Login Create Account
IDEA DL League
moongard
What discussion? there hardly were any which were interesting to join in on and I disagree that most did not act "a part of the league". most everyone who left were active members but not active in the forum but it doent mean we werent "a part of the league". there i no point to be in a league with a founder who is MIA and has been for over a month with the exception of 1 day.
MrsRomo
Not sure what you mean a founder who has been MIA for over a month with exception of one day. I know for a fact that the founder was on throughout the month of January, his last day being two weeks ago. As for discussion, perhaps if people thought the discussion in the the IDEA forum was lacking or boring, they could participate and liven it up. It's difficult for one person to maintain a discussion on a discussion forum. Many times I felt like I was talking to myself, despite seeing IDEA members (current and former) post in their other leagues and neglect IDEA. Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion; feel free to pm me if you'd like to continue this. Best of luck this season.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
moongard
what I mean is that he wasn't very active at the end of season 39 or during season 40 and many times there were several days (sometimes weeks) between him logging in... so yeah MIA.. and as for discussion.... I can care less about how much people post in the forum .. it's not a requirement to post in the forum but if people attended idea events as most of these groups who left did, they acted " as part of the league," contrary to what you stated about those who left.. posting results throughout the season is hardly the start of a discussion anyway and i did respond from time to time .. even though I didn't have to..so don't say people didn't contribute to discussion when the discussion was lacking and boring.. you're a board member you do what you can to keep the league alive and interesting ... no matter what though, I'd still be a member of IDEa if there were events to attend.. if the founder was more active, period.
MrsRomo
As I said, you are entitled to your opinion. Have a great season.

For our current IDEA members, what can *I* do to make discussion and league life more exciting? I'd like to know how to make it a better experience for you. I will try to limit my reporting of scores, and my commentary on them, since I am not a commentator. I know it sucks that we don't currently have any league events, but there is more to being in a league than league events. rally and support your league mates events in place of those league events! Again, I'm sorry there is not any league events yet this season, but there is nothing that I can currently do about that - my hands are tied. I'm still trying to make this a worthwhile league. Please reach out to me here or through message with constructive criticism on how to be a better leader.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Penny
I know I'm only semi active on here, but I am getting better about being on FMA - it really is a lot of fun. For what it's worth, I think u do a great job trying keep idea running smoothly, all things considered. I enjoy that you post a review of the scores for some of the events. I've noticed that most people who go after the commentator position end up not being a consistent commentator, so I appreciate that u are posting a review of the championships and stuff.

I will try to be more active in posting here so it doesn't seem like u are talking to yourself. :) if I come up with any ideas to make idea more exciting I will share with you! Haha ideas for ideas.
MrsRomo
Thanks penny. I really appreciate your kind words. Your feedback is the only feedback i've gotten so far, so i'll try to think of ways to make the league less boring. :/

MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kopar199
I just hope we don't go dormant becuase Jhawk can't get on, that would really suck, we would lose a great league and a great player.

On a another note, I get to go to my second drum corps camp in 11 days. and I'm only freaking out a little bit this time lol
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
FastForward
Best of Luck to IDEA !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Kopar199
So, I don't think I'm going to be able to stay in IDEA due to Jhawkes inactivity, despite me loving everyone here. I really just need a more active and engaging league that can help me grow more in a faster way. I'm going to miss competing with you guys, but I wish you all the best of luck in the future.
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard