during each season and across several seasons that there really isn't a need for it
TromSaune
what does it really take to bump up a division?
cire
There are several factors that affect this.. practicing, scores, preseason activity, direction of the wind, etc... noone really knows for sure except for Alex.
mike
I just wish there was a division for part time players.

corndogshuffle
I don't think that would really be feasible.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
bando
Yeah, since we would then need to define what a "part-time" player is. Which, no matter what, someone won't be too happy.
Founder of the IIEA

bugleboy
I think that it would be cool to have a fourth division. Also, it would be kinda cool to have like a B-version of you drum corps or marching band.
Director of,
-Sound From The Lakeshore, MB
-Northern Sounds, DC
-Grandville Flags, CG
-Golden Beat, Dl