Login Create Account
Masters of FMA
FastForward
I would definitely be interested in being in the Masters of FMA as a previous Finalist in season 38. Let me know if that is the plan for season 38.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier2
yeah i think we will stick with this plan---it gives medalists a whole week to get priority placing---that seems fair!
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
Kiowa
i don't understand it buuuut ill just apply and hope i get in if not lol ill just apply to something else not the end of the world
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
ToastyCar
Hey I am exciting to have the opportunity to participate. It has been a few (literal) years since really competing in FMA and I am excited to see what my corp will do.
Red Lightning Regiment | D2 World Champion (Season 37) & 2x Medalist
Atlantic Storm | 2x Medalist
Arctic Blast Winterguard | 1x Medalist
Twisted Tornadoes Drumline | 3x Medalist
gcurrier2
You qualify Kiowa!

To clarify for both future hosts and future hopeful participants, rather than keep a list or a complete history of each group and whether or not they have medaled previously or been a previous finalist, what we had decided to do is go based off the directors trophy case on the right hand side of the user profile. It is not perfect and there are scenarios where someone could be accepted whose individual group doesnt technichally qualify but its very limited. If they have medaled there is a big medalion right there with gold silver or bornze--if they have been a finalist its a red banner with F.

in future seasons--first week will be reserved for previous medalists to apply..after the Friday of the the pre-season week, previous finalists then can be accepted in any remaining spots.

right now due to the change we are booking up fast! a few drum corps and guard spots remain!!
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
TeamFrenchToast
Does the medal rule apply to all divisions of just DI?
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
MrsRomo
It should be all divisions. The previous version of it allowed for all divisions.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Aaron0316
all divisions.... I just looked at the event and I see all divisions attending. also, I was div 3 last season and performed at the Masters show.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
Yes it's all divisions
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
Just to confirm as we get close to end of season--next seasons hosts are KMarti6 for drum corps and drumline...ACoasters for Marching Band and MrsRomo for guard...

the shows will still be hosted on Monday of Finals week (though any other shows you host can be whenever)

and for first week (pre-season week) only previous medalists can be accepted---after that all previous finalists can be accepted.

MrsRomo
Perfect. How can we check to see if they were a medalist? And it's a medal in any division, not just the one you are in currently, correct?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
gcurrier
we decided previously in the forum that for ease of hosts, we will go by director profile ID where the medals are listed and a little bit of the honor system. Subsequently finalist also receive a flag if they have been one previously. We dont know for what group a director has been a medalist/finalist so a little of this is based off honor system.

for the first week you should accept on first come first serve any medalist---dont accept or deny any finalist and deny anyone who is neither. second one you then begin to accept anyone who was finalist along with medalists.

make sense?

MrsRomo
Yep
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
One more question, so I know how much money I can spend lol - what tier are the contests?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
gcurrier
you need to be able to host 25 units

MrsRomo
Fantastic.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
ASCoasters
So are we just basing off of wether or not they have medals in their actual profile, or if they say, apply with a drum Corp, would we just see what that Corp has done?
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
kmarti6
Ok I will make sure that I set the drum corps and drumline shows up tonight!
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
kmarti6
Crap I accidentally let strads B group into the drumline one without noticing it. Sorry guys that was totally my fault he added his group right as I was accepting his other one.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
Hahaha woops my bad lol... I was just applying to all the shows. Wasn't really looking...
12 years later