FMA North-East Conference Discussion
bando
East Coast Combine Discussion

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/541

ECC WEBSITE:

http://easternc.webs.com/

Original Post:
----------------FMA North-East Combine----------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List of NEC Members:
Perception Drum and Bugle Corps
Band Geeks
Marching Bureaucrats
Sound of the Valley
Menno Knights
Eagle Regiment
Modern Antic
Legion
Dunkirk Patriots
Riptide
Nemesis
General Mclane Lancers

List of GCC Members:
Golden Shields
Crescent City Rebels
Stardusters
Houston Privateers
Nightwatch
Eclipse
Phanfare Regiment
Shades of New Orleans
Bleu Raeders
Lambs of Destruction
Santa Rosa Sound
The Wolves
Florida Vanguard
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Includes Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Greenland, Europe and Eastern Canada)
(Above subject to change)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FMA North-East Combine is an idea based off the idea for the Gulf Coast Circuit. I’ve modified it to create a more accepting atmosphere and the ability to come to a general consensus on the fine details on how it is going to work.
If you would like to view the original Gulf Coast topic, you can view it here:

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/176#here

First thing is first, the set boundary line I have in my head looks kind of like this:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/aforgottenlegend/Fantasy%20Marching%20Arts/FMANE.png

(All Combines -- Please let me know of any mistakes)
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/aforgottenlegend/Fantasy%20Marching%20Arts/FMACombineMap.png

I will get to the different colors eventually. I think those boundaries are pretty good for the Northeast. Ignore Ohio and I was wary of making Canada a color by itself because I’m not sure how many Canadian users there are. If the need arises we can always change that later… anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas Part I

- I feel that limiting this to only people with a certain amount of influence is almost unfair, so I propose we do not add this restriction.

- The idea of groups traveling in a logical order is a really nice idea. Example being a group in the green going from West Virginia to Pennsylvania to New Jersey then New York is fairly realistic. This idea come directly from the Gulf Coast Circuit topic.

- The colors. My idea with the colors is something I like to call Regions. Inside the conference there are two regions. They can be called Region I/ Region II, or North / South or whatever. With this, I think we can make setting up a group’s “tour” easier. This way we can give groups chances to enter in some competitions.

- Set up a committee to figure out a group's tour (Corps Schedule Committee), one for helping directors pick dates for their competition (Tour Date Committee), and one for heading over the Combine itself (Combine Committee).
------→People are basically elected to a committee by popular vote. Maybe have a certain Director level needed? The committees will probably need a different amount of people in each. The Tour Date Committee would only need to be three or less. The Corps Schedule Committee would need a few more to help out just the sheer number of people. And the Combine Committee would only need a few people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas I like from the other topic.

-In a 15 group competition, 10 are from the [Combine/Region] and the other five can be members of other circuits. This gets some of our people into shows, and doesn’t make it completely private. An idea is that we can set up some limitations on influence/ director level/ etc. here since they are traveling from outside the region.
-----→ In a five person, 3 are from NE, 2 from another combine and so on, The actual numbers can be decided later.

-The logical tour schedule idea. ( I just like it.)
- Shows can start at the farthest corners of each region and move inward towards the opposite end. The Gulf coast combine had the idea of specific weeks for home shows, and another for touring another combine (That we schedule it with) Example: Week 1 - Home shows | Week 3 home shows | Week 4 Tour Gulf Coast | Week 5 Finals etc.

-Alex Approval and suggestions. (Hopefully this topic can get the same)

Other things:

Since we are a group, we can elect certain officers to coordinate competitions and help directors fill up their competitions. We can all vote on different aspects of the conference (even the name and the geographical area). And we can always come up with new things to add in for later seasons. We can set up goals for individual directors, and help newer ones out. It'd almost be as if we are trying to improve our own area, not just ourselves. In turn we also learn new things from one another. Win situation for all in the combine.

Anyone else have some nice ideas I can add to this? If you are interested in the idea at least, post. All suggestions are, of course, welcome.

[IMPORTANT]
If you post, can you post what theoretical region you'd be in so we can get an idea if its needed or not? Just say red or green.

Thanks!
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Prof
I love the map !

Rethinking the influence level a bit, what about this ?
While you can accept any level into your group, only those with a certain level will "exchange" with other groups ? Afterall, those that put all their extra time into fund raising won't help sell tickets and that is an important part of the co-ops with other groups.

Ideas ?
bando
"-In a 15 group competition, 10 are from the [Conference/Region] and the other five can be members of other circuits. This gets some of our people into shows, and doesn’t make it completely private. An idea is that we can set up some limitations on influence/ director level/ etc. here since they are traveling from outside the region."

That part can work both ways. Once the general rules for each area is decided, we can create a new topic to discuss what to do when an "exchange" occurs. Or rules conflict with each other.

If that's not quite what you mean, please elaborate! D=
Founder of the IIEA

Prof
yes, along those lines
bando
Alright. Whew.
Side note, I have a huge block of text there. O.o

EDIT:
I guess I should mention that I'd be in the green area.
Founder of the IIEA

VincentPezza
I'm liking this idea a lot! If you want help with different things, I'd love to help!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
BaritoneB1
I feel that Ohio should be included in the Mid-Western States, if one were to be created.
bando
Alright. When it comes about we can "fork it over" haha.

No, really, I think that's a good idea. I just added it for now in case the Mid-west one was late to appear. Also, if you like the idea, create the mid-west one. =D

@Vincent
So, looking at your profile, you would be in the green with me then? If you can come up with some suggestions that'd be great!
Founder of the IIEA

VincentPezza
I'ma think up some!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
Novak
@ Baritone B1, I think it'd be better to create a Midwest one, then have Ohio be the only Midwest state in the loop here.
bando
That's possible, right now, there have been discussions on how to set up a sort of exchange thing for groups in different Combines to participate in another combine's show.

None-the-less, the topic for the mid-west still needs done. I think either of you could do it. (EDIT: Not anymore--someone took care of it) And right now, each combine has its own set of rules, then we are going to all get together and come up with rules for such occasions as Ohio being in the loop with the NE combine and etc.
Founder of the IIEA

Silversun268
This sounds like a very interesting idea. I would be in the green area,
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

cnuclarinet
This sounds like a cool idea, count me in. I'm in the green area.
Director of Riptide, Tidal Force, Tsunami, and Waverunners
katkatastrophe
I'm in.

I'd be in Ohio, cuz my corps is from Akron :]

nevermind, i'm in the midwest one..
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

bando
Cool. So anyone else have some suggestions for what else we can do?
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
I think a good idea might be to have someone in charge of each state, and someone in charge of each region, and then someone in charge of the entire conference, so that there is a chain of command in case any problems arise, and that would help with planning out competitions so that they are fairly spread throughout the conference. (Personally, I wouldn't mind being in charge of Virginia :) )

I also think that a daily limit on the number of conference competitions there are, so we aren't spread too thin.
bando
That's a cool idea! Although to be fair, I think we will have to rotate those positions so everyone has their own chance of power. :)
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
Oh no I completely understand being fair. I only meant to get this off the ground. Not forever. :)
bando
Of course! =D
Founder of the IIEA

cnuclarinet
Maybe instead of by state, divide the Union into more than just the two sections, maybe divide it into 4, it might help with event planning and getting a tour set up, like have the tour start on the outer edges, move inwards, and then end again on the outer edges, so that corps can travel the entire Union:

Canada/Europe
New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
Region X* (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut)
Region Y* (Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware)

*I don't know what to call them

As for corps expressing interest in this Combine/Union

Eagle Regiment (D2) - Pennsylvania
Riptide (D3) - Virginia
Modern Antic (D2) - New Jersey
Perception (D1) - England