Login Create Account
Masters of FMA
kmarti6
I have started accepting people with only finalist ribbons! There is still room if others wish to apply!
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
rboneseveneight
Can tere be Masters comps for all groups?
Galaxy Percussion / Galaxy Guard / Galaxy Regiment / Mt. Juliet HS Band of Gold
Kiwidrummer
There usually is??

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
sia98aidil98
Damn should have known this existed haha. Will look out for this event next season
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
gcurrier
I think for this season its too late. for next season who would like to host all 4 Masters?
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
sia98aidil98
I'd like to host the Masters next season. Would be able to host 30 group ones for all except for drumline. Drumline will prolly be at 25.
Kiwidrummer
^^Has my vote^^

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
kmarti6
Sounds perfect to me. Sorry about no masters existing for the other circuits. I only have a drum corps and honestly forget those other circuits exist.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
gcurrier
I think we set the requirement at only 20 anyway so you should be fine. Just review the rules and make sure you don't put the number too high so you don't make enough money. It can be hard to fill with the requirements

sia98aidil98
Will take note of it, thanks for the heads up and the opportunity to host this event :)
Next season, the Masters event should be on the 30th of October if I'm not wrong so this has been decided way too early haha.
Pre-season begins on the 24th of September so save the date(s) in your calendar guys!
sia98aidil98
Just one question though, let say a user has a group that has attained medal/finalist status but his/her other group(s) doesn't have a medal or finalist status. If his/her other group(s) apply to their respective Masters event do they qualify for the event?
Solaris132
That's a good question to ask, whenever I hosted the event, I actually (since I had a bunch of time on my hands) looked through the group history because I wanted to do a whole write up thing, about the groups and when they first medaled or made finals or, something... I digress...

My answer, after reading Da Rules, I don't think they would qualify because the group didn't make finals or medal, given how I accepted the groups when I did it; because the ribbons only show "Hey this user had a group make finals!" but doesn't specify ...which... group made finals, or medaled.

It's really up to the user wanting to apply to know that their groups are eligible or not, less work for the host to dig into the archives if they want to get specific with the groups they accept.

Like, for me, I have three groups with a medal, one without, I won't have my non medalist group apply until the host accepts finalists, since that non-medal group's a finalist. Anyway, that's my opinion.

*passes the mic*
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
echstrumpet8
I usually go back through the individual groups entire history to see if they have medaled, made finals, etc. OR, if the user's profile has any medals/finals appearances listed in an easy spot, then I'll usually trust it. A double-checking never hurt anyone though.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
theamazing1
Yeah I screwed up a couple times when I hosted masters cause I didn't double check.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
gcurrier
I would say though that I agree with the "honor system". In general I dont think hosts should be required to look at the entire history for each group applying. That could truly be time consuming and limit hosts. we even had started a list once of people who did qualify, but that was pretty crazy in and of itself. SO, we have said in past if they have the medal/ribbon, we will count it, UNLESS the host has time to verify each.

We request that individuals NOT submit units that dont qualify but we all know how that goes!

sia98aidil98
Hi guys the events are up! Do apply to them asap :)
sia98aidil98
Hi guys I have started accepting people who have achieved finalist status. Unfortunately the drum corps event is now full and I have to turn down a few people due to lack of places. There is still room for the other group events so feel free to apply if you have not done so!
sia98aidil98
Marching band is now full! A total of 8 (5 for guard and 3 for drumline) spots are still up for grabs currently
sia98aidil98
Before everyone forgets, I think we should get the ball rolling as to who is up to host next season.
sia98aidil98