Login Create Account
MDC-LC Drum Corps League
Kiwidrummer
A very warm welcome to Ching Band and Freak to our league. Feel free to post anything here or to PM myself or littled with any questilns or concerns.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kiwidrummer
Killerchessie, keep up the hard work. Dedication does have it's rewards. Congrats on your DIII 4th place finish at finals last season. I'm sure Cadets of Blue will have a successful season in DII.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
LittleD4010
The Morning Announcement for 11/14/14!

The Drum Corps group of the day is:
Cadets of Blue (Killerchessie)

Great job last season on qualifying for the Div.III Finals and placing 4th overall!!
Continue to work hard and keep climbing that ladder!

-- 3 days till the season opener at Claymont! Who's excited for the season opener!?
Meadowbrook
Drum Corps: S20- Div. II Gold Medalist (86.77)
CG: S24- Div. II Gold Medalist (96.635)
Drumline: S27- Div. II Gold Medalist (92.95)
LittleD4010
I'll be a little late posting the evening announcement, but it will be posted tonight! :)
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
I'll be gone all day today and half of tomorrow for a music conference, so if anyone could step in and make some announcements or something like that today it would help as lot!! Thanks, and have a good day! :;
Meadowbrook
SalukiShaffer2
In it's first FULL season, Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps is shooting for a finals berth, along with a few golds along the way.

Hope all of the MDC-LC corps do well this season!
SalukiShaffer2
DC: Northern Lights
MB: Monster Marching Band
CG: Inner City Spinners
DL: Downbeat Cadets
SalukiShaffer
New this year to Division II, Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps presents an emotional show that is sure to get fans on their feet. Currently ranked 51st in D2, we'd like to see them crack the Top 30 with a semifinals berth this season, and make it to the D2 FMA Finals next season (just 2 seasons!!).
Big things are starting here, good luck to all the rest of you!! Do us proud
SalukiShaffer
LittleD4010
Good luck this season SalukiShaffer and SalukiShaffer2! Improving every season is very helpful in not only improve your selfs in general but helps the league! I hope you achieve your goals this season!
Meadowbrook
RedEastMovement
After taking a season off to raise funds, Italy's Legion Drum and Horn Corps have come back with force in their humble, Christmas themed show showcasing their "perfect" fundamental skills honed during the fundraising season. Legion is currently placed 15th in DIII for High Scores.

Good luck to all MDC-LC members!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Killerchessie
With constant improvement, you'll be able to make finals. Can't wait to see how far you can go this year.
RedEastMovement
Thank you for the good luck. May the odds be ever in you favor as well.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
SalukiShaffer
We're 1/4 of the way through Season 39!! Here's how our MDC-LC friends stack up in the FMA Circuit!!

Division I
18. Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps 77.935

Division II
14. Cadets of Blue 68.535
24. Aftershock New Zealand B 63.470
30. Spirit of Delaware 62.170
44. Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps 57.190
45. Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps 56.780
57. Red Cascades 51.435
74. Colts Drum & Bugle Corps 46.090

Division III
3. Sioux Falls Vanguard 62.940
5. Legion 57.685
8. Seventh Star 56.590
22. Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps 54.100
32. Trojan Steel Regiment 53.245
39. The Chargers 52.745
50. Green and Grey Crusaders 50.630
57. Cavaliers 49.770
58. Star of North Carolina 49.675
63. Royal Knights 48.810
76. Katari Crown 47.315
78. Harrison Central Drum Corps 47.205
80. Roaring Lion Regiment 47.000
81. Auxillary 46.900
82. Ching Band 46.730
84. Columbus Dream 46.350
SalukiShaffer
SalukiShaffer2
SEASON 39 NEWS AND HEADLINES

The Cadets of Blue seem to be taking Division II by storm in their first season. They've won every single MDC-LC Regional event in the first quarter of the season. Currently ranked 14th in the DII FMA Circuit, they hope to pull a DII FMA Finals berth in just one season. They're kept out of finals right now by just 0.100 points

Spirit of Delaware has been scoring high, but can't find their way out of 2nd place. They've placed 2 or 3 in every event so far this season. They're currently placed 30th, so Finals for them would be a long shot.

