Login Create Account
MDC-LC Drum Corps League
RedEastMovement
It seems that while Legion was more focused on desperately catching up to the likes of Jags and Sioux Falls, corps we have presumed beaten are on the war path!

Good luck to all of our rivals. May the odds be ever be in your favor till the very end.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Kiwidrummer
This happens every season. Middle of the pack corps that are consistant with their rehearsals will make late season surges. It happened to my A group, Aftershock NZ last season in DII. Tjey eventually took the lead and never looked back.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
SalukiShaffer
SEASON 39 WRAP UP: COMING SOON

So the season is ending, and with that, there will be awards at the end of the year.
I (the guy doing the score recaps and news) will be determining awards to give out (mostly by score to stay fair) The awards will be split up into two categories, Caption Awards and Season Awards, and will be given out to one corps per Division. This will be what's awarded:

CAPTION AWARDS: (pretty self explanatory, highest score wins)
Music Winds Award (best brass score)
Music Percussion Award (best drums score)
Color Guard Award (best guard score)
Visual Peformance Award (best visual score)
General Effect Award (average of music and visual GE)

SEASON AWARDS: (not captions, but notable other things)
Director of the Year (highest Director Level)
Fan Favorite of the Year (highest Influence)
Rookie of the Year (highest score from a group in it's first season)
MDC-LC Gold Award (most league event wins)
GOLD MEDAL (highest score overall)
SILVER MEDAL (2nd highest score)
BRONZE MEDAL (3rd highest score)

The awards will be given out after the conclusion of the MDC-LC Finals on December 16th (yes, before FMA Finals Weekend) so check them out tuesday night. Award Predictions will be included in the News portion of the recap this Wednesday so everyone can see where they're at in the hunt.
In other news, there'll be a score recap and news for a special FMA Finals Preview on the free Wednesday before FMA Preliminaries just to put everything in perspective of where everyone can expect to be during Finals Weekend.
I'm looking forward to writing these awards up and seeing who's the best in each caption. Good Luck Everybody!!
SalukiShaffer
RedEastMovement
I'm looking forward to it. Its concerning to me that I have groups like Sioux Falls that are completely outpacing my group at this point in the season, but if they do win the captions for DIII in a complete sweep, I will not complain, since they have put in so much in order to have such a fantastic season.

On other news....Should we be putting greater effort in recruiting? A lot of MFOBK fans and admins alike have signed up and new leagues such as FAME are swollen with them.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Kiwidrummer
Saluki...this is great. I do have one concern. Director of year for each division may not truly reflect the best director based solely in direcror level.

My scenerio:

Corps A Director level 180. competes, but doesn't rehearse much. May be campaigning. He does not gain much in score all season. Maybe a 10 gain.

Corps B Director level 118. Busts his but rehearsing, finishes in top 12, maybe even podium. Gains 30 points over season with corps

But, corps A wins based on level. Also, lower lever directors increase director lever at a faster pace. When you get above a certain level, the level ups are farther apart.

Basing solely on director level is unfair to the directors who actually are active more consistenty.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
SalukiShaffer
Hmm. I just tried to make it fair by going by level but hey that's a point. Maybe do something different
SalukiShaffer
SalukiShaffer
SEASON 39 3/4 Season Point RECAP
(ranking is for all of FMA as of after the events of 12/10)

Division I
33. Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps 78.175

Division II
2. Cadets of Blue 82.920
10. Aftershock New Zealand B 75.530
32. Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps 66.185
36. Spirit of Delaware 64.435
44. The Gents 60.415
51. Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps 56.785
59. Red Cascades 51.720
63. rebels 50.285
86. Colts Drum and Bugle Corps 46.060

Division III
3. Sioux Falls Vanguard 71.975
6. Legion 65.860
8. Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps 63.270
11. Seventh Star 62.215
30. Trojan Steel Regiment 56.605
34. The Chargers 55.850
51. Classmen 53.785
53. Star of North Carolina 53.190
61. Green and Grey Crusaders 51.245
63. Cavaliers 51.105
84. Royal Knights 48.830
90. Harrison Central Drum Corps 48.595
93. Columbus Dream 48.525
124. Katari Crown 47.315
134. Roaring Lion Regiment 47.000
135. Auxillary 46.390
144. Ching Band 46.735
175. Blue Devils 46.090
SalukiShaffer
SalukiShaffer2
SEASON 39 NEWS AND HEADLINES

Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps continues to fall, dropping 8 more spots from the halfway recap, their score only improving about 3 points. Have they hit the wall? Or will they make a last second surge?

Cadets of Blue is in 2nd place, as their season has gone from good to great to the podium for an approaching FMA Finals. It appears they cannot lose their spot in finals. Will they get the Silver?

Aftershock NZ B has reached the Top 12 threshold and is in 10th place. Hopefully they can keep their rank and make it into Finals.

Great Lakes Sound continues to surge into the heat. Currently ranked 32nd, The Lakers have been steadily moving up in the rankings, their performance scores are weak, but General Effect is what's saving them this season. The Lakers have one more week to surge up more.

The Gents and Troopers have made little progress ranking-wise, but their scores continue to rise, as of now, they're in the heat for a semifinals berth.

Sioux Falls Vanguard, Legion, Northern Lights, and Seventh Star are all currently in the top 12. Good thing for the MDC-LC to have 4 potential finalists.

Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps has now passed Seventh Star, and are ahead of the fellow league member by a full point and change. The competition for the last 4 finals slots are heating up, and hopefully both corps can keep theirs.

Now a look at the Awards Race: Here are the PROJECTED Award Winners for each Division:
Caption Awards:
Music Winds: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls
Music Percussion: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls
Color Guard: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls
Visual Performance: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls
General Effect: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls

Season Awards:
Director of the Year: I changed this one, its not going to be based on Level
Fan Favorite: Meadowbrook, rebels, Star of North Carolina
Rookie of the Year: There will be no award for Rookie, not enough rookies out there
MDC-LC Gold: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls
GOLD MEDAL: Meadowbrook, Cadets of Blue, Sioux Falls
SILVER MEDAL: none, Aftershock NZ B, Legion
BRONZE MEDAL: none, Great Lakes Sound, Northern Lights

So, LittleD4010, Killerchessie, and RedEastMovement, you can kind of see where this is headed, but ANYONE else can step in and grab these awards, keep rehearsing, keep checking in on your corps, and NEXT SEASON, make it a goal to grab the Music Winds Caption Award or something.

There will be one more Recap and News right before FMA Finals in a special Finals Week edition, with the announcement of the MDC-LC Awards. See you then
SalukiShaffer2
DC: Northern Lights
MB: Monster Marching Band
CG: Inner City Spinners
DL: Downbeat Cadets
SalukiShaffer2
...and when I say RedEastMovement I ACTUALLY meant to say Glindir, the director of Sioux Falls Vanguard, can see where these awards are headed. I'm kind of dumb..
SalukiShaffer2
RedEastMovement
Aw. Its no problem. I do want to congratulate Glind on the amazing run this season. They have inspired me to truly get into the swing of competitions here at FMA.

And thank you all everyone else for making MDC-LC such a great Drum Corps league!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
SalukiShaffer
FINALS PREVIEW SCORE RECAP
(ranking is for all of FMA as of 12/16)

Division I:
36. Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps 78.175

Division II:
7. Cadets of Blue 86.935
10 .Aftershock New Zealand B 79.465
26. Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps 69.770
39. Spirit of Delaware 64.455
43. The Gents 62.555
53. Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps 56.785
61. Red Cascades 51.720
65. rebels 50.285
89. Colts Drum & Bugle Corps 46.060

Division III:
3. Sioux Falls Vanguard 75.530
7. Legion 67.960
8. Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps 66.930
14. Seventh Star 63.450
23. Trojan Steel Regiment 57.705
26. The Chargers 57.325
40. Classmen 55.960
45. Star of North Carolina 54.825
71. Cavaliers 51.690
79. Green and Grey Crusaders 51.245
123. Royal Knights 48.830
129. Harrison Central Drum Corps 48.595
132. Columbus Dream 48.530
166. Katari Crown 47.315
171. Roaring Lion Regiment 47.000
173. Auxillary 46.935
183. Ching Band 46.735
220. Blue Devils 46.100

FMA FINALS- Preliminary Round- December 18
FMA FINALS- Semifinal Round- December 19
FMA FINALS- Final Round; Season 39 Finale- December 20
Good Luck to all of the MDC-LC Corps competing
SalukiShaffer
SalukiShaffer2
SEASON 39 AWARD CEREMONY
*trumpet fanfare* It's been a very successful season for the MDC-LC in Season 39. Now it's time to give out the awards to the corps that well deserve them. I'll do it by Division.

CAPTION AWARDS:

Division I:
ALL CAPTION AWARDS-
Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps

Division II:
Music Winds- Cadets of Blue
Music Percussion- Aftershock New Zealand B
Color Guard- Cadets of Blue
Visual Performance- Cadets of Blue
General Effect- Cadets of Blue

Division III:
Music Winds- Sioux Falls Vanguard
Music Percussion- Sioux Falls Vanguard
Color Guard- Sioux Falls Vanguard
Visual Performance- Sioux Falls Vanguard
General Effect- Sioux Falls Vanguard

SEASON AWARDS

Division I:
ALL SEASON AWARDS-
Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps

Division II:
Fan Favorite Award- rebels
MDC-LC Gold- Cadets of Blue
GOLD MEDAL- Cadets of Blue (86.935)
SILVER MEDAL- Aftershock New Zealand B (79.465)
BRONZE MEDAL- Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (69.770)

Division III:
Fan Favorite Award- Star of North Carolina
MDC-LC Gold- Sioux Falls Vanguard
GOLD MEDAL- Sioux Falls Vanguard (73.530)
SILVER MEDAL- Legion (67.960)
BRONZE MEDAL- Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps (66.930)

DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD

Division I-
LittleD4010 (Meadowbrook Drum and Bugle Corps)
Not only is he our only DI representative, he is also our best DI representative. His scores are very high and that takes a ton of dedication. Congrats

Division II-
Killerchessie (Cadets of Blue)
No surprise here. Chessie kicks all of our butts and has the highest score out of any one (in any division) here in the MDC-LC. Killer is also a supporter of FMA, so we know that Killer puts a lot into the FMA Circuit.