Aftershock New Zealand B has been crawling back after a disappointing start to Season 39, not reaching the podium until November 24 at the Cambridge Regional, even finishing in 10th place in the Champion Revue. The skies are clearing as they they come in second place in 3 MDC-LC regionals in a row

Great Lakes Sound seems to be creeping their way up to the Semifinal cutoff line. Never finishing above 4th place, they hope to change their luck in the 7 events they will performing at in a row before they rejoin in League competition at the Athens regional at Ohio University Stadium

Sioux Falls Vanguard has had a celebratory season this quarter. They've come in first place no less than 9 times and have won 5 gold medals from out of league events. They are situated in 3rd place currently, and hope to hold their metaphorical Bronze medal. They are ahead of the 4th place corps by 5.195 points

Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps have set the goal of reaching DIII Finals. They are ten spots out at the moment, in 22nd place, but are only 2.365 points out of 12th place.

Ching Band, in their inaugural season, are being swallowed up by the DIII competition. They are currently in 82nd place, but they have won a silver and a bronze medal this season. Right now they can hope and practice hard to earn a spot in the DIII Semifinals

Good luck to everybody in the next 1/4 of the season!!
SalukiShaffer2
RedEastMovement
Legion has been enjoying their time off to enjoy the American tradition of Thanksgiving with their host families around the United States. The entire corps wishes all who are performing tonight and in the following days a good performance.

The corps will be returning to action Saturday and Sunday at 'The Drumstep Open II and 'DCI @ Music City,' hoping to close the gap between Sioux Falls by falling the only corps left to overtake: Jags of the REGAL league.

Also, thank you to Saluki for the incredible write ups. Now Legion knows the work they have to do in order to get closer to their rival c:
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Killerchessie
The Cadets of Blue have taken two days off on performances to add a change in the final movement. This change will be showcased at our home performance at the 'Knoxville Blues II' show. We hope to get a big placement from it.
SalukiShaffer
Season 39 Halfway Mark MDC-LC Standings:
(Place number is for all of the FMA Circuit, not just MDC-LC)
Division I:
25. Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps 78.175

Division II:
4. Cadets of Blue 75.780
22. Aftershock New Zealand B 68.820
31. Spirit of Delaware 64.435
36. Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps 62.185
42. The Gents 58.890
49. Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps 56.785
57. Red Cascades 51.720
77. Colts Drum & Bugle Corps 46.060

Division III:
2. Sioux Falls Vanguard 67.975
8. Legion 60.240
9. Seventh Star 59.515
11. Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps 59.100
30. Trojan Steel Regiment 54.710
37. The Chargers 54.115
53. Green and Grey Crusaders 51.235
59. Star of North Carolina 50.925
60. Cavaliers 50.790
73. Harrison Central Drum Corps 48.585
85. Katari Crown 47.315
90. Roaring Lion Regiment 47.000
91. Auxillary 46.915
93. Ching Band 46.735
97. Columbus Dream 46.350
SalukiShaffer
SalukiShaffer2
SEASON 39 NEWS AND HEADLINES

Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps, our only Division I representative, has slipped 7 rankings since the last season checkpoint. A poor finish is hopefully not in their future

Cadets of Blue, under rising star Killerchessie, have climbed their way up the ladder not only to a prospective spot in the FMA Division II Finals, but to 4th place overall. They currently lead the FMA Division II Circuit in Music Winds, the brass score, and hope to only add to their lead

Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps will now prospectively be in Division II Semifinals. The "Lakers" currently place 36th in Division II, but lack a strong Ensemble score

Sioux Falls Vanguard, Legion, Seventh Star, and Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps are all prospectively in DIII Finals, the Top 12. Sioux Falls Vanguard leads the pack in 2nd place overall DIII, and hopes to rise to the gold.

Some rivalries have started in league action with Legion and Seventh Star neck and neck in the scores, if you have a rivalry with another corps, Comment below!! I'd love to check up on the League Rivalries and write about it here in the News

The MDC-LC league is sure growing and expanding to more higher divisions. With one corps in Division I as of now, Cadets of Blue, Aftershock New Zealand B, Spirit of Delaware, and Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps will all likely join DI Drum Corps soon. I encourage all of the directors of corps in the MDC-LC to keep directing your corps throughout many seasons, as many of the corps in this league fold after a season or two. Keep checking on and rehearsing your corps to make the MDC-LC one of the most well known and high scoring leagues in the FMA Circuit. Congrats to all on a successful Half-Season, let's put more league corps in your Division's Finals or Semifinals!!
SalukiShaffer2
SalukiShaffer
Also, if you don't see your corps score and ranking in the scores headline, I sincerely apologize, it's a hard thing to do to document everyone's score. Thanks :P
SalukiShaffer
Killerchessie
I love seeing these recaps, and I would like to keep seeing them posted after each week.

On a side note, anyone can be a top core with great work ethic and planning. The Cadets of Blue have dreams of being the best one day, and we will acheive it in some time.
crowleylex
you're having a great season, killer. You have us on the run :)
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))