Division III-
RedEastMovement (Legion)
Sticking with it pays off. Legion has been to semifinals before, but has never made finals, but now with Legion in 7th place overall, it looks to be happening. A 16 point gain in the season is something to be proud of for sure as well. Congrats on sticking with it and never giving up-- look where it's led you.

So that's the awards, hope you enjoyed and agreed with the selections. Next year make it a goal to grab a caption award or take that top spot in your Division. FMA Finals is later this week- I hope that all of your corpsmembers perform their hearts out.

I'll be sending messages to the award winners congratulating them, so look for it in your inbox.
See ya next season!!
SalukiShaffer2
Glindir
Congrats to everyone, and thanks redeastmovement for letting me inspire you. It's my first time checking this forum and my first full season. It's been a fight for sure to try to get on top of some of those groups, and unfortunately my diligence in rehearsal has declined these last couple weeks from being busy, but I'll push on to the end and hopefully we'll dominate finals as a league in div 3!
Good luck to all in prelims, semis, and finals this season!
Director of the:
Sioux Falls Vanguard - Division 3 Drum Corps
Sioux Falls Patriots - Division 3 Marching Band
Midwestern Guard - Division 3 Color Guard
Patriot Winter Drumline - Division 3 Drumlin
RedEastMovement
Thank you Glindir. And I thank you again Saluki, and everyone who made MDC-LC Season 39 truly a magical season for Legion. Whether we stay in DIII or advance to DII the next season is of no concern to me. As long as we continue the path of excellence we are traveling, I will be content.

God bless.
-Red
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
themookish
Thank you for awarding Star of North Carolina the Division 3 drum corps Fan Favorite award. In the coming years, we will continue to focus on entertainment while maintaining a thirst for excellence.

SalukiShaffer
Congratulations to the following MDC-LC Groups who made FMA Finals...

Division II:
Cadets of Blue: 8th place Finish (87.840)
Aftershock NZ B: 10th place Finish (82.295)

Division III:
Sioux Falls Vanguard: 3rd place **Bronze Medal** Finish (77.900)
Legion: 7th place Finish (69.600)
Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps: 8th place Finish (69.280)

5 groups in the Drum Corps Finals is very respectable, lets hope to see more in Season 40
SalukiShaffer
RedEastMovement
Gentlemen and Ladies, I sincerely hope you guys have the schedules up and running soon. I wish to enter twice as many competitions this season than any other season before it. Possibly, I can join every MDC-LC event c:
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
SalukiShaffer
SEASON 40 IS HERE
Merry Christmas from the League Commentator, now let's take a look at what corps we have in each Division this season:

HERE ARE THE PRELIMINARY RANKINGS (Based SOLELY on Director Level)

Division I:
75. Cadets of Blue
77. Spirit of Delaware
(no Meadowbrook? It appears as though our League founder has deserted us...)

Division II:
10. Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps
19. Sioux Falls Vanguard
20. The Gents
23. rebels
26. Legion
30. Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps
40. Star of North Carolina
48. The Chargers
58. Trojan Steel Regiment
71. Cavaliers
98. Green and Grey Crusaders

Division III:
36. Columbus Dream

Good Luck to all competitors this Season!
Merry Christmas!
SalukiShaffer
SalukiShaffer2
SEASON 40 NEWS AND HEADLINES

TOP STORY:
Where in the hell is the league founder? We have no league events, no board of directors, and only two Division I corps. Here's hoping he comes back soon.

If we do in fact have an absent league founder, I was considering dropping out of this league, making my own, and inviting all of you to quit this league and join mine. It's an idea, but I'd rather ask the opinions of the other members first. Message me if its a yay or nay from you.

We have 2 Division I, 11 Division II, and 1 Division III corps this year. It's nice to see more corps joining higher divisions and bigger challenges, and I'm as excited as anyone to compete Head-To-Head with some of these corps that were big in DIII last season

Cadets of Blue and Spirit of Delaware are ranked 75 and 77 in Division I action right now. Let's hope they improve to at least a Semifinals berth.

To everyone, good luck, and I'll see what I can do about this league thing. Here's hoping at least.

Merry Christmas, and have a great Season 40
SalukiShaffer2
LittleD4010
Hello everyone! I just want to say I'm truly sorry for my absence! I've been so caught in college stuff, along with practices with band going to Florida and indoor track, and Christmas that I haven't done my job and been active on FMA! If you guys want me to host some competitions, let me know and I'll do so no problem! I promise that once this season is over, I'll be back in my grove and be doing the things I'm suppose to do! Thank you!
Meadowbrook
Drum Corps: S20- Div. II Gold Medalist (86.77)
CG: S24- Div. II Gold Medalist (96.635)
Drumline: S27- Div. II Gold Medalist (92.95)